Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 01:06 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,617,161 times

Advertisements

National Frappe Day

Photo by HokiesMom

Iced Coffee Frappe

The name may be French (from the word "frapper," meaning “to ice”), but history says it's the Greeks who popularized this icy and sweet concoction during a 1957 international fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 01:19 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,376,835 times
Today’s Questions – Tuesday, 7th October 2014.
Today’s question:

Have you ever contacted a product manufacturer or service provider to complain about a product/service or to suggest an improvement? If yes, what was the product/service and how did they respond to you (free replacement, credit, apology, took up your suggestion, zilch, whatever)?
Yes. Every time it rains with my rural ISP. They fix it until the next rainstorm.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Do a major grocery shop (other than odds and ends you may pick up from time to time)?
I think about five times a year.

Clean the indoor side of your windows?
I did that just this past week but I only do it about once a year.

Get your car washed?
Ha! I wish.

Chat with your nearest neighbour?
About three weeks ago when my two dogs finally learned my neighbor also has two dogs.

Bonus question:

Do you have any machines in your home that purify, humidify, ionize or otherwise change the air in your home (other than aircon and/or fans)? If yes, what do you have?
Nope.

Just for fun:

Today is Bathtub Day! Do you have a bathtub? If yes, when was the last time you had a bath in it?
One at the farm and one at the city home but I've never been in either except for showers.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:20 PM

44,374 posts, read 20,088,633 times
Great story about the Coke, Tumf!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:39 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,236,574 times
Today’s question:

Have you ever contacted a product manufacturer or service provider to complain about a product/service or to suggest an improvement? If yes, what was the product/service and how did they respond to you (free replacement, credit, apology, took up your suggestion, zilch, whatever)?
Never have.
Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Do a major grocery shop (other than odds and ends you may pick up from time to time)?
I don't do the grocery shopping, but it's done every 2 weeks, every other Tuesday (Today isn't that Tuesday though )
About once a month
Get your car washed?
Once every month or two months. My car has an antenna that wouldn't survive an automatic car wash, so I do it by hand.
Every day, or at the very least every other day.

Bonus question:

Do you have any machines in your home that purify, humidify, ionize or otherwise change the air in your home (other than aircon and/or fans)? If yes, what do you have?
Nope

Just for fun:

Today is Bathtub Day! Do you have a bathtub? If yes, when was the last time you had a bath in it?
We have two. One of them leaks so bad we can't use it though. The last time I had a bath in the other one was last night. I usually bathe at night and honestly can't remember the last time I had an actual shower.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:32 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,010,063 times
Today’s question:

I have once. Last year a bought a name brand can opener. Paid plenty for it. Turned out to be a piece of junk. Barely worked from the start and failed completely a month later. After looking online I found that many people had the same problems with same model can opener. I called the manufacture and let them know I was disappointed with their product. They offered to send me a replacement. I declined their offer as I had no use for another crappy can opener.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Never. I pick up a few things at a time daily on my way home.

Only when I am getting ready to move

Get your car washed?
Has been washed twice this year.

Almost never.

Bonus question:

Nope

Just for fun:

I do. Only take showers in it though.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:16 PM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,431,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Back in 1992, Pepsi came out with Pepsi Clear. It was their attempt at a caffeine free diet drink to match Coke's line of similar products.

Pepsi owns Domino's Pizza. Back in '92, I had ordered a pizza from them, and their promotion at the time was that you got a free 2 liter of Pepsi Clear with any purchase. I've been a Coke drinker since I was breastfed... never cared for Pepsi - Dr. Pepper - R/C - I was and still am today, a Coke product drinker.

When it arrived, I was curious, so I opened up the bottle and poured myself a glass to go with my pizza. It was, the worst cola product I've ever had.... I mean horrible.

I replaced my dinner time drink with something else - and tossed the rest of it down the sink where it belonged. I ended up writing a note to Coke (I lived in the Atlanta area - and worked downtown) - letting them know to tell their Research and Development team NOT to spend ANY money trying to combat Pepsi's Clear product. I explained that I was a faithful Coke drinker and they had nothing to worry about with Pepsi Clear or their market share.

Two days later, I came home from work to find 6 cases of Coke on my front porch step. Someone at Coke that read my letter wanted to thank me for my loyalty as a Coke drinker and hoped I'd enjoy their delivery.

Needless to say I drank every bit of those cases of Coke, and really felt as if my voice was heard and appreciated.
Supposedly someone wrote a note to the chewing gum companies many, many years ago with a solution to a long held problem. For years gum stuck to its wrapper. Then whoever it was told them to add cornstarch to the gum before wrapping it. It worked a treat and they sent him a lifetime supply of chewing gum.

At least that's the story and I'm NOT sticking to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics