Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 01:27 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,499,381 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, January 28th 2014. I ventured out shopping today, thinking it was ‘safe’ as all the kids are safely back in school for the new year. Wrong! They go back tomorrow! The stores were teaming with parents and children buying last-minute supplies for school and generally running wild. I gave up, came home, and will try again later in the week!

Today’s Question:

What are some of your memories of your first day at high school?

Extra Credit Question:

Please feel free to share extra details…

Have you ever –

Single-handedly cooked a meal for 20 or more people?

Worked at a gas station?

Hand-made an item of furniture?

Ridden a zipline?

Locked yourself out of your home or car?

Bonus Question:

If you had to eat the same fast food for dinner every evening for a week, which one of these items would you pick:

Hamburger
Hot dog
Pizza
Fried Chicken
Subway roll
Taco

Just for fun:

Today is National Blueberry Pancake Day. When was the last time you had a blueberry pancake?

Thought for the Day:

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day. (Author Unknown)

Today is:

Data Privacy Day
National Blueberry Pancake Day
National Kazoo Day
Thank a Plug-in Developer Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 01:31 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,041,703 times
Default Today’s Questions – Tuesday, January 28th 2014
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, January 28th 2014. I ventured out shopping today, thinking it was ‘safe’ as all the kids are safely back in school for the new year. Wrong! They go back tomorrow! The stores were teaming with parents and children buying last-minute supplies for school and generally running wild. I gave up, came home, and will try again later in the week!

Today’s Question:

I have none!

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Worked at a gas station?

Ridden a zipline?

Bonus Question:

If you had to eat the same fast food for dinner every evening for a week, which one of these items would you pick:

Hamburger
Hot dog
Pizza
Fried Chicken
Subway roll
Taco

Just for fun:

Today is National Blueberry Pancake Day. When was the last time you had a blueberry pancake?

Thought for the Day:

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day. (Author Unknown)

Today is:

Data Privacy Day
National Kazoo Day
Thanks Kobber!

Old 01-28-2014, 01:40 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,940,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Today’s Question:

WTF?! This place doesn't have any windows!! Who designs a High School without windows?!

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

No, my wonderful wife helped.

Worked at a gas station?

Nope

Does a bird house count?

Ridden a zipline?

Yep

Never - the keys walked back inside as I closed the door.

Bonus Question:

Hamburger
Hot dog
Pizza
Fried Chicken - gotta be the fried chicken
Subway roll
Taco

Just for fun:

Within the last two months.
Da Poip Peep

Old 01-28-2014, 03:01 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,257,302 times
Today’s Question:

Sleeping through Algebra and acing the class. Graduating early.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Single-handedly cooked a meal for 20 or more people? Yes

Worked at a gas station? No.

Hand-made an item of furniture? Yes, several

Ridden a zipline? No.

Oh brother have I. I lived above a store on a mainstreet and had my bikini on sunning on the roof. I went down to reach around the door to get the mail and the door clicked behind me. I had to walk down the sidewalk of this conservative little town to the shop my landlord's wife owned in my bikini and no towel and no shoes, to get the spare key.

I locked myself out of my apartment which was on the ground floor after a night out with the girls. I went to the bedroom window and popped the screen out and was straddling the window when the police shined their lights on me and were going to arrest me for breaking and entering.

Bonus Question:

If you had to eat the same fast food for dinner every evening for a week, which one of these items would you pick: Taco

Hamburger
Hot dog
Pizza
Fried Chicken
Subway roll
Taco

Just for fun:

I can tell you the last time I 'smelled' blueberry pancakes. It was an evening up at the lake and we were doing shots of blueberry schnapps...one too many blueberry schnapps. We spent the night at my friend's parents house instead of driving all the way home. I woke up to the smell of blueberry pancakes cooking on the back grill. I rolled over on my bed and told my friend, "Your mother is the anti-Christ."

Thought for the Day:

Old 01-28-2014, 03:10 AM

11,413 posts, read 9,340,481 times
Helo al,

Quote:

Today’s Question:

I do not remember at all.

Quote:

Have you ever –

Worked at a gas station?

Ridden a zipline?

No to all of the above.
I like to cook but the most people I have ever cooked for was 3 including myself.

Quote:

Hamburger
Hot dog
Pizza
Fried Chicken
Subway roll
Taco
I'd fast.

Quote:
3-4 years. Only rarely do I have pancakes but they are okay.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Old 01-28-2014, 03:43 AM

21,637 posts, read 8,794,534 times
Today’s Question:

I remember what I wore. It was a white blouse with fake monogram embroidery, a dark red full skirt and white oxford shoes with white ankle socks. I had a poodle haircut. It was autumn of 1962, and the big hit was "Sherry" by the Four Seasons.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Good heavens, no! The very idea makes me break out in a cold sweat.
Worked at a gas station?
No, but my stepfather owned a Shell station, and I used to like to play there as a little girl. I loved the aromas of motor oil, gasoline and fresh rubber tires.
No, but I inherited a small tea table that was hand-made by one of my ancestors in Massachussetts and shipped around the Horn when they moved West.
Ridden a zipline?
See "Single-handedly cooked a meal for 20 or more people."
Yes, a couple of times in the past. I'm a lot more careful now.

Bonus Question:

Hamburger
Hot dog
Pizza
Fried Chicken <------- This is a fantasy, so I can have what I want regardless of fat and calories!
Subway roll
Taco

Just for fun:

It was probably last autumn.

Thanks, Kobber! I hope you have better luck on your next shopping expedition.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:25 AM

37,824 posts, read 41,144,258 times
Today’s Question:

Don't remember it at all.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Single-handedly cooked a meal for 20 or more people? no

Worked at a gas station? no

Hand-made an item of furniture? no

Ridden a zipline? no

Yes to both. Luckily, I have lived in apartment complexes and just had to call someone in the rental office to open the door for me. This one, you have to lock the door from the outside when you leave. You can't do it from the inside and just close the door so you can never lock yourself out. I've locked my car keys in the trunk and had to call Subaru's equivalent of Triple A.

Bonus Question:

Hamburger
Hot dog
Pizza
Fried Chicken
Subway roll
Taco

Probably, a hamburger. I like pizza and hot dogs more but can't see me eating them for a week.

Just for fun:

I think never but I love blueberry anything so it's really just a matter of me rarely going out for breakfast or pancakes making me too stuffed when I was traveling for work and electing a small breakfast instead of pancakes.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:48 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,874,711 times
Today’s Question:

What are some of your memories of your first day at high school? I don't remember.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Have. Easter dinner a few years ago.
Worked at a gas station?
No
No

Ridden a zipline?
A small one. I'd like to go to, I think it's Franklin, NH, where there's a "zipline adventure" through the treetops.
Ha.... Yes, yes I have. Both.

Bonus Question:

Hamburger
Hot dog
Pizza
Fried Chicken ... If I must. Not thrilled with any of these choices.
Subway roll
Taco

Just for fun:

Today is National Blueberry Pancake Day. When was the last time you had a blueberry pancake? A few years. I think probably my older daughter made them & it might have been the last time I had pancakes.

Thought for the Day:

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day. (Author Unknown) Yesterday's "good" was the beautiful sunset. I had trouble keeping my eyes on the road driving home!

Happy day, all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 01-28-2014 at 04:58 AM..

Old 01-28-2014, 05:11 AM

126,416 posts, read 19,165,393 times

Today’s Question:

What are some of your memories of your first day at high school?I started my first year in high school in Canada and I remember it was not a pleasant one. Already on the first day I got bullied Making new friends was a challenge the first year of high school but I overcame the prejudice and made new friends,including 2 for life . I do remember the very first week of my English class I was given an assignment to write about my experience immigrating to another country. I do remember joining the girl field hockey team and I loved it

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Single-handedly cooked a meal for 20 or more people?Yes many times during holidays,no big deal

Worked at a gas station?Nope

Hand-made an item of furniture?Yes in boarding school I took a woodwork class and we designed and built a simple chair

Ridden a zipline?Nope

Locked yourself out of your home or car?Oh yes

Bonus Question:

Hamburger
Hot dog
Pizza
Fried Chicken
Subway roll
Taco

Just for fun:

Today is National Blueberry Pancake Day. When was the last time you had a blueberry pancake?Sometime this year on a Saturday

Thought for the Day:

Thank you Kobber and a good day to you all

Old 01-28-2014, 05:56 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,737,372 times
Quote:

Today’s Question:

What are some of your memories of your first day at high school? All I remember is trying to find my class rooms.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Single-handedly cooked a meal for 20 or more people? No

Worked at a gas station? No

Hand-made an item of furniture? NO

Ridden a zipline? Yes

Locked yourself out of your home or car? Yes

Bonus Question:

Hamburger
Hot dog
Pizza
Fried Chicken
Subway roll
Taco

Just for fun:

Today is National Blueberry Pancake Day. When was the last time you had a blueberry pancake? A couple of years ago.

Thought for the Day:

Today is:

Data Privacy Day
National Kazoo Day

Stay safe everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics