Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 05:22 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,701,479 times

Advertisements

[quote=Kobber;25310869]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, July 24th. I’m exhausted from painting all day, so let’s get into it without further ado!

Today’s Question

If your doctor told you to eat just one type of food for a week, which one of the following would you choose? Ignore nutrition factors – choose what you would like best (or hate least)!

Meat only
Vegetables only
Fruit only
Cereal/grains only
Fish only
Eggs only

Fruit would be my second choice.

Extra Credit Question

When did you last go to a drive-thru, and what did you get/do there? Yesterday....pay for parking.

Bonus Question

In honour of the first greetings telegram being sent on this day in 1935, have you ever sent or received a greetings telegram?NO If yes, what was the special occasion?

Just for Fun

Today is Tell An Old Joke Day. What’s the oldest joke you know? I don't remember

Today in History
1847 Brigham Young and his Mormon followers arrive at Salt Lake City, Utah
1851 Window tax abolished in Britain
1870 First trans-U.S. rail service begins
1929 New York to San Francisco foot race ends (2 months) - winner is 60 years old
1935 First greetings telegram sent in Britain
1965 Bob Dylan release "Like a Rolling Stone"
1974 Supreme Court unanimously rules Nixon must turn over Watergate tapes
2005 Lance Armstrong retires after winning his 7th straight Tours de France

Today’s Word

Bildungsroman \ BIL-doongz-roh-mahn \ , noun;
1. A type of novel concerned with the education, development, and maturing of a young protagonist.

Today Is

Cousins Day - I have a few that I haven't seen in years!
National Drive-Thru Day
National Tequila Day - No thanks
Tell An Old Joke Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 05:29 AM

10,181 posts, read 11,169,862 times
Today’s Question:

If your doctor told you to eat just one type of food for a week, which one of the following would you choose? Ignore nutrition factors – choose what you would like best (or hate least)!

Meat only
Vegetables only
Fruit only
Cereal/grains only
Fish only
Eggs only

Extra Credit Question:

When did you last go to a drive-thru, and what did you get/do there?

Bonus Question:

In honour of the first greetings telegram being sent on this day in 1935, have you ever sent or received a greetings telegram? If yes, what was the special occasion?

No

Just for Fun:

Today is Tell An Old Joke Day. What’s the oldest joke you know?

The doctor tells his patient: "Well I have good news and bad news..."

The patient says, "Lay it on me Doc. What's the bad news?"

"You have Alzheimer's disease."

"Good heavens! What's the good news?"

"You can go home and forget about it!

Old 07-24-2012, 05:34 AM

19,538 posts, read 9,552,731 times
Today’s Question:

Oh, kill me now. If I choose veggies only because I do love them esp grilled peppers and onions, after a couple days I want to gnaw on my arm. I know I probably won't make it past 4 days

Meat only
Vegetables only ?
Fruit only
Cereal/grains only
Fish only
Eggs only

Extra Credit Question:

When did you last go to a drive-thru, and what did you get/do there? Been over a year I believe. Taco Bell on my way to make a hair cut appt in less than 20 mins.

Bonus Question:

In honour of the first greetings telegram being sent on this day in 1935, have you ever sent or received a greetings telegram? If yes, what was the special occasion?No

Just for Fun:

Today is Tell An Old Joke Day. What’s the oldest joke you know? I'm not so sure this is a joke but my brother used to go around asking if his unsuspecting punching bags at the time wanted a Hertz donut.
The glutton and curiosity got the better of us when we replied in the affirmative. After the punch to the arm or leg, he'd then ask, "hurts, don't it?"

Today in History:

1929 New York to San Francisco foot race ends (2 months) - winner is 60 years old

Today’s Word:

1. A type of novel concerned with the education, development, and maturing of a young protagonist.

Today Is:

Cousins Day
National Drive-Thru Day I know there's some drive-thru beer stores out there and can already see some people's eyes lighting up.
National Tequila Day I'm more of a rum gal though
Tell An Old Joke Day hard part is remembering how they go

Old 07-24-2012, 05:35 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times

Meat only Probably
Vegetables only
Fruit only
Cereal/grains only
Fish only
Eggs only

Extra Credit Question:

When did you last go to a drive-thru, and what did you get/do there? Prescriptions a couple weeks ago

Bonus Question:

In honour of the first greetings telegram being sent on this day in 1935, have you ever sent or received a greetings telegram? If yes, what was the special occasion? Nope

Just for Fun:

Today is Tell An Old Joke Day. What’s the oldest joke you know? What's black and white and red all over. Embarassed zebra! OR You know how to top a car? You tep on the brake, Tupid!

Old 07-24-2012, 05:48 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Today’s Question:

Meat only
Vegetables only
Fruit only
Cereal/grains only including pastas
Fish only
Eggs only

Extra Credit Question:

When did you last go to a drive-thru, and what did you get/do there? Since I don't drive, I rarely ever use the drive-thru unless I'm with someone. It was a fast-food restaurant but don't recall when or what I got

Bonus Question:

In honour of the first greetings telegram being sent on this day in 1935, have you ever sent or received a greetings telegram? If yes, what was the special occasion? Never

Just for Fun:

Today is Tell An Old Joke Day. What’s the oldest joke you know? Knock Knock ... Who's there? ... Boo .... Boo who ... Geez, ya don't have to cry about it

Old 07-24-2012, 05:53 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,217 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, July 24th. I’m exhausted from painting all day, so let’s get into it without further ado!

Today’s Question:

Meat only Carnivore!!!!!
Vegetables only
Fruit only
Cereal/grains only
Fish only
Eggs only

Extra Credit Question:

When did you last go to a drive-thru, and what did you get/do there? I think a couple of weeks ago. I got Chinese.

Bonus Question:

In honour of the first greetings telegram being sent on this day in 1935, have you ever sent or received a greetings telegram? If yes, what was the special occasion? Nope.

Just for Fun:

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Today Is:

Cousins Day Plenty of those.
National Drive-Thru Day Not good for my waistline. Get out and walk, people!
National Tequila Day
Tell An Old Joke Day

Happy Tuesday!!!!

Old 07-24-2012, 05:53 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,600,412 times
Hi QOTDers! Been a busy summer but I'm back for a week of fun with you guys

Meat only
Vegetables only
Fruit only
Cereal/grains only carbs for sure!
Fish only
Eggs only

When did you last go to a drive-thru, and what did you get/do there? a few weeks ago we drove through a Wendy's in the rain for a frosty - first time I've been through a drive-thru in months, if not years!

Old 07-24-2012, 06:04 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,627,655 times
Today’s Question:

Meat only
Vegetables only
Fruit only
Cereal/grains only......this one, I would get too hungry or tired of the other choices
Fish only
Eggs only

Extra Credit Question:

Yesterday morning at McDonald's, got a bacon, egg & cheese biscuit

Bonus Question:

In honour of the first greetings telegram being sent on this day in 1935, have you ever sent or received a greetings telegram? If yes, what was the special occasion?
No, never have

Just for Fun:

One my Grandmother used to tell me, about not going into the garden with a skirt on cause them taters got "eyes"!!

Today Is:

Cousins Day.........................I have a few of those
National Drive-Thru Day........yay!
National Tequila Day.............hate tequila unless it's in a Margarita and I can't taste it
Tell An Old Joke Day.............just can't remember jokes very well

Old 07-24-2012, 06:15 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Today’s Question:

Meat only
Vegetables only
Fruit only
Cereal/grains only
Fish only
Eggs only

Meat only

Extra Credit Question:

McDonalds - Sunday morning - a sausage biscuit and that icy cherry drink that's like a slurpee to eat and drink at the Lake where I planned to review my bird/critter photos taken earlier in the morning and die of the heat/humidity.

Bonus Question:

Sent one the day after my wedding to thank the parents. It's the only one I ever sent. Never received one.

Just for Fun:

Uh-oh. I don't remember jokes. Let's see if I can ruin this one. You will only get it if you are old like me.

Once there was a minor league baseball pitcher in Wisconsin named Mel Fayme. He was a decent pitcher in his day but he was on his way down and he knew it. The fastball was just not there anymore. Mel's team was the visiting team at one crucial game in the playoff series. When he would go into the dugout after he pitched an inning Mel would drink beer and stack the cans like a pyramid in front of the dugout.

The score was tied in the 9th inning and Mel was pretty drunk but the manager had no one in the bullpen that he could put in the game so it was Mel or nobody. The first batter got a single, then he walked two more batters to load the bases. His teammates were screaming words of encouragement but Mel was practically falling off the pitcher's mound. "Ball One," screamed the umpire. The crowd who was rooting for the other team roared their approval. "Ball Two!" "Ball Three!" yelled the umpire. Mel then managed two strikes. There was hope. The manager and catcher went out to talk to Mel. Mel told them he could use another beer. But he pulled himself together, spit a little, scratched himself and waited for the sign from his catcher. He stared at the batter with determination and a burning hate in his eyes. The crowd held its breath. Mel reared back and threw the hardest fast ball he could...and it sailed right over the batter's head and into the stands for Ball Four. The player on third skipped to home plate and the home team ran on the field to hug and kiss each other (which is apparently what ballplayers do when they win) . As the winning team was coming off the field one of the winning players pointed to the cans in front of the dugout and said, "That's the beer that made Mel Fayme walk us."

See, this is why I am not a comedian.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:37 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,291,726 times
Good morning all -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, July 24th. I’m exhausted from painting all day, so let’s get into it without further ado!

Today’s Question:

Meat only
Vegetables only
Fruit only
Cereal/grains only
Fish only
Eggs only
Cereal / grains. I need fiber. Vegetables would be a close second. Fruit third.

I would not consider the other choices, nutrition or not.

Extra Credit Question:

Quote:
2 weeks ago - Brusters Ice Cream.

Oreo waffle cone. Yummy!

Bonus Question:

Quote:
Never received or sent one.

Just for Fun:

Quote:
D/K. I'm not much on jokes but I do like some comedians.

Have a great day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics