Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 04:55 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,271,262 times

Advertisements

Today’s question:

Have you ever contacted a product manufacturer or service provider to complain about a product/service or to suggest an improvement? If yes, what was the product/service and how did they respond to you (free replacement, credit, apology, took up your suggestion, zilch, whatever)? No, I never can be arsed to complain although I'm half considering writing a strongly worded letter to the manufacturer of the screen door we tried to put together yesterday...

My friend though, wrote to Swizzel-Matlow to complain about the poor grammar/spelling on Love Hearts and got sent loads of sweets for free!

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Do a major grocery shop (other than odds and ends you may pick up from time to time)? Hardly ever do one, I just go to the shop every day or two and buy what I need for that day

Clean the indoor side of your windows? Whenever I move house, which seems to be roughly once a year

Get your car washed? Don't have a car but OH gets his little brother to wash his van from time to time

Chat with your nearest neighbour? I say hi to the kids when I see them but I don't talk to any other of the neighbours

Bonus question:

Do you have any machines in your home that purify, humidify, ionize or otherwise change the air in your home (other than aircon and/or fans)? If yes, what do you have? No, my air is quite fine as it is

Just for fun:

Today is Bathtub Day! Do you have a bathtub? If yes, when was the last time you had a bath in it?
No wish I did but they're extremely rare here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 04:56 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,237,185 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 7th 2014. My new fence is being installed tomorrow! The contractor initially said it would be three weeks before he could do it… but he’s had a cancellation, so he’s slotted me in. Yay!

Today’s question:

Have you ever contacted a product manufacturer or service provider to complain about a product/service or to suggest an improvement? If yes, what was the product/service and how did they respond to you (free replacement, credit, apology, took up your suggestion, zilch, whatever)?

Ohhhhhhhh, yeah. I had a big streak going on at the end of August. It was so bad, people looking for employment should just follow me around for the day because I create openings as people get fired for their horrible service and attitudes.

The best one was the beauty supply shop where I buy these small packets to add to haircolor so it doesn't turn red. I was talking to this wench sales woman and she talks me into trying this stuff and I came back fully loaded. Not only did it not work, it turned my hair henna red. I asked for a refund from the one sales girl while the other was yacking to someone about her personal finances and leans over and says, "I'll tell you about it in a minute." She said they don't take refunds on opened stuff - well then how would I know it didn't work. You should have done a test strand, no she told me to color as usual and I still would have open bottles. Of course fur starts to fly and words are exchanged and I said "I came to you because you are supposedly professionals, (grabbing my hair), I could have gotten this off the rack at Walmart." The lady hands me back this back of garbage and told me to leave or she's calling the police for harassment - great customer service there. I threw it back over the counter, what the hell do I need with a bag of trash. She screams abuse and said she's calling 911 and did as I'm walking out of the store. The other one literally chased me out into the parking lot and I said, "Back off or the weave gets it" and got in my car. She's writing my license plate down. I thought call the cops, because I'm calling your boss. Well, someone is now out of a job and there is now an opening at this store if anyone is interested. I got all my money back, an apology from corporate and a $20 gift certificate.

The next day I had a run in with a manager from Target. He no longer has a job either. There's now an opening there too.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Do a major grocery shop (other than odds and ends you may pick up from time to time)? Once a month

Clean the indoor side of your windows? Twice a year, except for the picture window in front. That one is behind the sofa and has a tendency to accumulate dog snout marks.

Get your car washed? Once a week.

Chat with your nearest neighbour? At least everyday there is an exchange. My next door neighbor mows my front yard when he does his, he has a rider mower. I'm always thanking him. He snow blows my driveway too. My neighbor across the street has the sweetest little girl and when she was real little she would always yell good morning before getting in the car to go to school. She often brings me cookies she makes with her mom and things like that. She is just a joy.

Bonus question:

Do you have any machines in your home that purify, humidify, ionize or otherwise change the air in your home (other than aircon and/or fans)? If yes, what do you have? NOPE

Just for fun:

Today is Bathtub Day! Do you have a bathtub? If yes, when was the last time you had a bath in it?

When I moved into this house the tub was kind of nasty because the enamel coating was gone. Why? The house was a rental and one of the tenants used the tub to stomp grapes to make wine. I've changed it and usually do hot baths in the winter. I had to make sure the door was shut tight because the one dog loved to eat soap bubbles and would come in and jump in the tub with me or start licking the bubbles or soap off my legs when I was drying off...she was an odd duck that one.

Thought for the day:

For disappearing acts, it's hard to beat what happens to the eight hours supposedly left after eight of sleep and eight of work. (Doug Larson)

For a disappearing act there's nothing like the statement, "We need to talk" to make your significant other suddenly disappear for days on end. - Thursday

Old 10-07-2014, 05:08 AM

126,372 posts, read 19,135,939 times
[Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 7th 2014. My new fence is being installed tomorrow! The contractor initially said it would be three weeks before he could do it… but he’s had a cancellation, so he’s slotted me in. Yay!

Today’s question:

Have you ever contacted a product manufacturer or service provider to complain about a product/service or to suggest an improvement? If yes, what was the product/service and how did they respond to you (free replacement, credit, apology, took up your suggestion, zilch, whatever)? not really at least nothing comes in my mind right now

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Do a major grocery shop (other than odds and ends you may pick up from time to time)? Saturday is my grocery shopping day for the week,no in between ,strictly on a budget shopping with my list

Clean the indoor side of your windows? whenever a new season begins,unless I see dirt

Get your car washed? usually the rain takes care of it ,otherwise every month at home or in a car wash where you can wash the car yourself

Chat with your nearest neighbour? weekly

Bonus question:

Do you have any machines in your home that purify, humidify, ionize or otherwise change the air in your home (other than aircon and/or fans)? If yes, what do you have? we have a high quality residential ventilation systems for our home

Just for fun:

Today is Bathtub Day! Do you have a bathtub? If yes, when was the last time you had a bath in it? we have 2 bathtubs in our home a normal size one and a kidney tub shaped one and both are a pain in the azz to clean. Usually I take shower,I think it was last winter I used a tub

Thought for the day:

For disappearing acts, it's hard to beat what happens to the eight hours supposedly left after eight of sleep and eight of work. (Doug Larson)

Today is:

Bathtub Day
National Frappe Day

… and here’s a cheerio especially for Roosty who complains I never do a sign off! Cheerio and have a good day everyone.

THANK YOU Kobber Have a good day all

Old 10-07-2014, 05:21 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,725,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 7th 2014. My new fence is being installed tomorrow! The contractor initially said it would be three weeks before he could do it… but he’s had a cancellation, so he’s slotted me in. Yay!
I answered these questions earlier and they wouldn't take so hopefully this time they will.

Today’s question:

Have you ever contacted a product manufacturer or service provider to complain about a product/service or to suggest an improvement? If yes, what was the product/service and how did they respond to you (free replacement, credit, apology, took up your suggestion, zilch, whatever)?

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Do a major grocery shop (other than odds and ends you may pick up from time to time)? Once a week.

Clean the indoor side of your windows? A couple times a year.

Get your car washed? Not often enough.

Chat with your nearest neighbour? A few times a week, especially if we are both out walking the dogs.

Bonus question:

Do you have any machines in your home that purify, humidify, ionize or otherwise change the air in your home (other than aircon and/or fans)? Nope. If yes, what do you have?

Just for fun:

Today is Bathtub Day! Do you have a bathtub? Yes. If yes, when was the last time you had a bath in it? The new tub was installed several months ago and I haven't taken a bath in it and don't think I will since I like showering instead.

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Bathtub Day
National Frappe Day

… and here’s a cheerio especially for Roosty who complains I never do a sign off! Cheerio and have a good day everyone.
Thanks, Kobber. Hope your day went well.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:09 AM

36,472 posts, read 16,075,844 times
Today’s question:

Not that I can remember
Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Do a major grocery shop (other than odds and ends you may pick up from time to time)?
I don't but I may start this month, now that I'm on a fixed income
Clean the indoor side of your windows?
Every couple of weeks on some of the ones the cats drool on
Get your car washed?
Once a month or as needed, it's garaged so not so often.
Chat with your nearest neighbour?
Almost everyday, it's my Dad

Bonus question:

Do you have any machines in your home that purify, humidify, ionize or otherwise change the air in your home (other than aircon and/or fans)? If yes, what do you have?
I have a de-humidifier in the un-vented crawl space

Just for fun:

I do and it's been a while
Thought for the day:

Today is:

Bathtub Day
National Frappe Day

Old 10-07-2014, 06:09 AM

27,397 posts, read 27,445,727 times
I try to do my 'big' shopping about once a week.
I try to wash my truck once a week but the paint is so jacked up from weather right now.
I haven't met anyone here yet, neighbours. But back home we see/briefly chat each other almost every day.

The only purifying thing in the house here is a Brita water thing.
Have a good day everyone!

Old 10-07-2014, 06:10 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,183,938 times
yes
corporate movie theater office, wrote a letter because the usher walked along the wall to just under the movie screen, while the movie was playing, and flashed his flashlight, then walked out. s/he did this twice. i wrote to complain as this is distracting and worst than someone checking a text on their smartphone, and they appologized and sent me two no expiration tickets.

2 X a month
every decade
when it gets dirty (rain)
every chance i get

nope

yes
rarely

David Lynch's white picket fence.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:34 AM

5,917 posts, read 3,815,403 times
[quote=Kobber;36777800]Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 7th 2014. My new fence is being installed tomorrow! The contractor initially said it would be three weeks before he could do it… but he’s had a cancellation, so he’s slotted me in. Yay! Yippee congratulations!

Today’s question:

Have you ever contacted a product manufacturer or service provider to complain about a product/service or to suggest an improvement?
No I don't recall ever doing that
If yes, what was the product/service and how did they respond to you (free replacement, credit, apology, took up your suggestion, zilch, whatever)
?

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Do a major grocery shop (other than odds and ends you may pick up from time to time)?
Once a week

A-hem...uh it's been months

Get your car washed?
It's getting washed right now by the rain

talked to 3 of them yesterday

Bonus question:

Do you have any machines in your home that purify, humidify, ionize or otherwise change the air in your home (other than aircon and/or fans)?
Nope don't have anything like that
If yes, what do you have?

Just for fun:

It's been a while, I normally take showers

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Bathtub Day
National Frappe Day

Thanks Kobber!

Old 10-07-2014, 06:55 AM

4,045 posts, read 2,916,846 times
Today’s question:

Have you ever contacted a product manufacturer or service provider to complain about a product/service or to suggest an improvement? I don't believe I ever have.

How often do you …

Do a major grocery shop (other than odds and ends you may pick up from time to time)? Pretty much once a week, give or take a couple of days.

Clean the indoor side of your windows? Couple of times a year. I might clean the patio doors a little more often.

Get your car washed? Here in the desert, not often. Maybe four times a year?

Chat with your nearest neighbour? Couple of times a year.

Do you have any machines in your home that purify, humidify, ionize or otherwise change the air in your home (other than aircon and/or fans)? Nope.

Today is Bathtub Day! Do you have a bathtub? Yes. If yes, when was the last time you had a bath in it? A couple of years ago.

Thanks Kobber and good luck with the fence -- how exciting! Happy Tuesday all.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:02 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,438,530 times
Today’s question:

About a year ago I bought a box of granola bars and one of them was basically an empty wrapper with a crumb inside, so I mailed it back to the company and they sent me a coupon for a free box as well as additional coupons which I lost.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

When needed.

When needed.

Get your car washed?

When needed.

Not near as often as I should.

Bonus question:

Do you have any machines in your home that purify, humidify, ionize or otherwise change the air in your home (other than aircon and/or fans)? If yes, what do you have?

A/C is all. The climate here is a natural humidifier.

Just for fun:

I only take showers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics