Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 12:18 AM

16,664 posts, read 17,426,834 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

I don't know why, but I had a very weird dream a couple of nights ago that I can still recall.

Part of it involved me getting hopelessly lost and trying to find my way back to my parked car.

That got me thinking about times when I got lost either when walking, driving or on public transport.

Let us know your experiences, because the POTD is;

Getting lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 01:18 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

I don't know why, but I had a very weird dream a couple of nights ago that I can still recall.

Part of it involved me getting hopelessly lost and trying to find my way back to my parked car.

That got me thinking about times when I got lost either when walking, driving or on public transport.

Let us know your experiences, because the POTD is;

Getting lost.
I'm pleased to say I've never been lost - not physically ha ha. Speaking of dreams . . . .

I remembered a dream a couple of days ago that had to do with the shiny new wheel of a car. Here's some words from Dreamhawk for your dream.

Being lost: This links with feelings of confusion, lack of direction or conflict, of not understanding what is involved in the present situation you are in. The dream environment you are lost in will define what the confusion or conflict connects with. Sometimes this lost feeling arises because there are issues or changes in your life you have not acknowledged or do not want to acknowledge.

Car: Cars are such an enormously important and frequent part of modern life they represent all manner of things. But they particularly depict ability and opportunity. That is, ability to move around freely, and the opportunities this allows you. Through them you have the ability to get to work that might otherwise be out of reach; to enjoy leisure times; to meet and spend time with people; to carry things that would otherwise be impossible; to live a lifestyle that without the car would be out of the question. So a car allows choices, independence and freedom that would be missing without it.
*** more about cars continues here: Car | Dream Dictionary | dreamhawk.com

Old 08-08-2012, 01:49 AM

23,217 posts, read 29,026,930 times
Back in the early 70's, on a solo trip to Europe, I decided to be adventuresome one night in Venice and go off the main drag. All I kept doing is coming to dead ends at the water. And I couldn't speak a word of Italian. Finally I ran into a younger man who knew some English and steered me back to the main drag.

On a driving trip thru Greece, back in the 90's, I got lost a few times because the Greek road signs were totally foreign to me and now I know when they say: It's Greek to me!

Old 08-08-2012, 03:42 AM

36,416 posts, read 16,023,456 times
Hey Jezer, my lost dream is in high school, I get lost at my high school, it was recurring too, wonder what that means?

My Mom and I got lost once driving, I forget where and it was a creepy part of town so I didn't like it.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:22 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times
Getting lost in dreams is frustrating. Getting lost in real life is exasperating. I rarely get lost, but I do miss my turn on the freeway once in a while. Especially when we are traveling in another state. You never know which side the off ramp is going to be... that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:40 AM

19,504 posts, read 9,530,130 times
I never get lost - people always tell me where to go

Seriously though, GPS in cars in quite helpful (although NOT perfect).
Roads are constantly changing and if the GPS is not updated on a regular basis, it's easy to find that you're soon lost. We've got one of those cars that when we bought it, the GPS was already outdated but we didn't know that right away. Then when we were trying to get it updated, found out that we would need another
package for it and it would cost about $200.00. Ugh.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:48 AM
bjh

60,071 posts, read 30,375,811 times
Or having someone tell you: Get lost!

Old 08-08-2012, 06:00 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,277,858 times
I just call it wandering around........I'm not lost until I can't backtrack.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:14 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,152,049 times
I've gotten lost many times (pre GPS days), but I never worried unless I wound up in a bad area. I always told my mom (who fears getting lost) that you're not gonna fall off the face of the earth.

I always know that if I can find a highway I can get home. Lucky for me, my aunt and my dad took me so many places involving highways when I was growing up, that I have no fear of them.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:34 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,815 times
My husband tells me "You get lost going to the mailbox". It's true. I don't know what I did before GPS. I have a horrible sense of direction, and I have to take a route many times before I commit it to memory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics