Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:05 AM

44,371 posts, read 20,076,303 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

(Thanks to Larksong and Animalcrazy).
What is your favourite escape from life’s everyday stresses? A walk in the woods; taking nature photographs.

Extra Credit Question:
(Thanks to rxgrrl)
Describe your perfect meal. Lobster, prime rib medium-rare with a little horseradish on the side, twice-baked potato with sour cream, a big pile of broccoli lightly sauteed in olive oil with a touch of butter, creme brulee for dessert.

Bonus Question:
(Thanks to LauraC)
Which is your favourite month of the year and why is it your favourite? Two favorites: June, because my flower garden is at its blooming peak then; January, because I love cold, snowy weather.

Just for Fun:
(One of my own!)
What is the colour scheme in your kitchen? I don't have one. My kitchen is ugly and boring. Do you like it? I hate it, but at least I have a stove, fridge and microwave that work!

Today’s Word:
Velleity \ vuh-LEE-i-tee \ , noun;
1. Volition in its weakest form.
2. A mere wish, unaccompanied by an effort to obtain it.
It seems a lot of young folks are filled with velleity these days. They want everything, and they want it now, handed to them on a silver platter, with little or no effort on their parts.

Today Is:
Ecological Debt Day Take care of the planet!
Poet’s Day There once was a man from Nantucket . . .
Senior Citizens Day I'm over 55, so I guess that makes me one. I'm still a kid at heart, though!
Sit Back and Relax Day Somebody let me know what this is like. I'm curious.

Have a happy, happy Tuesday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:51 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
[quote=Kobber;25733117]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, 21st August. Special thanks to MidwesternBookWorm for her genius idea to have Quintessa the QOTD Fairy ask for question ideas yesterday! I’m so tired after a whole day of balancing precariously on cabinets, counter tops and the step ladder to paint the ceiling, walls and trim of my kitchen that the Kobber Brain is almost entirely dead. Such great responses, so there are plenty of suggestions still available to other QOTD hosts!

Today’s Question:

What is your favourite escape from life’s everyday stresses? Swimming in the pool.

Extra Credit Question:

(Thanks to rxgrrl)
Describe your perfect meal. For the perfect meal is anything Italian.

Bonus Question:

(Thanks to LauraC)
Which is your favourite month of the year and why is it your favourite? I like May when the wild flowers are blooming.

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
What is the colour scheme in your kitchen? Do you like it? I have so many windows there is no color scheme.

Make today a great one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 08:54 AM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Today’s Question:

What is your favourite escape from life’s everyday stresses? A beer and a nap and then another beer and popcorn.

Extra Credit Question:

(Thanks to rxgrrl)
Describe your perfect meal. One that someone else pays for. Then again it might be a t-bone steak, baked potatoe, sweet corn on cob, green salad and a drink.

Bonus Question:

(Thanks to LauraC)
Which is your favourite month of the year and why is it your favourite? None particularly. November is nice because of the weather and the holidday spirits that are arising. January is great for football.

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
What is the colour scheme in your kitchen? Pale yellow/white. Do you like it? Yes, it was recently done and wife love's it, that's all that counts.

Tuesday, genealogy day for us, relatives getting together to discuss some past history, enjoy....

Old 08-21-2012, 09:53 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,910,036 times
Sunny, 100 and a chance of rain in the NV desert today.

Today’s Questions:

What is your favourite escape from life’s everyday stresses? Reading a good book.

Describe your perfect meal. Anything someone else prepares.

Which is your favourite month of the year and why is it your favourite? Here in the desert, I like September. The weather is getting cooler after two hot months, and I can start golfing at a reasonable time of the day.

What is the colour scheme in your kitchen? Do you like it? I have tan walls throughout my house with accents of different colors in each room. In the kitchen, the accents are green.

Thanks for the questions Kobber and others. Happy day.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,864,882 times
Today’s Question:

What is your favourite escape from life’s everyday stresses?
Sleep!

Extra Credit Question:

(Thanks to rxgrrl)
Describe your perfect meal.
Beef stew or a pot roast in the winter. BLT's, Reuben's ...Rib-eye/T-bone baked/mashed potatoes and asparagus/spinach.

Bonus Question:

(Thanks to LauraC)
Which is your favourite month of the year and why is it your favourite?
December I suppose ...the atmosphere the true meaning etc.

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
What is the colour scheme in your kitchen? Do you like it?
No scheme in our home...

Today in History:

1897 Oldsmobile begins operation as a General Motors Corp division Idiots at GM should have dropped Pontiac instead of Oldsmobile!
1959 Hawaii becomes 50th U.S. state
1972 First hot air balloon flight over Alps
1976 Mary Langdon becomes first British firewoman (in Battle, East Sussex)
1986 Volcanic eruption in Cameroon releases poison gas, killing 2,000
1989 Voyager 2 begins a flyby of planet Neptune
2010 The U.S. experiences a salmonella scare, with hundreds of people ill from bad eggs; eggs are recalled from stores throughout the nation
2011 The world's potentially oldest fossils, thought to be 3.4 billion years old, are found in the Strelley Pool rock formation in Western Australia's outback

Today’s Word:

Today Is:

Ecological Debt Day
Poet’s Day
Senior Citizens Day
Sit Back and Relax Day
Thanks Kobber!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:42 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
[quote=Kobber;25733117]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, 21st August. Special thanks to MidwesternBookWorm for her genius idea to have Quintessa the QOTD Fairy ask for question ideas yesterday! I’m so tired after a whole day of balancing precariously on cabinets, counter tops and the step ladder to paint the ceiling, walls and trim of my kitchen that the Kobber Brain is almost entirely dead. Such great responses, so there are plenty of suggestions still available to other QOTD hosts!........Be careful!!!!!

Today’s Question:

What is your favourite escape from life’s everyday stresses?....Eating chocolate at the movies. Some wine. Having the shorties around. Walking my dog after work. Having a good laugh. Working on the house. It used to be riding my bike. Sex

Extra Credit Question:

(Thanks to rxgrrl)
Describe your perfect meal.....A big juicy lobster in Maine by the ocean.

Bonus Question:

(Thanks to LauraC)
Which is your favourite month of the year and why is it your favourite?....October. Halloween. The thread is coming soon. Curmudgeons beware.

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
What is the colour scheme in your kitchen? Do you like it? ... Black granite counter tops with Amish made oak cabinets. There's a white tin ceiling with a hand made grape stencil below the tin cornice. There's an oak picture rail and some oak wainscot. In between that is wall paper with different produce from the four seasons. There is a stained glass light hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the room with fruit that matches the wall paper. All the original oak wood work is still there and the original maple floor has been restored. There are three doors. One leads to the back decks and has an oak French door and oak storm/screen door. (Princess Amber our cat is on the antique white iron table looking at the fish pond.) One leads to the basement and has an antique oak door with beveled glass and original hardware. I found a skeleton key that works in the lock. It also has an oak storm/screen door. The other door is original and leads to the dining room. It's a swinging door but doesn't work like it should. Yet another project. I love the kitchen but it's time for new appliances and wall paper.

Today in History:

1897 Oldsmobile begins operation as a General Motors Corp division
2010 The U.S. experiences a salmonella scare, with hundreds of people ill from bad eggs; eggs are recalled from stores throughout the nation
2011 The world's potentially oldest fossils, thought to be 3.4 billion years old, are found in the Strelley Pool rock formation in Western Australia's outback

Today’s Word:

Today Is:

Ecological Debt Day
Poet’s Day
Senior Citizens Day
Sit Back and Relax Day...Not a chance today. I worked until 3am and have 2 more days to work. My fish is ready to eat from the grill, and I want to paint a second coat on the closet before work today.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:01 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Today’s Question:
CD and one or two other light-hearted websites.
Non-internet escape would be reading.
I like photography, too, but haven't had the opportunity recently.

Extra Credit Question:
(Thanks to rxgrrl)
Anything that includes steak rates pretty high on my list.
How 'bout:
-shrimp cocktail
-green salad with vinaigrette and shredded cheese
-steak and fried shrimp

-steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and snow peas
-buttery rolls
-pecan pie, later, too full right away

Bonus Question:
(Thanks to LauraC)
November:
-it's definitely autumn
-leaves are changed
-weather is crisp and cool, but not bad
-Thanksgiving holiday on 3rd Thursday
-what more could you want?

Just for Fun:
(One of my own!)
White and yellow. It's okay by me.

Today Is:
Poet’s Day
Time to get rhyming:

Old 08-21-2012, 12:24 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,844 times
Today’s Question:

What is your favourite escape from life’s everyday stresses? Going to the farm...

Extra Credit Question:

(Thanks to rxgrrl)
Describe your perfect meal. Any meal with family!

Bonus Question:

(Thanks to LauraC)
Which is your favourite month of the year and why is it your favourite? May or September...both are usually the best weather, and the colors and smells of the outdoors are wonderful.

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
What is the colour scheme in your kitchen? Do you like it? Off white, browns and some rusts and golds. Yep.

Today in History:

1897 Oldsmobile begins operation as a General Motors Corp division

Today’s Word:

Today Is:

Ecological Debt Day
Poet’s Day
Senior Citizens Day
Sit Back and Relax Day

!!!!! !!!!!

Old 08-21-2012, 01:03 PM

3,244 posts, read 1,310,466 times
[
Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
What is the colour scheme in your kitchen? Do you like it? I have so many windows there is no color scheme.

Make today a great one. [/quote]

Well, I love your "window" scheme! Windows R good!

Old 08-21-2012, 01:12 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,007,300 times
Today’s Question:

I go to one of my happy places. Usually it is somewhere near an airport where I can watch planes take off and land.

Extra Credit Question:

(Thanks to rxgrrl)
3 pounds of Jumbo Alaskan King Crab and some melted butter to dip it in. Nuff said.

Bonus Question:

(Thanks to LauraC)
September. The weather is starting to cool down. The tourists have headed home.

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
To be honest with you, I have no idea and I am currently in lazy mode so there is no chance of me going upstairs to look.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics