Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 09:38 AM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
That reminds me to keep the camera on the laptop covered.
Yeah, if you ever saw me naked you'd go blind....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 09:41 AM

10,181 posts, read 11,169,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post

Old 08-20-2012, 04:59 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,894,490 times
Talking Here's the answer! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
That reminds me to keep the camera on the laptop covered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Nitram,,,, You need to do like I did and get a paper bag with a couple of holes cut out of it. Here I'm in the kitchen with my morning coffee, now I just have to remember the bag when I'm at the laptop.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:40 PM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
LOL Thanks for the tip, I'm stocking up on bags as of today. Now when people see us they'll think we're brothers.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:02 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
Over a million registered users and tons of great forums that spark every interest imaginable. I've never been on a forum where I could post off-topic and post about where I live (specifically) all in one location and it's just so nice to have that.
Because of what you said right there. There's an interest for all kinds of things and they continue to add new ones all the time...which I didn't know I had an interest in before...until they became available.

Plus, I have met some hilarious!!!!!! people on this forum.

*I like to go to P&OC when I'm bored...seriously.

*I like to go to Gardening to get tips since I don't really know what I'm doing.

*I like to go to the photography one to look at amazing photos...cause I love photography.

*I love going to the Pets forum...because I love animals and it's nice to meet like minded people.

*I like going to the non romantic relationship forum because I think we can all share and give advice there, based on experience.

*I like going to the Work and Employment forum because when I didn't have a "real" job, (only several part time), for so long, it felt good to talk to others who understood.

*I like going to the Automotive forum every so often to pick up tips so I don't get ripped off.

*I like going to the True Crime forum because I'm an ID channel addict.

*I like going to the Unexplained Mystery and Paranormal forum because...well, I don't believe everything but ya know, sometimes weird stuff happens and it's interesting to hear others experiences...and ponder in the day time, freak myself out at night time.

*I like going to Self Sufficiency and Preparedness because, really, we could all learn something there...even if there is never a "shtf" moment.

*I like going to the Entertainment and Arts/Music forum because I have picked up a LOT of good new music, (to me), from that forum.

*I like going to the Nature forum because...frankly, Nature rocks.

All others I like to visit every so often because one can find some interesting conversations there. Sometimes I just lurk and read all the drama...some of it is better than any book I can find to read. And..well, sometimes it makes me feel a whole lot better about where I am in life.

Really, CD is entertainment. One stop shopping entertainment.

Edit: Oh and I found it totally by accident when I was looking up information to move to my new state a couple of years back. Didn't do much talking for months. I found Lisa Young's thread about her house build up in TN...was HOOKED to that thing. Took me forever to get through but I loved every moment of it. And because of that, I became hooked to CD.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 08-20-2012 at 06:12 PM..

Old 08-21-2012, 11:17 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,612,567 times
Because if it wasn't for City Data, I would have never met my wonderful, amazing BF.

But it has a wealth of information across a multitude of topics and places. It's pretty much a one stop shop of information and chat.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:16 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,719,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I'm still new, but I've been around and posting on forums for about 10 years or so and CD forums are just amazing. Over a million registered users and tons of great forums that spark every interest imaginable. I've never been on a forum where I could post off-topic and post about where I live (specifically) all in one location and it's just so nice to have that.

The posters on this forum are great and very friendly. I've felt welcomed since day one and I'm always interested in seeing what people have to say and what they post. It's amazing to see how so many minds can come together in one place and have such amazing discussions and threads. I'm one of those folks who loves off-topic discussions and I've always been that way, keeping me on one subject is nearly impossible to do!

I've found a few threads that I'm really attached to and it's nearly impossible for me not to look at them for one day. The question / peeve / fact of the day are usually the first thing I read when I log on in the morning . The thread activity is unreal compared to the forums I've been on, so many people posting in one thread is something I really haven't ever seen so I'm training myself to keep up with posts and getting to know the outstanding folks of the CD forum .

Enough typing from me now and let's move the subject to YOU!

What is it that brings you to the City-Data forums every day and what do you love about this forum?
People like you.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:21 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times
I wouldn't say I love City Data per se, but I love the people... allyall

Old 08-22-2012, 06:49 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,544,451 times
It's adicting, it's educational, you meet wonderful people and you are exposed to so many different walks of life.

I tried to stop a couple months ago but kept being drawn back. It's been my therapy.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:13 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
Those times, when I think my life has become horrific, all I have to do is go to the Parenting forum and read posts about parents trying to raise kids today. And if that doesn't do it, I go to the Mental Health forum, where I realize I'm not the only having mental problems!

And when the temptation appears to emerge myself into a relationship, reading some of the posts on the Relationship forum, that temptation disappears pretty fast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics