Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 06:55 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,847,059 times

Advertisements

I'm still new, but I've been around and posting on forums for about 10 years or so and CD forums are just amazing. Over a million registered users and tons of great forums that spark every interest imaginable. I've never been on a forum where I could post off-topic and post about where I live (specifically) all in one location and it's just so nice to have that.

The posters on this forum are great and very friendly. I've felt welcomed since day one and I'm always interested in seeing what people have to say and what they post. It's amazing to see how so many minds can come together in one place and have such amazing discussions and threads. I'm one of those folks who loves off-topic discussions and I've always been that way, keeping me on one subject is nearly impossible to do!

I've found a few threads that I'm really attached to and it's nearly impossible for me not to look at them for one day. The question / peeve / fact of the day are usually the first thing I read when I log on in the morning . The thread activity is unreal compared to the forums I've been on, so many people posting in one thread is something I really haven't ever seen so I'm training myself to keep up with posts and getting to know the outstanding folks of the CD forum .

Enough typing from me now and let's move the subject to YOU!

What is it that brings you to the City-Data forums every day and what do you love about this forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 06:59 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,153,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I'm still new, but I've been around and posting on forums for about 10 years or so and CD forums are just amazing. Over a million registered users and tons of great forums that spark every interest imaginable. I've never been on a forum where I could post off-topic and post about where I live (specifically) all in one location and it's just so nice to have that.

The posters on this forum are great and very friendly. I've felt welcomed since day one and I'm always interested in seeing what people have to say and what they post. It's amazing to see how so many minds can come together in one place and have such amazing discussions and threads. I'm one of those folks who loves off-topic discussions and I've always been that way, keeping me on one subject is nearly impossible to do!

I've found a few threads that I'm really attached to and it's nearly impossible for me not to look at them for one day. The question / peeve / fact of the day are usually the first thing I read when I log on in the morning . The thread activity is unreal compared to the forums I've been on, so many people posting in one thread is something I really haven't ever seen so I'm training myself to keep up with posts and getting to know the outstanding folks of the CD forum .

What is it that brings you to the City-Data forums every day and what do you love about this forum?
The CD forums offer a huge diversity of topics. Something for everybody.

On top of that, CD has many knowledgeable people. I was surprised to see so many informative posts when I first found this forum through Google.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:16 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
I like the Relationships forum because it gives me a disgustingly smug sense of satisfaction that I am not that dumb when it comes to dating.*

I like all the other ones I participate in because they're fun and the people are interesting.

*Okay, not really. Usually. But sometimes it does. Heh!

Old 08-19-2012, 09:24 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
I have a 500 pound ego that needs constant stroking, and even though there are times someone pokes it with a sharp knife or riddles it with bullets, I will always love City-Data!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:55 PM

11,375 posts, read 9,291,726 times
I've been posting on message boards for over 12 years. I'm pretty much a loner (but I don't want to be) and posting helps.

This place is the best on the Net and I found it by accident.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:05 AM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Quote: What is it that brings you to the City-Data forums every day and what do you love about this forum? Quote...

Ans: Nice folks like you Quert...

Old 08-20-2012, 03:37 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,106,883 times
One thing I like about CD is its a social network without all the flash and grab of Facebook.
(which is fine for some people as it is a wonderful experience for them)
To me my liking is CD, MY wife she loves facebook.
I have seriously met some really nice folks on these threads and honestly consider them friends of mine.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:54 AM

36,428 posts, read 16,038,061 times
Hey Quert, it's an amazing forum with lots of great people, that is what keeps me coming back for mmmmooorrrreeeee!!!!

Old 08-20-2012, 05:56 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,310,466 times
Default CD is a world of neighbors. I love that!

I have been in many groups, and quit many groups for all kinds of reasons, but here it really is different. I never get bored with the same ol', same ol'. Each day brings something new. I've made friends here that I feel like I've known forever. I love learning something new, and getting a chance to see someone else's point of view.
I too like the "Other Topics" a great deal... so much to choose from ! It's just FUN!
The folks I've met here are awesome, and I feel I am getting to know them. There are even some that when I read what they have to say, I know who they are just from the way they "talk". I love that too.
And I guess I like it here so much because even though I am new here too, there is a sense of "Home", family, and old friends. CD is a very special place and I am glad to be a part of it.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:19 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,554,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post

Ditto, Quert. I believe you've hit on all my points. I love the diversity of views all collected in one place. We don't have to agree to keep coming back and sharing -- very much like a very large extended family.

Welcome to the family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics