Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 02:33 AM

822 posts, read 2,203,463 times

Advertisements

I'm feeling a bit strange today. I've been enrolled in school this term and only been working part-time to make sure I get good grades. Yesterday morning I took my last final exam and I don't have to work until this coming Saturday. After I got home from taking my last exam I remember thinking, "OMG I don't have to do anything, I can just lounge on the couch for a day." Well I did that yesterday and it was awesome, however, today when I got up the weather outside was rainy & chilly which here in Las Vegas means an inside day. So today I essentially did nothing and I'm feeling soooooo lazy that it's driving me insane. I made sure I took a walk to get out of the house and I plan on hitting the gym tonight, however while I was talking to a friend earlier he told me that he knows many people lazier than me. Could this be true? Who of you knows someone lazier than me? Why is this person you know so lazy? I'm searching for some good entertaining but true stories. Have a good one my fellow city-data peeps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 04:00 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,818 times
Lazy people, in my opinion, are people who sit home all day without a job and have no intentions of finding one. I felt bad sitting home on Wednesday, and it was my day off. So I had to go for a walk to get outside.

Before I moved into this apartment I lived with some roommates (a couple) where the guy worked and the woman stayed at home and slept basically all day. At night she would get up and they'd loudly play Dungeons and Dragons in the kitchen, inches away from my room where I was trying to sleep. She acted as if she was perfect and it drove me nuts, the house was a complete mess and I ended up doing most of the cleaning after the dishes took up the entire 3 counters and their cats were relieving themselves on the ground.

After I got this apartment, I didn't say a word. I came home from work and no one was home.. I threw everything in my van and left.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:23 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,310,095 times

Wow Quert, that was horrible! I'm glad you got out of there!

Lazy folks... thankfully I don't live with any. My guys are busy all the time at home and at work. Me, I'm "retired", but I'm still a full time Mama for my daughter Grace, and that really does mean 24/7 ! Not to mention that I cater to my guys to make their lives good here at home. With all that DH does, I want him to feel like the king of his castle. And for my son Trey who still lives here at home, I want him to know how much I appreciate everything he does here as well as keeping a job that most guys would not want to do. I am blessed.
But I do know someone who is the laziest person I've ever personally known. I wish I could tell you all about him, but that would take forever and really, he's just not worth it.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 AM

822 posts, read 2,203,463 times
Ruby we want the entertaining story. PLZ PLZ PLZ

Old 12-14-2012, 02:16 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times
The Chatteress LOL! Of course, those that know me would disagree as I do work 4 jobs and just got hired at a 5th one ... When I'm at home, I'm about as productive as a vegetable

Old 12-14-2012, 02:26 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,712 times
Without a doubt, my former SIL. She was so lazy and dirty that hubby and I would leave our clothing in our garage when we got home from her house. We would always shower before we came back into our own house. NASTY........I'll leave out the details.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:29 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,145 times
Default Lazy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtaposition109 View Post
I'm feeling a bit strange today. I've been enrolled in school this term and only been working part-time to make sure I get good grades. Yesterday morning I took my last final exam and I don't have to work until this coming Saturday. After I got home from taking my last exam I remember thinking, "OMG I don't have to do anything, I can just lounge on the couch for a day." Well I did that yesterday and it was awesome, however, today when I got up the weather outside was rainy & chilly which here in Las Vegas means an inside day. So today I essentially did nothing and I'm feeling soooooo lazy that it's driving me insane. I made sure I took a walk to get out of the house and I plan on hitting the gym tonight, however while I was talking to a friend earlier he told me that he knows many people lazier than me. Could this be true? Who of you knows someone lazier than me? Why is this person you know so lazy? I'm searching for some good entertaining but true stories. Have a good one my fellow city-data peeps.

Hun, you were NOT lazy, you were taking time off, it's ok to do that at times. Americans smh, we're so GO GO GO GO GO, we forget to relax and enjoy life for a change. I have my couch potato moments, but usually I'm going from here to there to everywhere. Lazy to me is when you do nothing for a prolonged duration, you ask other people for money, and constantly make excuses on why you can't get a job, that everyone else is to blame except for your actions and attitudes towards life. That being said the laziest person I know is my little brother. My mom has given him everything since he was a child and is STILL doing that crap. It's very sad that she set him up for failure.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:49 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,133,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtaposition109 View Post

Well then maybe you should be thankful that you CAN work instead of being ungrateful and posting this stuff.
I know I wish I could, but I'm disabled with sickness that is going to end my life....like so many other people.

Plenty of your "fellow city-data peeps" are in the same boat as me.
Where's the thumbs down icon when you need it?

"No reps for you!" (Soup Nazi.....almost....)

Old 12-14-2012, 07:42 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,313,066 times
I don't believe you know the meaning of the word!

Lazy people don't go to college and work...PERIOD.

Laziest person I know? Have a couple of family members who are L-A-Z-Y.

They live in homes resembling trash cans (no relation by blood only marriage), and don't think a thing about it.

Now THAT, is L-A-Z-Y!!

Old 12-14-2012, 10:28 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,987 times
This time of year I get very lazy. Right now I mostly work during the night. Thus I am sleeping in til 2 or 3 pm. It gets dark by 4 pm. Only seeing 1 hour of daylight does not help. I find myself not wanting to do anything. On the flip side, come summertime with all the extra sunlight we get, I have loads of energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics