Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 06:27 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,486,812 times

Advertisements

Happy last day of July! This summer is sure going by fast!

Today’s Question:

Many people have a set of four drawers in their kitchen and apparently the most common use for the top drawer is storing cutlery, and for the second drawer storing such items as the can opener, slotted spoons, cheese grater, measuring spoons, kitchen scissors and so on. Is this the case in your home, and what do you keep in your third drawer? The same kind of stuff in the second drawer. wine opener, more serving spoons and forks, etc....

Extra Credit Question:

Olive the Olympic Fairy will give you the skills and talents to compete at the Olympic Games. What sport would you most like to compete in and why? gymnastics. Always have loved that sport and beautiful and exciting to watch.

Bonus Question:

What will you, or did you, have for breakfast today? always just drink one cup of green tea.

Just for Fun:

Which do you prefer (pick one from each group)…

a) Dinner at a restaurant or dinner at home
b) An hour cleaning house or an hour pulling weeds
c) A walk in the country or a walk in the city
d) A visit to the zoo or a visit to the aquarium
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 06:46 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,616,358 times
Mornin' all!

Today’s Question:

Many people have a set of four drawers in their kitchen and apparently the most common use for the top drawer is storing cutlery, and for the second drawer storing such items as the can opener, slotted spoons, cheese grater, measuring spoons, kitchen scissors and so on. Is this the case in your home, and what do you keep in your third drawer?

Hmmm...we only have two drawers.

Extra Credit Question:

Olive the Olympic Fairy will give you the skills and talents to compete at the Olympic Games. What sport would you most like to compete in and why?

I don't mind watching a few Olympic events, but I'm not interested in sports, and I'm just not competetive. I can't think of one I'd like to do.

Bonus Question:

What will you, or did you, have for breakfast today?
Haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning towards two fried eggs with a soft yolk, soy bacon, and toast with Marmite. If I'm feeling particularly ambitious, I may add hash very-browns with onions.

Just for Fun:

a) Dinner at a restaurant or dinner at home...I'm the only one who makes it the way I like it
c) A walk in the country or a walk in the city that depends on if I need the solitude, or if I'm feeling social.

Today in History:

1620 Pilgrim Fathers depart for America
1774 Joseph Priestley discovers oxygen
1893 Henry Perky patents shredded wheat
1964 The American space probe Ranger 7 transmitted 4,316 pictures of the moon’s surface.
1966 Alabamans burn Beatle products due to John Lennon's anti-Jesus remark I thought it was just pro-Beatles
1967 Rolling Stone Mick Jagger and Keith Richards end 1 month jail sentence
1971 Apollo 15 astronauts take 6 hour electric car ride on Moon
1991 Senate votes to allow women to fly combat aircraft

Today’s Word:

Matte \ mat \ , adjective;
1. Having a dull or lusterless surface: matte paint; a matte complexion; a photograph with a matte finish.
noun:
1. A dull or dead surface, often slightly roughened, as on metals, paint, paper, or glass.
2. A tool for producing such a surface.

Today Is:

Uncommon Instruments Awareness Day
National Raspberry Cake Day
Harry Potter’s Birthday (1980)

Thanx for the Qs Kobber!
Have a great day everyone!

Old 07-31-2012, 06:49 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,336,629 times
I'm still laughing at all of Rainroosty's answers.

Today’s Question:

Many people have a set of four drawers in their kitchen and apparently the most common use for the top drawer is storing cutlery, and for the second drawer storing such items as the can opener, slotted spoons, cheese grater, measuring spoons, kitchen scissors and so on. Is this the case in your home, and what do you keep in your third drawer?

The third one is deep and I have my kitchen towels in it.

Extra Credit Question:

Olive the Olympic Fairy will give you the skills and talents to compete at the Olympic Games. What sport would you most like to compete in and why?
Swimming because I am already pretty good at it.

Bonus Question:

What will you, or did you, have for breakfast today? Carbo load. Cornbread and beans.

Just for Fun:

Today in History:

1774 Joseph Priestley discovers oxygen Gosh. What did people breathe before that?
1964 The American space probe Ranger 7 transmitted 4,316 pictures of the moon’s surface.
1966 Alabamans burn Beatle products due to John Lennon's anti-Jesus remark

Today’s Word:

1. Having a dull or lusterless surface: matte paint; a matte complexion; a photograph with a matte finish.
noun:
1. A dull or dead surface, often slightly roughened, as on metals, paint, paper, or glass.

Today Is:

Old 07-31-2012, 06:54 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,677,609 times
Today’s Question:

My kitchen has 6 drawers, all on top with cabinets under them. Actually have 2 drawers for slotted spoons and stuff like that. I have 5 silicone spatulas and don't know why. Forth holds food wrap, foil, freezer bags. Fifth is for dish cloths and towels and sixth a junk drawer.

Extra Credit Question:

Not interested unless I get the paycheck the other "amateurs" are getting.

Bonus Question:

Cheerios

Just for Fun:

a) Dinner at a restaurant or dinner at home At home I eat alone. At the restaurant I know almost everyone that eats there.
b) An hour cleaning house or an hour pulling weeds. If I knew the difference between weeds and flowers I would choose this
c) A walk in the country or a walk in the city Once you see a tree and a cow what else is there in the country?
d) A visit to the zoo or a visit to the aquarium Fish are behind glass and don't smell.

Today in History:

1620 Pilgrim Fathers depart for America Indians hid their squaws when they arrived. All that time at sea with just fathers.
1893 Henry Perky patents shredded wheat It is now growing in my yard.
1964 The American space probe Ranger 7 transmitted 4,316 pictures of the moon’s surface. The moon people all stayed behind the camera

Today’s Word:

noun:

Today Is:

Harry Potter’s Birthday (1980)[/quote]

Old 07-31-2012, 06:55 AM

280 posts, read 572,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, July 31st. After several weeks of cloudy, cool and somewhat wet weather, the rest of the week here in my neck of the woods is forecast to be clear and sunny with top temps around 70F. Not bad for midwinter!
Morning Kobber, today is a rarity for mid-summer here in Las Vegas, its cloudy, cold, very humid, supposed to get to 89* today with a 50% chance of monsoonal desert thunderstorms.

Today’s Question:

Have cutlery in one, slotted spoons and weird utensils in one, one is called the "junk drawer" which has batteries, twist ties, warranty pprwrk for the appliances, candles, lighters, etc.. The 4th is full of them plastic supermarket bags until I get around to repurposing them (such as trash bags for the bathroom or office)

Extra Credit Question:

Good question. I would probably say one of the shooting events...it's about the only skill that could potential save your life (shoot an intruder for safety, shoot a critter for safety/food)...Maybe one of the track sprinters would be cool...then you can run from the intruder/critter chasing after you.

Bonus Question:

Today i'm having skip, got an early start today, no time for breakfast.

Just for Fun:

a) Dinner at a restaurant or dinner at home Home
b) An hour cleaning house or an hour pulling weeds Cleaning house
c) A walk in the country or a walk in the city Country
d) A visit to the zoo or a visit to the aquarium Aquarium

Old 07-31-2012, 07:14 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,532 times
Today’s Question:

Many people have a set of four drawers in their kitchen and apparently the most common use for the top drawer is storing cutlery, and for the second drawer storing such items as the can opener, slotted spoons, cheese grater, measuring spoons, kitchen scissors and so on. Is this the case in your home, and what do you keep in your third drawer? Third drawer holds dish towels, pot holders and trivets.

Extra Credit Question:

Olive the Olympic Fairy will give you the skills and talents to compete at the Olympic Games. What sport would you most like to compete in and why? Gymnastics.... Strength, flexibility and grace.... Oh, grace... Something I have never had.

Bonus Question:

No breakfast for me this morning unless you count the myriad of meds seemingly required as we get older.

Just for Fun:

a) Dinner at a restaurant or dinner at home Haven't been out to dinner for a while, so I'll choose that!
b) An hour cleaning house or an hour pulling weeds Pulling weeds... so I can be outside
c) A walk in the country or a walk in the city Definitely the country, not a city person
d) A visit to the zoo or a visit to the aquarium Haven't been to an aquarium for a while.

Enjoy your day, all!

Old 07-31-2012, 07:22 AM

38,911 posts, read 22,906,011 times
Today’s Question:

My kitchen drawers are arranged horizontally, not vertically, so I'll go from right to left. The first two drawers are arranged as above, since they're closest to the stove. Third drawer is for storing eating utensils (forks, spoons, knives).

Extra Credit Question:

Synchronized high diving, because it looks so graceful as the divers execute their dives.

Bonus Question:

I'm having a slice of toast topped with a fried egg, slice of deli ham and salsa, along with some orange slices.

Just for Fun:

a) Dinner at a restaurant or dinner at home Dinner at home

b) An hour cleaning house or an hour pulling weeds An hour cleaning house
c) A walk in the country or a walk in the city A walk in the country
d) A visit to the zoo or a visit to the aquarium A visit to the aquarium

Enjoy your Tuesday and end of July!

Last edited by Dennis P; 07-31-2012 at 07:57 AM..

Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,291,726 times
Hello everyone,

Quote:
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, July 31st. After several weeks of cloudy, cool and somewhat wet weather, the rest of the week here in my neck of the woods is forecast to be clear and sunny with top temps around 70F. Not bad for midwinter!

Today’s Question:

N/A because I only have 2 drawers. I live alone in the lower level of a house but I have to share the kitchen with 2 housemates.

Extra Credit Question:

Quote:
Thanks Olive. Soccer because that is my 2nd favorite sport (hockey is my favorite).

Bonus Question:

Quote:
Egg. sharp yellow American cheese, mushroom, onion, and garlic on French bread. The latter 3 are sauteed.
I have an orange every morning.

Just for Fun:

Quote:

A) Restaurant
B) Pulling weeds
C) Walk in the country
D) Zoo, unless it's going to he hot and humid or storms.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 07-31-2012, 07:51 AM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Today’s Question:
Many people have a set of four drawers in their kitchen and apparently the most common use for the top drawer is storing cutlery, and for the second drawer storing such items as the can opener, slotted spoons, cheese grater, measuring spoons, kitchen scissors and so on. Is this the case in your home, and what do you keep in your third drawer? Nope. My cutlery is stored in a wood block. My flatware and serving spoons are in a top drawer and other utensils are in another top drawer. I have tw other drawers that contain small T-ware containers, cookie cutters and oddball stuff like that.

Extra Credit Question:
Olive the Olympic Fairy will give you the skills and talents to compete at the Olympic Games. What sport would you most like to compete in and why? Gymnastics - Uneven bars. I love watching that and imagining flying through the air like they do.

Bonus Question:
What will you, or did you, have for breakfast today? Im' having it right now - a bowl of Lavish (brand name) dark chocolate whole-grain oatmeal with flax.

Just for Fun:
a) Dinner at a restaurant or dinner at home Dinner at a restaurant is a wonderful treat, but on a day-to-day basis I'd prefer dinner at home.
b) An hour cleaning house or an hour pulling weeds Pulling weeds. I detest housework.
c) A walk in the country or a walk in the city Definitely the country. Can never get enough nature.
d) A visit to the zoo or a visit to the aquarium Ooooo - tough choice. Depends on which zoo and which aquarium. I love going to Brookfield Zoo near Chicago. I went to the aquarium in Monterey, CA once, and it was one of my favorite places ever! So I don't think I could choose one over the other.

Today’s Word:
noun:
I prefer matte paint over glossy and matte photos over glossy.

Today Is:
Uncommon Instruments Awareness Day I can play a pretty mean kazoo!
National Raspberry Cake Day Sounds delish. I don't think I've ever tasted raspberry cake.
Harry Potter’s Birthday (1980) I never got around to reading those books. One of these days, maybe after I retire.......

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-31-2012 at 08:07 AM..

Old 07-31-2012, 08:09 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,844 times
Today’s Question:

Kitchen Towels

Extra Credit Question:

Swimming. Love to swim!

Bonus Question:

Toast with strawberry jam and grape nuts.

Just for Fun:

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

noun:

Today Is:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics