Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 08:15 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,800,419 times

Advertisements

Had some lulus last night, maybe because I watched an episode of Grimm.

I remember a luxurious house, on a rise next to a lake. Upon going into the lower level, I saw that their living room was a cave, which opened onto the lake. The room had a private beach, with sand extending into the living room, so it had a sandy floor. It was gorgeous.
The next thing I knew, a shimmering monster appeared out of nowhere. It was in colors of blues, including turquoise, and gold and silver. As it ascended the stairs to the upper floor, I could mostly just see the gold and silver of its body shimmering as it moved.
I skedaddled out of the house.
Later in the dream there was more danger, an impending attack of some sort. I recall myself and one or two other people boarding up the windows of a small house, when suddenly something grabbed us backwards swiftly, and we rose up several feet. It was as if we were rag dolls and something had just swept us up. I started to scream, but woke up just as the scream was forming.

I had at least one more bad dream, but this one is the one that stayed stuck in my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 12:19 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I haven't saw a recent thread about dreams that you've had, so I thought to start one.

1: What was your weirdest dream? About 25 years ago, I dreamed that I was shopping in Marshall Fields on State Street in downtown Chicago. Near closing time, I went into the bathroom. While I was in there, they closed up the store, turned off all the lights and locked all the doors. I was stuck in Fields for the night! I thought it was way cool, and I found a flashlight somewhere and started exploring. [In real life, Fields is a huge, upscale department store covering an entire city block, 7 stories tall, I believe. It has since been bought out by Macy's. ] Anyhoo, back to the dream. I came across the huge toy department and was having a field day playing with giant stuffed animals and toy trains and trucks and dolls. Suddenly, I heard a sound and look up to see the senior partner from the law firm I worked at, also playing with the toys. I called out to him, "Bill! What the heck are you doing here in the middle of the night?" He said he was in the john when the store closed and was just killing time till it opened again in the morning. We spent the rest of the night playing like two little kids with all those cool toys!

2: What was your recent dream? I dreamed that my sister and I were shopping. Nothing special about the dream, except that I was with my sis, whom I love to pieces.

3: What do you WANT to dream about? I'd like to dream about being on a vacation in a beautiful location with forests and mountains and rivers and lakes.

4: Did you ever have a reoccurring dream? When I was a little kid, I had the same dream a few times. I was held captive by pirates on a ship. I don't remember many details, but do remember that I had the dream about three times. It scared the heck out of me!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:08 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,847,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
I was held captive
I get held captive by a witch and you get held captive by a pirate.. I smell a conspiracy!

Old 08-15-2012, 05:50 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,800,419 times
I wonder if dreams of captivity or the need to escape are common for children.
I remember a recurring dream in which I was running through the dark stone corridors of a castle. There were torches here and there along the walls. The evil castle guards were chasing me, and I'd keep stopping every time I came to a big wooden door, to bolt it against them, but they kept breaking through. Eventually I'd hit an area where the floor seemed to melt, and it became hard to run, but I always woke up before they caught me.
I recall my eldest son telling me wild dreams about being a hunter, and then savage men chasing him through the forest, and and that he was wearing a fringed leather shirt. He was 4 or 5 when he commonly got that dream.
My daughter at that age had dreams about being chased by monstrous Muppets.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:43 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
I keep dreaming details about my best friend's life- finances, career, family... and we have not been that close lately- all I can say is it is totally weird.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:00 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,310,466 times
Default Dreams.....

I have a recurring dream that began when I was 4 years old. King Kong was the terrifying star of it all. I still have this dream from time to time, but not as often as I used to.
He was coming down our street and I could hear him stomping on houses. I stood on the headboard of my bed to look out the window over our back yard and I saw him looking back at me. (we had a 2 story house and my room was upstairs) I begged him to not stomp on our house, and he snorted mist on the window. I was screaming for my parents and family, trying to warn them that he was out there, but no one would listen to me.
I always wake up screaming. The dream is like it is set in stone. It never changes. And I am always 4 years old.

I have strange dreams often, but nothing especially scarey.
One that sticks out: I was horseback riding at a friends farm. It was just me and Buck the horse. A beautiful fall afternoon, crisp spice scented air, birds swooping through the trees... just beautiful. Buck suddenly stops and refuses to take another step. I urged him to move, but still no go. I look around to see if something is amiss, but all seems well. So I'm scratching his neck, and making a bit of small talk, and he turned his head, looking at me and said, "It's YOUR turn! I'm tired."
That was it. No big deal. No clue about why I had the dream either. But it has stuck with me for several years. I think about it from time to time, and wonder what that was all about.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:49 AM

24,482 posts, read 26,021,800 times
As I have said before in previous threads about this topic my recurring dream is about a jealous husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics