Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 01:47 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,036,173 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

(Thanks to Larksong and Animalcrazy).
What is your favourite escape from life’s everyday stresses?

Talking to friends, spending time with friends. I also like listening to music, that's a nice escape.

Extra Credit Question:

(Thanks to rxgrrl)
Describe your perfect meal.

BBQ ribs, buttered corn on the cob, a loaded baked potato, hot fresh dinner rolls, and a hot fudge sundae for dessert.

Bonus Question:

(Thanks to LauraC)
Which is your favourite month of the year and why is it your favourite?

September, because college and regular season pro football starts!! (the NFL preseason games in August aren't that exciting...lol)

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
What is the colour scheme in your kitchen? Do you like it?

All white. I like it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 03:03 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,191,766 times
Today’s Question:

Curling up on the couch with a good book if the weathers crappy, or out digging in my gardens

Extra Credit Question:

(Thanks to rxgrrl)

Biscuits and gravy! The real stuff, none of that instant junk from a packet/can.

Bonus Question:

(Thanks to LauraC)
September- Shack season is starting up, it's always cool outside, and the smell in the air of falling leaves and woodstoves, awesome.

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
Green and white backsplash, light oak cupboards, black concrete countertops and this weird blue color on the walls. I'm not a fan, but it's low on the priority list to change.

Today in History:

1897 Oldsmobile begins operation as a General Motors Corp division
1959 Hawaii becomes 50th U.S. state
1972 First hot air balloon flight over Alps
1976 Mary Langdon becomes first British firewoman (in Battle, East Sussex)
1986 Volcanic eruption in Cameroon releases poison gas, killing 2,000
1989 Voyager 2 begins a flyby of planet Neptune
2010 The U.S. experiences a salmonella scare, with hundreds of people ill from bad eggs; eggs are recalled from stores throughout the nation
2011 The world's potentially oldest fossils, thought to be 3.4 billion years old, are found in the Strelley Pool rock formation in Western Australia's outback

Today’s Word:

Velleity \ vuh-LEE-i-tee \ , noun;
1. Volition in its weakest form.
2. A mere wish, unaccompanied by an effort to obtain it.

Today Is:

Ecological Debt Day
Poet’s Day
Senior Citizens Day
Sit Back and Relax Day

Old 08-21-2012, 03:51 PM

21,552 posts, read 8,733,710 times
A glass of wine and some good music.

Extra Credit Question:

Any meal that I don't have to cook! Seriously, though, my fantasy meal would be a fat, sugar and cholesterol-laden feast that I would never eat in real life: Southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans with bacon and homemade biscuits with butter and honey. Dessert would be devil's food cake with fudge frosting and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or maybe a homemade peach pie.

Bonus Question:

I love the month of October for its crisp weather, the beautiful fall foliage, and for Halloween. It's the one holiday where you can eat lots of goodies and and have fun, yet not have to buy gifts, send cards or feel obligated to spend time with relatives.

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
The tile and sink are butter yellow, and the floor is white tile with dark gray grout. I hate it!

Thanks, Kobber!

Old 08-21-2012, 04:26 PM

14,108 posts, read 2,775,765 times
Todays Question:

What is your favourite escape from life
s everyday stresses?
SLEEP!

Extra Credit Question:

(Thanks to rxgrrl)

One I don't have to cook!

Bonus Question:

(Thanks to LauraC)

September...the temperature is perfect and the beautiful fall leaves change color.

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
What is the colour scheme in your kitchen?

White with a light green above the cabinets.
Do you like it?

No, the white needs repainted something bad.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:01 PM

438 posts, read 660,928 times

a nice hike up the mountain

Extra Credit Question:

(Thanks to rxgrrl)

couple dozen steamed crabs and friends

Bonus Question:

(Thanks to LauraC)

Gee, I will have to think about this, never thought of having a favorite month.

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)

I don't have any colours in my kitchen. I am in the process of redoing my kitchen as we speak.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:51 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Today’s Question:

Watching a good movie while eating a nice home-cooked meal and enjoying a glass of wine.

Extra Credit Question:

(Thanks to rxgrrl)
Seafood paella, made in a beautiful kitchen with a bunch of friends, each one of us handling a task as we sip wine, and occasionally stopping to dance the bossa nova. Finish it with flan.

I actually did this one night. It's one of my cherished memories of some of my friends. I'd love to do it again.

Bonus Question:

(Thanks to LauraC)
May, because it's warm, but not muggy or buggy. Also October, because it's cool but not cold, the trees are in beautiful color, and people tend to give me presents.

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
White with medium wood. I like it.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:35 PM

591 posts, read 664,261 times
Good evening everyone. I got a late start today.

Today’s Question
:

I like going to the beach, and walking, and a picnic with hubby.

Extra Credit Question: Your perfect meal
MY PERFACT MEAL IS A QUIET MEAL AND MUSIC IN THE BACK GROUND, OF COURSE WITH CANDLES

Bonus Question:

Which is your favourite month of the year and why is it your favourite? THAT'S EASY DECEMBER.
GOD, LIGHTS, DECORATIONS, AND FAMILY.

Just for Fun:

(One of my own!)
What is the colour scheme in your kitchen? Do you like it? MAPLE CABINETS, STAINLESS APPL. ATTACHED IS A MORNING ROOM, I MADE INTO
A SITTING ROOM. IT OVERLOOKS THE FRONT OF OUR HOME, IN OUR SENIOR COMMUNITY. GRANITE LIKE TOPS, COLORS OF RUST AND GREEN. WE MOVED IN ONE YR AGO, AND I LOVE THE VIEW OF THE GOLF COURSE.

[+] Rate this post positively
[RIGHT] [/RIGHT]

Last edited by ladybee; 08-21-2012 at 07:56 PM..

Old 08-21-2012, 08:09 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,423,051 times
Hello all. Boo Baby Kitty has almost kept me from posting! She is so ill that I'm on the computer -- laid all over it and my notebook. Keep up that painting -- it will be worth it! Although I'm very girly and prissy I do love to paint and I'm very good. For the painting and yard work I'll get dirty!

On a day to day basis I like walking, gardening, playing with kitty, talking to friends and posting on City - Data! I also love to swim but I didn't get much in this summer. Boat riding is fun but I haven't done that in a while. Anything with water is relaxing to me. I've lived near or on a lot of lakes so I guess that's why. I love walking downtown and in the parks along the river in our city. Also, I always enjoy my volunteer experiences. I've met so many great people and have been so enriched over the years. Currently I volunteer at our beautiful aquarium and art museum.

All of my meals are perfect! (LOL) Seriously, this is almost impossible to narrow down. I love food and love to eat AND am pretty tiny! The following meals leave out tons of foods I like but are attempts.

Breakfast: a rich, special French toast with thick sliced bacon, fruit, orange juice, coffee and half and half eaten on a patio, deck or porch in good weather. (I actually have a lot of that every weekend. I like special, relaxed breakfasts on the weekend).
Lunch: my favorite lunches are very girly girl. Lunch out has usually been a "girl's meal out" for me. Chicken salad, frozen fruit salad, cheese straws and mini muffins with the special meringue swan dessert from the Swan Coach House in Atlanta Georgia. The crab cakes are a close second. Iced tea with lemon and coffee with dessert. Whatever the weekly special is with the specialty pot of tea and the dessert with meringue chips, whipped cream and fresh fruit (especially strawberries) at the English Rose Tea Room in Chattanooga TN. A close second is anything from the Chattanoga Choo Choo where the food is delicious and there's a pretty garden outside most of the year. Getting to catch up with friends is the "icing on the cake".

Dinner: ah ah ah I can't get it under three types of dinners. I just haven't met many foods that I don't like!
Special occasion or special dinner: ribeye or filet mingon, a shrimp dish, baked potato (baked in an oven -- not a microwave!), butter and sour cream, a fantastically fresh green salad with some freshly baked bread. Wine with the meal. Dessert is some type of citrus dish -- key lime pie comes to mind. Coffee with cream and cognac.

Homey type meal: baked chicken and dressing, stuffed celery, deviled eggs, a Jello salad, green bean or broccoli casserole and sweet iced tea. Coconut cake and coffee for dessert.

Meal with lots of people: I love these because my immediate family members are all deceased and the company means so much! At these meals I like the variety everyone brings -- people all have their special dishes. My family members may be gone but I have some of the best friends anyone could ask for. I am so blessed and I don't say that lightly.

I don't have a favorite month -- they all have their charm. I live in the southeastern United States and all four seasons are great to me -- I love the change.

This day's almost over so I'll wish everyone a great tomorrow!

My kitchen's color scheme: brown cabinets and eggshell paint. I have mostly blue accessories with a little green and red. Yes, I like it and I love my kitchen things! Many of them are my mother's and grandmother's. Posters who read the Food Forums have heard about my cast iron skillets, etc.

Today in history:

1987 -- have never had an Oldsmobile but like them! I almost bought one once and have rented them.
2010 -- certainly remember this. I eat and cook with a lot of eggs!

Ecological Debt Day -- As I mentioned previously, I am a horticulture volunteer at our city's aquarium. I've also just applied for a job there. Wish me luck!
Poet Day -- I majored in English but don't write poetry!
Sit Back and Relax Day -- will have to celebrate this weekend. Today was busy and so is the rest of the week!

Today is almost over so I'll wish everyone a great tomorrow.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:32 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Thanks kobber. What color did you paint your kitchen?

What is your favourite escape from life’s everyday stresses? What's that? I don't have stress. I try very hard to keep my life stress free For my down time....I like being outside, gardening, remodeling, and reading. Demo is great fun to unwind Doing all of the above with my hubby is best

Describe your perfect meal. Grilled filet mignon, baked potato and a caesar salad. Dessert would be cheesecake.

Which is your favourite month of the year and why is it your favourite? Coming up I love the fall so any month in early Fall. The colors are so beautiful and it is cooler I hate the summer and the heat

Brownish wood cabinets, a lighter countertop, and a neutral color on the walls. I am fine with it. My cabinets were in clearance and I bought a stock counter top. Not wasting money makes me very happy

Have a great day!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics