Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:16 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

I had several other peeves that I picked out and had ready for use tonight however this news story hit me like a ton of bricks and it's more than just a peeve, it angers me to think of what these kids did and I'm sure there are more like them around the country.

Peeve: vile school children on school buses. There surely are others but this story is about Karen Klein school bus monitor being bullied by children. Wow,,,, who are the parents of these kids? Why is this type of behavior tolerated by the school or anyone in the community? Everyone of the kids need to be held accountable by school and parents.

Athena Middle School in Greece, New York

Bus Monitor Karen Klein bullied by vile school children - YouTube

Now the good news side of this.

Bullied NY bus monitor Karen Klein calling it quits - U.S. News

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 11:50 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Sometimes happy endings do emerge from situations like this.
It's 100% parent responsibility for rearing their children properly.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:06 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Was the bus driver oblivious to this? Sheesh! I've seen bits of this story for a few days anyway. Pretty disgusting and yet not surprising these days!

Old 07-28-2012, 12:25 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Isn't it strange, how the behaviour of many children has become so bad. It's the same here in England. Why is this common to us both?

I do know when I was a kid we just didn't behave in this way. We were taught to respect adults, teachers, policemen, and other authority figures. Teachers in English schools could hit children with a leather strap across the hand, or a hard, rubber soled sneaker across the backside!! It hurt as well....

I'm not saying those days of assault in school should come back, but children must not be allowed to get away with bad behaviour. Some are spoiled, bullying, little brats. There is nothing that makes my blood boil than bullies. They make some other kid's life a misery. I can never understand why some children get so much pleasure hurting others. Some of them are just vicious little thugs.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:31 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,282 times
Unbelieveable!! My parents would have locked me up if I had behaved like that!!

Old 07-28-2012, 12:40 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
In my day if you misbehaved like todays kids you'd be sent to the principals office and spanked with a wooden paddle that had holes in it. That smarted. Then you'd be sent home and your dad would wail the heck outta you. Today if the teacher or principal even looks threatening to a student the parents threaten to sue the school. Times sure have changed.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:41 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
In my day if you misbehaved like todays kids you'd be sent to the principals office and spanked with a wooden paddle that had holes in it. That smarted. Today if the teacher or principal even looks threatening to a student the parents threaten to sue the school. Time sure have changed.
Yep! That's it!

Old 07-28-2012, 04:29 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,251,590 times
I can't understand much of what I hear on my little laptop so browsed and find that the a$$holes are commenting on her weight, sexual acts and family members killing themselves. They get a year's suspension, time in a rehab facility, community service with the elderly and must go through bullying prevention. Karma comes around and whenever it does, I like to think each young criminal remembers what it's for and in the meantime making every effort to pursue the remains of their lives as decent individuals.

I hope the $700K donated to Mrs. Klein helps to ease the hurt and harm that she endured.

Don't you just know that at least one of the boy's parents said, "Boys will be boys!"

Old 07-28-2012, 06:04 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Wow,,,, who are the parents of these kids? Why is this type of behavior tolerated by the school or anyone in the community? Everyone of the kids need to be held accountable by school and parents.

There are too many problems with today's kids and society.

Parents want to be "friends" instead of parents.
There is no more discipline.

You have schools that are afraid of getting sued so they don't/can't discipline.
Some parents are afraid of their kids. You used to be able to discipline your kids...today your kids will call child services.

It's bad times. Kids have no respect and parents aren't doing their job.

Kids also don't have many good role models or heroes today. Just look at the trash they watch in TV.....oh and what about the kids who play for teams and have moronic fathers who get crazy in the field

Last edited by ylisa7; 07-28-2012 at 07:11 AM..

Old 07-28-2012, 07:06 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Unfortunately, the ability to smack your kid has gone out the door, its 'illegal' now...thats why kids these days are becoming more and more criminal minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics