Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 09:26 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,894,490 times

Advertisements

Green building must be those that are environmentally improved and use little or no energy. Well that's about all I can come up with at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 12:45 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,226,551 times
I'm still trying to figure out how they know for sure that the olive in question really is a virgin.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:09 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,253,818 times
Well try this non-olive-oil item on for size:

Had a neighbor who was moving, and she asked us ifwe would want the unopened food she was not taking. Sure, I says, says I. In the box, I found a bottle of catsup, which was nearly forbidden in our home. The label made me decided that this particular catsup was forbidden! The label said, "Pure Imitation Catsup."

Can this be explained?

Old 08-04-2012, 06:51 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
While in the health food area of the store today I found an interesting item that caught my eye. Wholemega Extra-Virgin Wild Alaskan Salmon Whole Fish Oil as it was advertised on the box. Image added to help understand this question.

Just how do we truly know if this is “extra-virgin” fish oil? Not that I distrust the company that is selling the product, I simply don’t know what is “extra” virgin. In my small world, a virgin is a virgin so how can it become labeled an extra? Who is watching to make sure this is even a virgin salmon to begin with? Can’t I enjoy an ordinary salmon without worry? There has to be an answer and I’m hopeful someone out there will provide it. Or ask something else that can be answered.

Glad you mentioned this, Aks. I searched and found that a lot of the fish oil capsules we purchase are made from by-products! Ohmigawd! So looking for something like the one you mention here or any brand that can confirm that it comes from Alaskan salmon and cold-pressed is the healthiest choice. I purchased a big bottle of salmon oil last month and it's labeled as Norwegian but there's nothing about processing or which salmon. Phooey! I'll be getting extra virgin!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:47 AM

39 posts, read 174,776 times
Thinking too much, too often, will make someone crazy. Be aware and in the present. In truth, there is only the present. The past is in our mind and the future has not yet happened. Only think as you do and only when it is required. The happiest and most successful individuals are doing just that. "if it bothers you, than don't do it". When you are concerned about something, handle it. You might be concerned about the Rain Forrest and don't have the time to join a group that is actively helping the Rain Forest. Send a few dollars to a group like this. You might be surprised how much better you feel. The more you act on a concern or situation the less it will bother you, do nothing about it and the more it will persist. Sometimes a problem will handle itself on it's own, but that is not always the case.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:52 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,894,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
Glad you mentioned this, Aks. I searched and found that a lot of the fish oil capsules we purchase are made from by-products! Ohmigawd! So looking for something like the one you mention here or any brand that can confirm that it comes from Alaskan salmon and cold-pressed is the healthiest choice. I purchased a big bottle of salmon oil last month and it's labeled as Norwegian but there's nothing about processing or which salmon. Phooey! I'll be getting extra virgin!
Fish oil is good for you,, especially at my age. It always pays to check health products out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics