Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 08:57 AM

678 posts, read 698,213 times

Advertisements

As a growing male i realize how caught up one can get in the complications of life. Kids, marrige, bills,jobs. I meet alot of people who end up somewhere where they didint think theyd be. And honestly im scared wither or not my life plans will work out. Is it more on the inevitable side?? Is this apart of life or is this a mistake commonly made by the human race??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 10:44 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
I wanted to be independently wealthy, but since I wasn't born into money I had to do it the old fashioned way. Work for it.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:48 AM

117 posts, read 202,184 times
Default Whether;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
As a growing male i realize how caught up one can get in the complications of life. Kids, marrige, bills,jobs. I meet alot of people who end up somewhere where they didint think theyd be. And honestly im scared wither or not my life plans will work out. Is it more on the inevitable side?? Is this apart of life or is this a mistake commonly made by the human race??
I am still going to do what I set out to do and I am in my late 40s. Take a step each day in the direction of your dreams. Don't get sucked into the mundane, day-to-day. Life is magical if we step into our dreams.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:49 AM

117 posts, read 202,184 times
Default Okay, great

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I wanted to be independently wealthy, but since I wasn't born into money I had to do it the old fashioned way. Work for it.
but what are you going to do WITH the money? Just sit and watch tv? There must be some goal behind having the freedom from the money...

Old 08-12-2013, 10:51 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,150,490 times
Older.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:53 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,858,453 times
Free to do as I wanted!

Old 08-12-2013, 11:06 AM

1,092 posts, read 833,712 times
The "complications of life:, as you call them happen to most...but you do not have to put your dreams & plans on hold. Just keep chipping away, one day or one goal at a time. THIS IS NOT EASY. I believe that these "complications" (as you call them) happen to most of us. We tend to get all caught up in them. It is also called love & service to others. It is easy to understand why folks put their own dreams & goals aside until kids are more independent, or until you have fewer or no spousal or parental obligations. Try to use good judgement in all things requiring your "involvement." But, speaking from personal delay of dreams & goals (due to life's complications), I cannot imagine a life totally dedicated to JUST ME & WHAT I WANT. Wishing you well in following your dreams!

Old 08-12-2013, 11:57 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,683,776 times
A train conductor

Old 08-12-2013, 12:03 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
I wanted to be a poster on City Data that always got in trouble...

Seriously, I wanted to be an airline pilot, but my choice of careers changed in the early 1970s when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 14, which is an automatic disqualifier..

I did take flight lessons in the late 1980s and I have the qualifications to fly a small single, and twin-engine General Aviation aircraft and I can get a license to own and fly such aircraft, but that can be an expensive hobby, aside from the cost of owning, and operating the aircraft. I also have the qualifications to fly large commercial airliners (VFR and IFR) just in case they need somebody to take over in the flight deck.

I also have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, so I'm a computer geek and that's what I do for a living..

Old 08-12-2013, 12:07 PM

16,674 posts, read 17,442,775 times
A veterinary surgeon.

My physics results let me down and I went into medical research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics