Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 06:20 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,141,299 times

Advertisements

Good Monday morning

Today’s Question(s):

How many stores where you regularly shop have self-checkout lanes? 2 Target & HEB grocery store.

Do you:
Love ‘em?
Hate ‘em?
Don’t care either way?

Do you go out of your way either to use them or to avoid them?
I wish, but someone has to do the grocery shopping.

Bonus Question:

Many of us in the United States have been roasting under extremely hot conditions this summer. How high has the temperature in your community gotten this year? 106

Is that:
Higher than usual?
About normal?
Lower than usual?

If your area is in the heat wave of 2012, have you altered your behavior at all in response to the heat?

If so, how?

Extra Credit Question:

What is one thing you always wanted as a kid but never got? ice skates.

What was it that made you want that much-desired object?
When we were stationed in Germany for 3 years, our neighborhood would ice over the tennis courts so everyone could ice skate.

Just For Fun:

What is your favorite thing to put on top of vanilla ice cream? Thick hot fudge!

Today’s Word:

Suasion \swā zhən\ noun
The act of urging; persuasion

Today is:

Parent’s Day
Mosquito Day
National Hotdog Day
Hot Enough For Ya Day
Gorgeous Grandma Day
National Vanilla Ice Cream Day
Sweetie Pie's 39th Birthday!

Thanks for the Q's MWBW. Have a great day y'all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 06:29 AM

36,428 posts, read 16,038,061 times
Today’s Question(s):

How many stores where you regularly shop have self-checkout lanes? None, we are way behind

Do you:
Love ‘em?
Hate ‘em?
Don’t care either way?

Bonus Question:

Many of us in the United States have been roasting under extremely hot conditions this summer. How high has the temperature in your community gotten this year?
It was tinkering around 100 for about a week, a while ago.
Is that:
Higher than usual?
About normal?
Lower than usual?

If your area is in the heat wave of 2012, have you altered your behavior at all in response to the heat?
Yes
If so, how?
I'm grumpier!

Extra Credit Question:

What is one thing you always wanted as a kid but never got?
Chatty Cathy, I got the Cathy with no Chatty.
It talked.

Just For Fun:

What is your favorite thing to put on top of vanilla ice cream? Hot Fudge and lots of it.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:31 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,686,666 times
Today’s Question(s):

How many stores where you regularly shop have self-checkout lanes?

Do you:
Love ‘em?
Hate ‘em?
Don’t care either way?

Nope!

Bonus Question:

Many of us in the United States have been roasting under extremely hot conditions this summer. How high has the temperature in your community gotten this year?
Round 100 +/-

Is that:
Higher than usual?
About normal?
Lower than usual?

Not really as my place is heavily naturally shaded.
If so, how?

Extra Credit Question:

A mom who does not say things in double meaning, or
"overthink" what others say.

Being "reminded" at all times how abrasive someone can be.... for that I have a much wonderful hubby who made up for that "lack". Sad but true...

Just For Fun:

What is your favorite thing to put on top of vanilla ice cream?
Whip cream.

Today in History:

1632 – Three hundred colonists bound for New France (which is now much of North America) depart from Dieppe, France
1829 – William Austin Burt patents the typographer, a precursor to the typewriter
1840 – The Province of Canada is established by the Act of Union
1903 – The Ford Motor Company sells its first car
1926 – Fox Film buys the patents of the Movietone sound system for recording sound onto film
1942 – The Treblinka extermination camp is opened
1962 – Telstar relays the first publicly transmitted live trans-Atlantic television program, featuring Walter Cronkite
1965 – The Beatles release Help in the United Kingdom
1967 – The 12th Street Riot begins in Detroit, Michigan; by its conclusion five days later, 43 were dead, 342 injured, and over 2,000 buildings destroyed
1968 – A violent shootout in Cleveland, Ohio sparks a five-day riot that kills seven
1983 – An Air Canada Boeing 767 runs out of fuel at an altitude of 41,000 feet and is glided to a safe landing at Gimli Industrial Park Airport in Manitoba

Today’s Word:

Suasion \swā zhən\ noun

Today is:

Parent’s Day
(to remind who NOT to be)
Mosquito Day
National Hotdog Day
Hot Enough For Ya Day
Gorgeous Grandma Day

Old 07-23-2012, 06:44 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,486,812 times
Happy Monday to all and hope everyone has a great week!

Today’s Question(s):

How many stores where you regularly shop have self-checkout lanes? none

Do you:
Love ‘em?
Hate ‘em?
Don’t care either way?

yes

Bonus Question:

Many of us in the United States have been roasting under extremely hot conditions this summer. How high has the temperature in your community gotten this year? I think 107 with the heat index

Is that:
Higher than usual? yes
About normal?
Lower than usual?

If your area is in the heat wave of 2012, have you altered your behavior at all in response to the heat? somewhat

If so, how?
I stay inside with the A/C more

Extra Credit Question:

What is one thing you always wanted as a kid but never got? a horse

All little girls love horses, at least I did.

Just For Fun:

What is your favorite thing to put on top of vanilla ice cream? caramel and hot fudge sauce

Old 07-23-2012, 06:46 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Today’s Question(s):

How many stores where you regularly shop have self-checkout lanes? That would be a big zero lol

Bonus Question:

Many of us in the United States have been roasting under extremely hot conditions this summer. How high has the temperature in your community gotten this year? Probably mid to upper70's.
Is that:
Higher than usual?
About normal? X
Lower than usual?

Extra Credit Question:

What is one thing you always wanted as a kid but never got? Can't think of anything - I was pretty spoiled

Just For Fun:

What is your favorite thing to put on top of vanilla ice cream? I actually like good vanilla ice cream by itself - so yummy.

Today’s Word:

Suasion \swā zhən\ noun

Today is:

Parent’s Day
Mosquito Day
National Hotdog Day
Hot Enough For Ya Day
Gorgeous Grandma Day

Hope everyone has a great day.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:56 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,677,609 times
Today’s Question(s):

The ones I shop at all have them. That is one of reasons I shop there.

Do you:
Love ‘em?
I have no trouble with them at all and the line, if there is one, is always shorter. Probably because of the number of people who don't like them, from what I read here.
Hate ‘em?
Don’t care either way?

Bonus Question:

Is that:
Higher than usual. Setting records for most consecutive days in 90's and 100's
About normal?
Lower than usual?

If it's over 95F and I have to go somewhere, I don't take my scooter I take the truck. That helmet is hot when it's over 95.

If so, how?

Extra Credit Question:

Michelle

She had the prettiest blonde hair

Just For Fun:

Nothing on top of it, my spoon under it. If I want flavored ice cream I buy flavored Ice cream.

Today in History:

1632 – Three hundred colonists bound for New France (which is now much of North America) depart from Dieppe, France
1829 – William Austin Burt patents the typographer, a precursor to the typewriter
1926 – Fox Film buys the patents of the Movietone sound system for recording sound onto film
1962 – Telstar relays the first publicly transmitted live trans-Atlantic television program, featuring Walter Cronkite
1967 – The 12th Street Riot begins in Detroit, Michigan; by its conclusion five days later, 43 were dead, 342 injured, and over 2,000 buildings destroyed
1968 – A violent shootout in Cleveland, Ohio sparks a five-day riot that kills seven
1983 – An Air Canada Boeing 767 runs out of fuel at an altitude of 41,000 feet and is glided to a safe landing at Gimli Industrial Park Airport in Manitoba

Today’s Word:

Suasion \swā zhən\ noun

Today is:

Parent’s Day
Mosquito Day
National Hotdog Day
Hot Enough For Ya Day
Gorgeous Grandma Day
National Vanilla Ice Cream Day[/quote]

Old 07-23-2012, 07:00 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
Today’s Question(s):

Do you:
Love ‘em?x
Hate ‘em?
Don’t care either way? Not really

Bonus Question:

Is that:
Higher than usual?x
About normal?
Lower than usual?

If so, how? Crank up A/C!

Extra Credit Question:

What is one thing you always wanted as a kid but never got? An Easy bake oven

What was it that made you want that much-desired object? loved the thought of making my own cookies and baked goods!

Just For Fun:t
Sprinkles...but I like Vanilla Bean ice cream and you don't need anything to top it..

Today’s Word:

Suasion \swā zhən\ noun

Today is:

Parent’s Day X
Mosquito Day stay indoors after 9p!
National Hotdog Day Once in a while! A grilled, well done one is yummy!
Hot Enough For Ya Day xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gorgeous Grandma Day
National Vanilla Ice Cream Day[/quote] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by njsocks; 07-23-2012 at 07:14 AM..

Old 07-23-2012, 07:40 AM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Today’s Question(s):

How many stores where you regularly shop have self-checkout lanes? Several.
Do you:
Love ‘em?
Hate ‘em?
Don’t care either way? I don't care whether the store has them or not. I've tried twice to use one and both times there was a problem that I needed help with. I won't be trying it again anytime soon.
Do you go out of your way either to use them or to avoid them? Avoid.

Bonus Question:
Many of us in the United States have been roasting under extremely hot conditions this summer. How high has the temperature in your community gotten this year? 104. We have broken the record high several times this year and may break it again today. I detest hot, humid weather.
Is that:
Higher than usual? Way higher.
About normal?
Lower than usual?
If your area is in the heat wave of 2012, have you altered your behavior at all in response to the heat? Yep.
If so, how? Most evenings are too muggy for me to do my power walk outside. I'm not as disciplined with my indoor workouts, so I'm not getting as much exercise as I want and need to get.

Extra Credit Question:
What is one thing you always wanted as a kid but never got? A piano and piano lessons. That sort of thing was way too expensive for my family.
What was it that made you want that much-desired object? I just always loved piano music and wished I could play.

Just For Fun:
What is your favorite thing to put on top of vanilla ice cream? Hot fudge and/or dark chocolate chunks.

Today’s Word:
Suasion \swā zhən\ noun
Interesting. I'd never seen this word before.

Today is:
Mosquito Day No, thanks. So far, this has been the best year I can remember for a low mosquito count. The only advantage of a drought that I can think of.
National Hotdog Day All American!
Hot Enough For Ya Day Yep, it sure is. Way hot!
Gorgeous Grandma Day I know a bunch of gorgeous grandmas!
National Vanilla Ice Cream Day My favorite! Yay! I'll take two scoops, please, with lots of hot fudge and a squirt of whipped cream. Thank you very much!

Happy Monday, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-23-2012 at 07:51 AM..

Old 07-23-2012, 07:49 AM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Today’s Question(s):

How many stores where you regularly shop have self-checkout lanes? 4

Do you:
Love ‘em?
Hate ‘em?
Don’t care either way? Some are okay, some can be a pain in the butt, depends on the store and it's layout.

Do you go out of your way either to use them or to avoid them? I use them when I only have a few items to check.

Bonus Question:

Many of us in the United States have been roasting under extremely hot conditions this summer. How high has the temperature in your community gotten this year? 114

Is that:
Higher than usual?
About normal? XX
Lower than usual?

If your area is in the heat wave of 2012, have you altered your behavior at all in response to the heat? No.

If so, how? I'm generally pretty well behaved, when it get's real hot, like 212, then I start to boil..

Extra Credit Question:

What is one thing you always wanted as a kid but never got? My own bank.

What was it that made you want that much-desired object? Cuz that's where all the money was.

Just For Fun:

What is your favorite thing to put on top of vanilla ice cream? Chocolate syrup with strawberries.

Monday, yay, another fine day of the week in the calendar, let's enjoy it...

Old 07-23-2012, 07:51 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,616,358 times
Mornin' all!

Today’s Question(s):

Don't know, don't care.

Do you:
Love ‘em?
Hate ‘em?
Don’t care either way?
Can't really judge fairly since I've never used them.

Avoid them? Why yes. Yes I do.

Bonus Question:

Over 100

Is that:
Higher than usual
About normal?
Lower than usual?

Not really. I have very low heat tolerance. Any time it's hotter outside than I set my furnace in the winter, I'm inside with the AC on.

If so, how?

Extra Credit Question:

Bizzy Buzz Buzz

I loved artistic things like Etch A Sketch, and Spirograph, both of which I had. Bizzy Buzz Buzz just seemed natural to me.

Just For Fun:

Caramel sauce is just one of my favorite toppings. I promised hubby I would spread his good word about putting Tang on vanilla ice cream.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Suasion \swā zhən\ noun

Today is:

Parent’s Day
Mosquito Day
National Hotdog Day Do soy hot dogs count?
Hot Enough For Ya Day I can guarantee ya, if it's in the 70's, it's too hot for me!
Gorgeous Grandma Day

Thanx for the Qs MwBW.
Have a great day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics