Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 06:12 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,102,778 times

Advertisements

Good morning. I feel willy-nilly this morning as my grammie used to say. I'm not sure her definition was the real one but she said it meant feeling scatter-brained and out of sorts. Guess that might be close to the real thing. Too many things going on here in my little corner of rural America.

Today's hint is another Mr. Chickie thingy. Last night I went outside through the garage door and low and behold Mr. Chickie has a 2 liter bottle of Coca Cola in his hand pouring it on the concrete. Of course I yelled "why are you pouring out that brand new bottle of Coke???? I just bought it!!"

Mr Chickie's response was I'm cleaning the driveway. He had worked on a vehicle on the driveway and yep there was a big grease stain and also an oil stain. Coca Cola to the rescue. Then Mr. Chickie went on to say, why should you be surprised! You know I sometimes use Coca Cola on the tires to clean them and make them dark when we enter the car at the car show. A light bulb went on and then I remembered that tire hint.

No wonder I can't keep Coca Cola on hand. It disappears so quickly around here. But if it cleans the driveway as well as tires, maybe I should be glad I'm not putting that stuff in my tummy!

Here's how to do the cleaning with Coca Cola:

Driveway/Concrete/Cement. Pour it on and let sit overnight. Hose it off and apply another dose if needed and repeat the procedure.

Tires. Pour some Coca Cola in a container. Dip a clean rag in the cola and rub on the tires until dry. Will put a nice dark black shine on the tire. He says Pepsi works too.

***** He also told me he uses Coca Cola to clean off battery acid. That's it!!! I think I should quit drinking that stuff!

<*><*><*><*><*><*>

This is just an old photo of my maternal Grampa (on the left) and three of my uncles and some of my Grampa's employees. He was a furrier who trapped valuable animals such as mink and muskrat for the furs then processed them and sold them to manufacturers to make fur coats which were so popular back in those days. Seeing the number of sacks of furs, there must have been many of these animals. Can you imagine what PITA would say? But that was a bonafide profession back then. This photo cannot be copied. This grampa was the son of the great grampa whose picture I posted recently.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 06:47 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,075,889 times
Love the pictures you post Chickie!!!

Kinda makes you wonder what coke does to your insides, right?

we have used it from time to time for stuff like this.

Also makes a good coke float!!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:40 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,266,539 times
I hope my car never leaks anything but if it does, I'll give the drive a coke! I like to think that coke kills all the bad stuff on my insides.

Another cool pic, Chickie! That is a huge pile of minks! Makes me wonder how many times they had to stop and pick up a bag that fell off! Furs were very popular as I grew up. In your grandpa's day, folks did whatever they could to make a living. My family was still farming when I was a tot. I remember my dad wearing those coveralls with bib on the farm. He switched to khakis when he had to give up the farm for construction.

All your vintage pics looks great!

Old 05-22-2013, 09:28 AM

44,416 posts, read 20,174,502 times
Cool hint about cleaning with Coke, Chickie!

Love the photo!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:53 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,968,488 times
Quote:
Here's how to do the cleaning with Coca Cola:

Driveway/Concrete/Cement. Pour it on and let sit overnight. Hose it off and apply another dose if needed and repeat the procedure.

Tires. Pour some Coca Cola in a container. Dip a clean rag in the cola and rub on the tires until dry. Will put a nice dark black shine on the tire. He says Pepsi works too.
Interesting,,,,,,, however will it draw ants to the area???????????????????

Old 05-22-2013, 12:11 PM

16,733 posts, read 17,510,371 times
Wow- good tip for Cola.

(It's also good for rotting teeth.)

You have some amazing photos Chickie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics