Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 10:51 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,053,744 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you lived in a ‘share’ situation with someone who wasn’t a ‘significant other’ or a relative? How did (or does) it work out? I've had a friend sleep over twice because she drove a distance to visit me (the most recent was back in June). Another friend stayed over a few nights a few years ago due to going through a season of homelessness. I'm SO grateful that she's gotten back on her feet and she isn't reliant upon others. I actually enjoyed the company and would not mind a roommate .... Unfortunately, my apartment is too small to share with anyone but wish I was in a larger place with a roommate as living solo isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Extra Credit Question:

Flossie the Furnishing Fairy will deliver a houseful of furniture to your place. What style would you prefer?
Sleek and modern
Antique
Colonial style
Georgian style
Victorian style
Art Deco
An eclectic mix of styles
Other:

Bonus Question:

Do you still own any of the books you had in your childhood? When was the last time you read one of them, and what is its title? I did not read much when I was a child so I don't recall any books that I had as a child. A lot of my books got left or loss during several relocations in the late 1990's ...

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had a Creamsicle? It's been awhile as I don't like them ... I just had a Popsicle last night while I was over a friend's home .... That was refreshing after a hot day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 11:03 AM

44,676 posts, read 61,781,466 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you lived in a ‘share’ situation with someone who wasn’t a ‘significant other’ or a relative? How did (or does) it work out? Last time was when I was in the military, many many moons ago.

Extra Credit Question:

Flossie the Furnishing Fairy will deliver a houseful of furniture to your place. What style would you prefer?
Sleek and modern
Antique
Colonial style
Georgian style
Victorian style
Art Deco
Other: Appealing style.

Bonus Question:

Do you still own any of the books you had in your childhood? When was the last time you read one of them, and what is its title? No childhood books here.

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had a Creamsicle? Probably 25+ years ago, I believe they're called popsicles here.

Happy Tuesday, enjoy...

Old 08-14-2012, 11:36 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,047,582 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you lived in a ‘share’ situation with someone who wasn’t a ‘significant other’ or a relative? How did (or does) it work out?

When I was in college (college dorm). I hated it, my roommate was a nice guy but he was a slob...lol. Thankfully, I was only in that particular dorm for a short time.

Extra Credit Question:

Sleek and modern
Antique
Colonial style
Georgian style
Victorian style
Art Deco
Other: Country, with plenty of natural wood pieces, leather chairs and a leather sofa.

Bonus Question:

Do you still own any of the books you had in your childhood? When was the last time you read one of them, and what is its title? No.

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had a Creamsicle? It's been a long time.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:38 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,964,304 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you lived in a ‘share’ situation with someone who wasn’t a ‘significant other’ or a relative? How did (or does) it work out?
Never here.

Extra Credit Question:

Sleek and modern
Antique
Colonial style
Georgian style
Victorian style
Art Deco
Other:

Bonus Question:

Do you still own any of the books you had in your childhood? When was the last time you read one of them, and what is its title?

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had a Creamsicle?
Many many years!

Today in History:

1248 Construction of Cologne Cathedral (Germany) begun
1457 Oldest known exactly dated printed book (c 3 years after Gutenberg)
1820 First U.S. eye hospital, the New York Eye Infirmary, opens in New York City
1880 Construction of Cologne Cathedral completed (exactly 632 years after construction started!)
1893 France issues first driving licenses, included required test
1925 Mount Rushmore first proposed
1965 Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe" hits #1
2010 A study suggests the 2010 Haiti Earthquake was caused by a newly discovered fault line

Today’s Word:

Aseptic \ uh-SEP-tik \ , adjective;
1. Free from the living germs of disease, fermentation, or putrefaction.
noun:
1. A product, as milk or fruit juice, that is marketed in an aseptic package or container.
2. Aseptics, (used with a singular verb) a system of packaging sterilized products in airtight containers so that freshness is preserved for several months.

Today Is:

National Navajo Code Talkers Day
V-J Day
National Creamsicle Day
National Financial Awareness Day
Thanks Kobber!

Old 08-14-2012, 12:42 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,671,408 times
[quote=Kobber;25626797]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, August 14th. I finally have a fully furnished and decorated computer/living room in my converted garage! My friend has moved in and now her furniture sits in my old living room and we’ve been busily unpacking her things and rearranging the other rooms in the house to suit both of us! It’s nice to have company but at the same time to have our own space.

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you lived in a ‘share’ situation with someone who wasn’t a ‘significant other’ or a relative? How did (or does) it work out? When I moved to Sedona in 1996, I had a roommate for two months.

Extra Credit Question:

Sleek and modern
Antique
Colonial style
Georgian style
Victorian style
Art Deco
Other:

Bonus Question:

Do you still own any of the books you had in your childhood? When was the last time you read one of them, and what is its title? No.

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had a Creamsicle?Last year.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:11 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,117,282 times
Today’s Question:

During the youthful 20's we had fun , that's all I am going to say.
No complaints and no enemies were made....fun fun fun......
That has been a long time ago.

Extra Credit Question:

Sleek and modern
Antique
Colonial style
Georgian style
Victorian style
Art Deco
Other:
Love the Art Deco look....:cool:

Bonus Question:

Do you still own any of the books you had in your childhood? When was the last time you read one of them, and what is its title?

Sure do.... millions of cats

Just for Fun:

Not sure if it counts but i had something orange from DQ... about a month ago...
close enough???????

Today in History:

1248 Construction of Cologne Cathedral (Germany) begun
1457 Oldest known exactly dated printed book (c 3 years after Gutenberg)
1820 First U.S. eye hospital, the New York Eye Infirmary, opens in New York City
1880 Construction of Cologne Cathedral completed (exactly 632 years after construction started!)
1893 France issues first driving licenses, included required test
1925 Mount Rushmore first proposed
1965 Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe" hits #1
2010 A study suggests the 2010 Haiti Earthquake was caused by a newly discovered fault line

Today’s Word:

Old 08-14-2012, 01:13 PM

14,108 posts, read 2,780,009 times
Todays Question:

When was the last time you lived in a ‘share situation with someone who wasnt a significant other or a relative? How did (or does) it work out?
It worked out good, I lived with my ex in laws for about 6 months and we got along wonderful.

Extra Credit Question:

Sleek and modern
Antique
Colonial style
Georgian style
Victorian style
Art Deco
Other:

Bonus Question:

No, I have the books from when my girls were little though. The bokk is entitled "Finding Demetri"

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had a Creamsicle? A few weeks ago DH had one and I took a bite.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:17 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,134,466 times
Today’s Question:

In my 20s I lived in a variety of houses with roommate. For the most part it worked out really well. Some became good friends, others I never contacted again after I moved out. One was a real loser--oh well, can't win 'em all.

Extra Credit Question:

If it's comfy, I'm happy.

Bonus Question:

Just read Rabbit Hill and Half Magic again. I really wish someone would make them into movies.

Just for Fun:

Old 08-14-2012, 01:56 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,550,062 times
Good afternoon CD friends...good to be back here!

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you lived in a ‘share’ situation with someone who wasn’t a ‘significant other’ or a relative? How did (or does) it work out? I've never been a 'share' situation...I went right from living with my parents & 6 siblings, to marriage...and that's worked out quite well!

Extra Credit Question:

Sleek and modern
Antique
Colonial style
Georgian style
Victorian style
Art Deco
Other: I like things simple and uncluttered...
Bonus Question:

Do you still own any of the books you had in your childhood? When was the last time you read one of them, and what is its title? No, but I have a few dolls!

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you had a Creamsicle? Can't remember! It's been awhile...

Old 08-14-2012, 04:14 PM
bjh

60,172 posts, read 30,479,337 times
Today’s Question:
Never have. Always lived alone or with family.

Extra Credit Question:
An eclectic mix of styles - comfortable and functional. Doesn't have to look any particular way.

Bonus Question:
Do you still own any of the books you had in your childhood?
Sure.
When was the last time you read one of them, and what is its title?
I re-read a bunch of them one summer about ten years ago.
This spring I re-read a couple of James Herriot's books. I had read my mom's copies of them as a teenager. I have to say, the man was a great story teller.

Just for Fun:
I avoid ice cream due to an allergy. Last time I had sorbet, though? Too long. Okay, about a week and a half ago. Still too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics