Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:16 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,847,059 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you lived in a ‘share’ situation with someone who wasn’t a ‘significant other’ or a relative? How did (or does) it work out?

Shortly after I moved here I moved into a house shared by 3 other guys. I left within a month, they were loud and ate my food. I moved out of there to another roommate situation with a boyfriend/girlfriend and I had my own room with a bathroom. The situation quickly deteriorated as one of them refused to work so that didn't go over well with me and I was paying well over my "fair share" of rent. I stayed there a few months but then I got so sick of it that I found the place where I live now - packed up my van that day and just left. I absolutely love living on my own. I've learned that I just cannot live with roommates, but a significant other whom I care for is a far different story since I would actually care about them. Living on my own also helped strengthen my sobriety and learn to just enjoy life and meet people.

Extra Credit Question:

Flossie the Furnishing Fairy wifll deliver a houseful of furniture to your place. What style would you prefer?
Sleek and modern

Colonial style - I love the old look.

Bonus Question:

Do you still own any of the books you had in your childhood? When was the last time you read one of them, and what is its title?

Goose Bumps! I read one a few years ago, it was actually really good.

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had a Creamsicle?

Probably when I worked my job in Wisconsin, when a really hot day hit my supervisor would bring in Popsicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 06:31 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you lived in a ‘share’ situation with someone who wasn’t a ‘significant other’ or a relative? How did (or does) it work out? I am too much of a private person to share apartments, but in the past I have been very lucky in having good relationships with my roommates.
In college I even shared a large house with 6 other college students during the summer. We were right across the street from the college football field.
Great party house. Thankfully, it was only 3 months.

Extra Credit Question:

Flossie the Furnishing Fairy will deliver a houseful of furniture to your place. What style would you prefer?
Sleek and modern
Antique
Colonial style
Georgian style
Victorian style
Art Deco
An eclectic mix of styles
Other: Garage sale mix with big fat couch that can be slept on comfortably.
Bonus Question:

Do you still own any of the books you had in your childhood? When was the last time you read one of them, and what is its title? Geez. May be some at my parent's home, but no, not for years.

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had a Creamsicle? Can't remember. Is that like a fudgesicle?

Today Is:

National Navajo Code Talkers Day There were other tribes who were code talkers too.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:45 PM

21,552 posts, read 8,733,710 times

When was the last time you lived in a ‘share’ situation with someone who wasn’t a ‘significant other’ or a relative? How did (or does) it work out?
Right after I left my first husband, I moved back into my old apartment with my former roommate. It was uncomfortable for me because I had become used to being the mistress of my own domain, and it was hard to go back to sharing someone else's space. I only stayed a few months and then rented an apartment of my own.

Extra Credit Question:

Flossie the Furnishing Fairy will deliver a houseful of furniture to your place. What style would you prefer?
Sleek and modern because I live in a small house. Simple, uncluttered designs make it look more spacious.

Bonus Question:

Do you still own any of the books you had in your childhood? When was the last time you read one of them, and what is its title?
Yes, a little white leatherette-bound Holy Bible I won in Sunday school for reciting the first 10 chapters of the Old Testament by heart. I also have A Child's Garden of Verses. It's not the same one that my grandmother gave me, but it's a replacement that I found in a used book store. I haven't read either in a while.

Just for Fun:

Many moons ago, I really don't remember. They're good, though!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:19 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,423,051 times
Haven't been on these forums for a few years and I thought "where is that question of the day thing?" Now I've found it.

"Share situation": that's been a long, long time! I only had two -- one right out of college and the other a few years later. I'm not going to give the exact years -- that will tell my age!

Oh, I want Flossy to come visit me with a van load of antique, traditional and colonial furniture. She can throw in a few primitives and Shaker pieces while she's at it!

Yes, I have childhood books but I haven't read any of them in ages. Heidi is the first one that comes to mind. My grandmother gave it to me. (I still have school papers from grade school also!).

Old 08-14-2012, 08:01 PM

438 posts, read 660,928 times
Today’s Question:

Once for about 3 months. It was temporary. YEAH~

Extra Credit Question:

Sleek and modern
Antique
Colonial style
Georgian style
Victorian style
Art Deco
Other:

Bonus Question:

No

Just for Fun:

30 years at least.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:39 AM

27,354 posts, read 27,407,146 times
For me, antique is great!
I love creamsicles, its probably been a month.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:01 AM

19,538 posts, read 9,552,731 times
Today’s Question:

Several (more than 20) years ago. Military. It was ok for that time.

Extra Credit Question:

Sleek and modern - some modern, I guess. Depends on the piece of furniture.
Antique
Colonial style
Georgian style
Victorian style
Art Deco

Other:
Federal,

Bonus Question:

Doubt it.

Just for Fun:

Eons ago. Closest I get to that is drinking a Stewart's Creamsicle

Old 08-17-2012, 12:10 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,489,562 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you lived in a ‘share’ situation with someone who wasn’t a ‘significant other’ or a relative? How did (or does) it work out? I never have. I learned from others mistakes and never had a roomate.

Extra Credit Question:

Sleek and modern This one
Antique
Colonial style
Georgian style
Victorian style
Art Deco
Other:

Bonus Question:

Do you still own any of the books you had in your childhood? When was the last time you read one of them, and what is its title? We only had one children's book in the house when I was a child and it was a children's bible. I loved looking at the pictures in it. I don't have it anymore.

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had a Creamsicle? Many years, but I do love them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics