Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

What is your current desktop picture? A picture I downloaded from the World of Color show at Disney's California Adventure ... (LOL! I had to actually look as I forgot)

When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Jeepers ... Creepers girlfriend ... Gotta wash that hair

Is there a particular a word that you say a lot? Um ... Can't think of a word that I particularly favor

What do you label yourself as? Easy-going, friendly, chatty, witty and cool

Bonus Question:

Who or what inspired you to work in your field? The first thought of becoming a college counselor came to me after I began helping a friend in college with picking her classes as she was a recent immigrant to the US from Lebanon and the university system here in California was new to her. I found through this experience that I actually enjoyed helping her

What current T.V. program do you look forward to every week? I don't watch TV and not even sure if my TV even works anymore

Just for fun:

Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?
Twirl it baby! ("Twirl that spaghetti around, love to twirl it" - Sings the Chatteress)

Do you eat pizza with a knife and folk? Are you crazy?

Favorite Alcoholic drink? None ... I can't tolerate the taste of alcohol and not even wine coolers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 08:57 AM

24,482 posts, read 26,021,800 times
Today's Question(s):

What is your current desktop picture?
Some space scene that came with the computer.

When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Damn, you need more sleep.

Is there a particular a word that you say a lot?
Nope.

What do you label yourself as?
Male.

Bonus Question:

Who or what inspired you to work in your field?
Nothing inspired me except the steady paycheck, I kinda just fell into it.

What current T.V. program do you look forward to every week?
The 2 NCIS programs and The Good Wife.

Just for fun:

Twirl.

Do you eat pizza with a knife and folk?
Gasp!!! Never.

Favorite Alcoholic drink?
Vodka on the rocks, 2 olives please.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:59 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,532 times
Today's Question(s):

Alternating nature scenes

When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Don't look too close!

I don't so....

Not sure that I label myself as any one thing in particular.

Bonus Question:

Must have been my first and second grade teachers since I knew at seven years old I wanted to be an elementary school teacher.

I only have a Roku which allows me to watch instant Netflix shows.... There is no program I watch every week.

Just for fun:

Twirl

No. My grandfather always said fingers were invented first!

Right now with the warm weather it's Coconut Rum and Pineapple juice.

Off to the recycle center. Enjoy your day, all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 08-04-2012 at 09:10 AM..

Old 08-04-2012, 08:59 AM

280 posts, read 572,361 times
Today's Question(s):

A picture I took of the polar star trails.

Holy s@#$ My hair kinda looked like a mix of Don King and the spikes on top of the Statue of Liberty

BACON

A comedic omnivore

Bonus Question:

I have always driven as a job after I was injured as a wildland firefighter. Spent many years driving assorted buses. Finally I just got tired of dealing with people. So I went and got my Class A CDL and have been a trucker ever since, but I semi-retired (semi -- no pun intended ) 2 years back, but I do help out some friends of mine with some local/regional work on occasion. My main function now is more of a dispatcher/planner/broker.

Right now, Breaking Bad on AMC

Just for fun:

Oh im definitely a cutter, I cant stand swirling.

90% of the time, Yes. I don't like my hands greasy or oily.

Its got no name that I have ever found. Vodka & Pineapple Juice

Last edited by LVNVTrucker; 08-04-2012 at 09:11 AM..

Old 08-04-2012, 09:08 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Good morning welcome to the start of hopefully a wonderful weekend.

Today's Question(s):

What is your current desktop picture? Just a blue background.

When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Today will be a better hair day than yesterday.

Is there a particular a word that you say a lot? No ( The answer is always no) just kidding. A word I say a lot is "Thank you."

What do you label yourself as? Sole proprietor.

Bonus Question:

Who or what inspired you to work in your field? The Internet.

What current T.V. program do you look forward to every week? Big Brother.

Just for fun:

I cut it.

Do you eat pizza with a knife and folk? No, I'm from Brooklyn.

I stay away from that stuff.

Have a great weekend everyone Everyone, enjoy a great weekend!

Have fun!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:14 AM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Today's Question(s):

What is your current desktop picture? I got a new PC about a month ago and haven't gotten around to choosing a desktop picture yet. On my desktop at work I currently have a photo I took of one of the tulips from my garden last spring. It's my personal best photo.

When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? I haven't looked yet.

Is there a particular a word that you say a lot? Yep. I often use the word "wonderful." Others have pointed that out to me.

What do you label yourself as? Compassionate.

Bonus Question:

Who or what inspired you to work in your field? The desperate need for a paycheck. I'm not working in a field I'm passionate about.

What current T.V. program do you look forward to every week? Right now, the Olympics. When regular series start up again in the fall, I'll look forward to The Good Wife every week. It's an excellent show.

Just for fun:
Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? I usually cut it.

Do you eat pizza with a knife and folk? Sometimes. Depends on how messy it is. If I'm able to pick it up, I will.

Favorite Alcoholic drink? Dry red wine. Favorite cocktail is a Bloody Mary.

Have a wonderful weekend, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-04-2012 at 09:26 AM..

Old 08-04-2012, 09:17 AM

38,911 posts, read 22,906,011 times
Today's Question(s):

Monterey, CA beach scene, with people wading and swimming in the water.

What happened to my youth?

"Like." Seems to be a California thing.

Easygoing

Bonus Question:

In my current field, it was necessity. After being out of work for a year and a half, my company was the only one hiring. I'm still learning and my head is spinning!

"Dog Whisperer" with Cesar Millan.

Just for fun:

Twirl

Only if it's thick crust.

I'm alcohol intolerant.

Have a great weekend!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,434,361 times
Good afternoon everybody from a once again dry England! Gotta help the athletes......

Now then, my current desk top picture is Raquel Welch!
The first thing I thought when I looked in the mirror this morning was "hi gorgeous."
The particular words I say a lot is "yes kitten." Kitten of course is the bread knife (wife).
What inspired me to work in my field was a need for money.
My favourite alcoholic drink is bacardi and coke.

Have a nice day everyone...

Old 08-04-2012, 09:35 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
Happy Saturday

I don't have a pic on my computer... its just blue

I have not looked in the mirror, but I feel melancholy- and like plain jello so I am thinking if I did look in the mirror that would be my thought.

There are several words I say allot... like "drive **** head!!" and when I am not I love "happy"

I twirl my spaghetti& eat pizza with hands or knife and fork if the situation calls for it.

Love and Peace

Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
[quote=BigMike50;25481189]Good morning welcome to the start of hopefully a wonderful weekend.

Today's Question(s):

What is your current desktop picture?.......My house decorated for Halloween. John put us on the front porch looking like faded ghosts. You'll see, the Halloween thread is coming soon. Warning, only those in touch with their inner child should view it.

When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?....Wow my hair looks good.

Is there a particular a word that you say a lot?.... Work has been totally aggravating the crap out of me to the point that I'm seriously thinking about quitting. Some administrative out of touch moron decided to change our report system. Instead of carrying one sheet of paper with everything we need, we have to carry 3 sheets for every patient. Most of the information we need is missing and there is only one paragraph pertaining to our needs on the first page. I refuse to be told how to do my job and continue to do it the old way. I will invite them to fire me so I can draw unemployment for a year at their expense. I swear I'd fire the idiot that changed the procedure. Everyone is po'd and it has to be the most idiotic thing I've seen them do thus far. It's an embarrassment.

What do you label yourself as?....Eccentric.

Bonus Question:

Who or what inspired you to work in your field?....Money

What current T.V. program do you look forward to every week?.....My Ghost Story or Celebrity Ghost Stories. (I have a way better picture than the ones I've seen on TV.)

Just for fun:

....Twirl

Do you eat pizza with a knife and folk?....No

....Champagne

Have a great weekend everyone Thanks. You too but I have to go to crazy hospital again.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics