Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2007, 11:34 PM

485 posts, read 1,652,119 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else amazed at how early people put out their Christmas decorations? I saw a couple of houses that had them out before Halloween. It makes the month of December feel less special when you decorate for it in October. I guess we'll have to put out our spring Easter decore in January to catch up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 12:55 AM

1,048 posts, read 4,353,818 times
Nov and Dec are fine but Oct I guess that too early but hey if they want too go for it. Some houses have them year round :P

Old 11-22-2007, 04:59 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,383,367 times
Around here people tend to put their lights up outside early due to the weather. It's not much fun standing on a ladder when it's in the teens ... brrrrrr. Most don't turn the lights on until after Thanksgiving though.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:03 AM

13,392 posts, read 45,136,977 times
I posted this bit in the other Christmas Too Soon thread:
Thanksgving Comes First

Old 11-22-2007, 08:34 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,401,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
Is anyone else amazed at how early people put out their Christmas decorations? I saw a couple of houses that had them out before Halloween. It makes the month of December feel less special when you decorate for it in October. I guess we'll have to put out our spring Easter decore in January to catch up.
I'm thinking about leaving all the decoration up all year long that way I'll have it all covered no mater what holiday it is

Old 11-22-2007, 08:37 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,481,906 times
Coming home from work last night we drove past the park on my street, there is a huge tree in it, and it is covered with lights. The kids really liked it, and so did I!

Just me and the kids today for Thanksgiving, and made me think, why dont we put up the tree?

But people do put things up early, I do agree...

I will leave my fall wreath up for about another week I guess, then i will put up my winter one.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:44 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,620,292 times
Tomorrow I will put some reminders of Christmas around our home. My favorite season of all and I like to see displays right about now. Not at Halloween tho'. tet tea is right also about the weather and decorating..I waited too long last year and was I sorry...too cold and freezing drizzle. Not much fun. May have to put them up erlier this year and wait a bit before actually turning the lights on...who knows? depends upon how I feel

Hope y'all had a good day today and even better this weekend...

Old 11-22-2007, 11:02 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,459,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
I was late in getting christmas lights up. I like to do that on November 1st but just got them up two days ago. However, I decorated the inside of my house at Midnight on Halloween Night. I like decorating early so I can enjoy two months of christmas instead of only a few nights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics