Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 01:25 AM

16,731 posts, read 17,505,691 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

I'm waiting for a friend to turn up and we'll be heading off to a big annual car event fairly soon. The weather looks ideal- warm, not hot, cloud cover and dry.

Photos should be worth seeing and I'll be posting them in days to come. Even if you don't care for cars there will be other interesting features.

As to today's peeve, it is about TV programmes.

I don't watch much telly, but there are one or two weekly programmes that I enjoy.

There is also a current series that is running and last week's episode is a two parter. I have made a note to see the concluding episode next week.

Do you have something you like to see on a regular basis, and have perhaps missed a key episode?

Let's find oy as the POTD is;

Missing one of your favourite programmes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 01:27 AM

16,731 posts, read 17,505,691 times
Here's a couple of lovely houses up in Salisbury;

This second one has a fascinating history to it.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:36 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,397,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Let's find oy as the POTD is;

Missing one of your favourite programmes.
I don't watch broadcasts on tv anymore, I catch up online only-
but a given site may have almost all-though not quite all-of a series/show.
So those few missing episodes really bug me, even if I can figure out what happened in between.

Multi-part eps. make me impatient, I dislike the suspense.
If it's old, has been in release long enough for it to be online,
then I can watch multiple episodes in a row & not be frustrated by that delay.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:40 AM

21,639 posts, read 8,797,885 times
Those houses look so grand and historic. If the walls could only talk! I hope you enjoy your car show, Jezer. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Now that I'm retired, I don't miss too much on the "telly" any more because I'm at home a lot. But I did miss lot of good ones when I was working nights, when most of the good shows were on. Back in those days we had a VCR, and if we made a mistake on the programming or the tape ran out, we were out of luck. Now they make DVR recorders that can remember your favorite shows and record them automatically.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:48 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,536,033 times
I do have favorite programs and hate it when I miss them. I have a DVR where I can record 1 thing while I watch another. I try to set it up so that I don't miss anything, but sometimes I do and I am not a happy camper when that happens.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:53 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,942,377 times
I don't watch commercial TV anymore - the endless commercials drive me batty. If I'm that interested in a show I wait until I can stream it or purchase it on DVD.
BTW - I'm up at a silly hour because I'm cooking BBQ (true "low and slow" BBQ) for a group of fifty today - I sure hope they like Southern BBQ cooked by a Brit . I wonder if I should take the drippings and make some Yorkshire Pud?

Old 08-04-2013, 03:33 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,348,262 times
I don't watch much TV anymore but still watch my favorite soap online. The issue is that the episodes are not available for very long and sometimes I don't have any possibility to watch straight away so I will miss one or several episodes. This bothers me.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:40 AM

36,503 posts, read 16,096,234 times
I DVR everything so I don't usually miss my faves!!

Old 08-04-2013, 05:44 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,695,686 times
Good morning peevers.

I have a DVR and record my soaps or any show I may miss for one reason or another.
But once in a while.....too often the breaking story then I don't get to see my soap or show. It is so maddening and happens quite often. Last week twice...urgh!!

Old 08-04-2013, 05:53 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,101,857 times
What bothers me is if I'm watching a tv show and right before the end, I fall asleep. Dang I hate that as I have to wait for reruns. I really like that sci-fi show Falling Skies but I've missed a couple of episodes....tonight is the summer season finale ...I better not miss that one!

Hope the car show is a blast. I can't wait until October when we go to Biloxi, MS for the 6100 plus classic car show on the 30 miles of beach along highway 90.

http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/Schedule.html

Love the pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics