Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 05:57 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,007,300 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

What was the last "food craving" you had ?
Chocolate glazed donuts.

Did you resist or give in ?
I gave in. Yesterday I finished working a flight at 4am which also happens to be the time the donut shop opens.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ?
I do not recall. For the last several years I have used the people that get paid.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Do you have a Waffle maker in your home ?
I wish. Maybe I will go out and buy one

Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?
Still sitting on the shelf at the store.

Last time you used it ?
Hmmmmmm...Maybe I could mix up a little batter and bring it to the appliance store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 06:00 AM

10,181 posts, read 11,169,862 times
Today's Question(s):

Ketchup Sandwich

Resist

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ?

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Do you have a Waffle maker in your home ? No
Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ? N/A

Old 08-24-2012, 06:01 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,280,332 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last "food craving" you had ? CHOCOLATE

Did you resist or give in ? Give in of course.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ? I know hubs and I have said this more than once but I don't know what repair we were working on.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ?

Today in History:
0079 - The volcano, Mt. Vesuvius, erupted for the first time. Vesuvius exploded without warning at about noon, covering Pompeii in a layer of ash nearly 13 feet deep. The two other cities were buried under mud and volcanic debris. Archaeologists have determined what life was like in Roman times from the volcanic-ash-preserved remains of the cities. Vesuvius is still active.
1869 - Cornelius Swarthout patents waffle iron
1853 - 1st potato chips prepared by Chef George Crum (Saratoga Springs New York)
1891 - Thomas Edison patents motion picture camera. By the Way the film wasn't patented until six years later.
1932 - 1st transcontinental non-stop flight by a woman, Amelia Earhart
2006 - Pluto is demoted to a 'dwarf planet'

Word of the Day:
collogue \kuh-LOHG\ , verb;
1. To confer secretly.

Today is:
National Peach Pie Day My favorite fruit pie.
National Waffle Day
Potato Chip Day
Single Parent Family Day
Strange Music Day That would be country music for me.
Shooting Star Day

Old 08-24-2012, 06:08 AM

19,538 posts, read 9,552,731 times
YEAH, IT'S F R I D A Y

Today's Question(s):

What was the last "food craving" you had? Hmm,... probably revolving around chocolate

Did you resist or give in ? Wasn't easy. I resisted. Everytime I go to catch the train at Union Station, there's all kinds of food places. Cupcakes, Auntie Anne's pretzels, Ice cream, Starbuck's, and further down, McDonald's. The prices are what keeps me from going on any kind of regular basis. I sometimes save my package of carrots and peanut butter [from lunch] for the ride home and I've got my water. Every once in a while ... I claim to be a victim of those cravings.

Oh, last night almost stopped for a chocolate ice cream cone - but resisted that urge.

Temptations are everywhere.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ? It would probably have to be for landscaping also. I could trim the shrub that is growing in leaps and bounds once again - but, it never comes out as good as how they do it.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Do you have a Waffle maker in your home ? But of course
Is it a
Regular one ? <-----------
Belgian style ? They'd be the round ones, right? I don't have one of those yet.

Last time you used it ? I had just bought one of those for pancakes and have been using that lately. The waffle maker - maybe months ago, but how many , I'm not quite sure.

Today in History:

2006 - Pluto is demoted to a 'dwarf planet' Still looks pretty big to me.

Today is:
National Peach Pie Day Not a big fan of pies though but I do like peaches.
National Waffle Day
Potato Chip Day Unless they're Sun Chips, I usually give them away or don't indulge much
Single Parent Family Day One of my uncles passed away prematurely and that left his wife to raise their two sons. Hats off to her, she did a great job. Could not have been easy.
Strange Music Day How strange?
Shooting Star Day Don't forget to make that wish

I'm wishing that TS Isaac loses it's strength before coming to land.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:18 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,701,479 times
[quote=KwaK;25782730]Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

It is a beautiful morning here in NEFL it is nice and cool outside. I don't think we have seen temps this low in months

Keeping good thoughts for those that may be in the storms path

Here's hoping that he just fizzles out in the gulf

Today's Question(s):

What was the last "food craving" you had ? Potato chips

Did you resist or give in ? Give in.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ? Cut my hair is all I can think of at the moment.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ?

Today in History:
0079 - The volcano, Mt. Vesuvius, erupted for the first time. Vesuvius exploded without warning at about noon, covering Pompeii in a layer of ash nearly 13 feet deep. The two other cities were buried under mud and volcanic debris. Archaeologists have determined what life was like in Roman times from the volcanic-ash-preserved remains of the cities. Vesuvius is still active.
1853 - 1st potato chips prepared by Chef George Crum (Saratoga Springs New York)
1891 - Thomas Edison patents motion picture camera. By the Way the film wasn't patented until six years later.

Word of the Day:
1. To confer secretly.

Today is:
National Peach Pie Day
National Waffle Day
Potato Chip Day
Single Parent Family Day
Strange Music Day
Shooting Star Day

Old 08-24-2012, 06:19 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,844 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last "food craving" you had ? Bacon cheese burger

Did you resist or give in ? Resisted.
It was late, so I just went to bed.

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ? Painted the home office.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Do you have a Waffle maker in your home ? No Used to but I never used it so I gave it to my brother.
Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ?

Today in History:

Word of the Day:
1. To confer secretly.

Today is:
National Peach Pie Day
National Waffle Day
Potato Chip Day
Single Parent Family Day
Strange Music Day
Shooting Star Day Or, as we call them here on green acres, "Shoosting stars".....

TGIF, all!!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:30 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,544,451 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last "food craving" you had ? Pizza!

Did you resist or give in ? I gave in....wasn't as good as I was dreaming of but then again it wasn't from Benny's in Beardstown, Il!

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ? Any type of home repair.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Do you have a Waffle maker in your home ? Yes
Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ? You know that song....It was 1970 something?......lol

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:33 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,486,812 times
TGIF! Hope you all have a fun and relaxing weekend!

Today's Question(s):

What was the last "food craving" you had ? pizza

Did you resist or give in ? gave in

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ? paint

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Do you have a Waffle maker in your home ? no. Last time I saw one or used one was when I was a kid living at home with my parents.
Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ?

Old 08-24-2012, 06:44 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the last "food craving" you had ? Mangoes

Did you resist or give in ? Gave in

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you tried to do and then realized "this is why there are folks that get paid to do this" ? Wash my dishes ... I need a maid.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ?

Old 08-24-2012, 06:46 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,677,609 times
Today's Question(s):

Famous Dave's BBQ.

I can resist anything, but temptation. I plan on stopping there for supper today, on my way to the track.

Bonus Question:

Cleaning the house. I do it, occasionally, but very much dislike it. Is there a young, good looking, maid out there who will come and clean my house for free?

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Waffle Day

Do you have a Waffle maker in your home ? NO
Is it a
Regular one ?
Belgian style ?

Last time you used it ?

That's why I occasionally spend a night at a hotel. Most hotel breakfast include Belgian Waffles. I tried just walking in to the AmmericInn down the street for their free breakfast. They have some silly rule about having to stay there to get a free breakfast. Hey if you have to stay there it's not free.

Today in History:
Why do you suppose he didn't call them Potato Crums?
2006 - Pluto is demoted to a 'dwarf planet' And yet we still have a planet called Uranus. Tell me you didn't giggle the first time your science teacher told you there was no life on Uranus.

Word of the Day:
1. To confer secretly.

Today is:
National Peach Pie Day
National Waffle Day
Potato Chip Day
Single Parent Family Day
Strange Music Day
Shooting Star Day[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics