Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 05:13 AM

126,299 posts, read 19,083,256 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 14th 2014. Well, the fence is in and looks really nice. Since we had to dislodge a whole lot of creeping vines in the process, I now have some landscaping to sort out! Have to do that in the next couple of weeks before it gets too hot to spend time outside.

Today’s question:

Do you have a free local newspaper delivered to your mailbox or front yard? If so, how much of it do you usually read?................yes and all of it is read

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Visit a dry cleaning store?..........................never

Turn the mattress on your bed?........................used to every month but the new kind no need anymore

Eat a hamburger?......................no

Play Solitaire on your computer/phone?...................no

Visit a post office?..sometimes

Bonus question:

Are you still in touch with any of your friends from high school? If so, do you keep in touch by letter, email, social media, phone or in person?..............by phone,letter and email

Just for fun:

Today is National Dessert Day. What dessert might you have today?

Thought for the day:

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. (Author Unknown)

Today is:

Bald and Free Day!
National Dessert Day
national lowercase day

hope everyone has a great lowercase day!

THANK YOU Kobber and a good Tuesday to all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 05:14 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,564,880 times
Today’s question:

Do you have a free local newspaper delivered to your mailbox or front yard? If so, how much of it do you usually read? Free? Nope. Gotta pay $40 every 6 months for ours

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Visit a dry cleaning store? Never

Turn the mattress on your bed? Never

Eat a hamburger? Once or twice a week

Play Solitaire on your computer/phone? Been a while

Visit a post office? Not very often

Bonus question:

Are you still in touch with any of your friends from high school? If so, do you keep in touch by letter, email, social media, phone or in person? Just had my 40th class reunion a couple weeks ago. Most I keep in touch with through social media, but there are a few of us that still live in the old home town and see each other every now and then.

Just for fun:

Today is National Dessert Day. What dessert might you have today? I would LOVE a good banana pudding!!

Old 10-14-2014, 05:14 AM

11,379 posts, read 9,298,077 times
Hello all,

Today’s question:

Do you have a free local newspaper delivered to your mailbox or front yard? If so, how much of it do you usually read? - I've seen it before but hardly ever read.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Visit a dry cleaning store? - About once a month.

Turn the mattress on your bed? - Never. I just did a quick check and my memory foam mattress does not need turning over.

Eat a hamburger? - Never, but I did have it several months ago.

Play Solitaire on your computer/phone? - Never

Visit a post office? - Two or three times per year.

Bonus question:

Are you still in touch with any of your friends from high school? If so, do you keep in touch by letter, email, social media, phone or in person? - I know no one from back in those days. I only had a couple of friends when I was in high school and no one was worth keeping long term. I do have a friend I have known for 42 years. I talked with him on the phone last week. He lives 3K miles from me.

Just for fun:

Today is National Dessert Day. What dessert might you have today? - D/K. Chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream would be nice.

Thanks, Kobber.
Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 AM

36,442 posts, read 16,047,179 times
Today’s question:

Do you have a free local newspaper delivered to your mailbox or front yard? If so, how much of it do you usually read?
No

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Turn the mattress on your bed? Now that I have a topper, I don't

Eat a hamburger? Once a year?

Play Solitaire on your computer/phone? Everyday

Visit a post office? Once a month

Bonus question:

Are you still in touch with any of your friends from high school? If so, do you keep in touch by letter, email, social media, phone or in person?
nope

Just for fun:

I don't know but it will probably be something chocolate.

Thought for the day:

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. (Author Unknown)

Today is:

Bald and Free Day!
National Dessert Day
national lowercase day

hope everyone has a great lowercase day! thanks kobber

Old 10-14-2014, 05:46 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,258,656 times
Today’s question:

Do you have a free local newspaper delivered to your mailbox or front yard? If so, how much of it do you usually read? Yes. Don't read much, just check the adverts and skim through.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Turn the mattress on your bed? Never

Eat a hamburger? Once in a blue moon

Play Solitaire on your computer/phone? Never - if I play it I get a pack of cards out and do it the old fashioned way

Visit a post office? Every once in a while, though usually just to buy stuff from the shop attached, not to use the post office

Bonus question:

Are you still in touch with any of your friends from high school? If so, do you keep in touch by letter, email, social media, phone or in person? I keep in touch with a few, through Facebook

Just for fun:

Today is National Dessert Day. What dessert might you have today? Probably just a pot of Angry Birds liqourice-chocolate pudding, as that's all I have and I can't be arsed to make anything

Old 10-14-2014, 06:53 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,435,358 times
Today’s question:

Do you have a free local newspaper delivered to your mailbox or front yard? If so, how much of it do you usually read?

Yes, but it's in Spanish and I can't read it. Sometimes I look at the store ads, though.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Visit a dry cleaning store?

Never.

Turn the mattress on your bed?

I usually do if I rearrange my bedroom, which I've been thinking of doing.

Eat a hamburger?

I'll eat a turkey burger once, maybe twice a month but it only if it's cooked on an outdoor grill. There's a fine line between good turkey burger and nasty turkey burger.

Play Solitaire on your computer/phone?

Never.

Visit a post office?

When I have a reason for it.

Bonus question:

Are you still in touch with any of your friends from high school? If so, do you keep in touch by letter, email, social media, phone or in person?

No.

Just for fun:

I have a protein bar I'll probably eat, which I'm sure is not much healthier than a candy bar.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:03 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Today’s question:

The county puts out one. I don't read it.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Since retired, very rarely. I live in machine washable play clothes. When I was in the work force it was once a week. I tell people if you dress for work, when you retire this will be a huge savings for you.

Never, but that's because I don't sleep in it.

Eat a hamburger?

Maybe once a week.

Never.

Visit a post office?

The post office is very close to where I live. If you mean go inside the post office, maybe once every 3 months. But, if the post office parking lot counts, maybe once every 2 weeks to drop something in their mailbox where you don't have to get out of the car.

Bonus question:

No

Just for fun:

A blueberry muffin.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:10 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,376,835 times
Today’s Questions – Tuesday, 14th October 2014.

The hot air balloons in Albuquerque were really nice this past weekend. The weather was perfect!

Today’s question:

No. I haven't taken a newspaper subscription since 1988.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Never.
Once a year.
Eat a hamburger?
Once a month.
Never. Don't know the game.
Visit a post office?
Probably once a month.

Bonus question:

No. Too many years ago, and too many moves.

Just for fun:

Blueberry muffin after breakfast.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:28 AM

7,376 posts, read 5,491,311 times
Good morning everyone and welcome to Questions of the Day for Tuesday, October 14th 2014. Well, the fence is in and looks really nice. Since we had to dislodge a whole lot of creeping vines in the process, I now have some landscaping to sort out! Have to do that in the next couple of weeks before it gets too hot to spend time outside.

Today’s question:

Do you have a free local newspaper delivered to your mailbox or front yard? If so, how much of it do you usually read? no

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Visit a dry cleaning store? never

Turn the mattress on your bed? when I think about it, maybe several times a year

Eat a hamburger? once every week or two

Play Solitaire on your computer/phone? not lately

Visit a post office? maybe once a year

Bonus question:

Are you still in touch with any of your friends from high school? If so, do you keep in touch by letter, email, social media, phone or in person? Keep in touch with a couple on Facebook

Just for fun:

Today is National Dessert Day. What dessert might you have today? cookies

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Bald and Free Day!
National Dessert Day
national lowercase day

[/quote]

Old 10-14-2014, 07:49 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,810,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Enjoy your new fence and warmer weather, Kobber, as we enjoy our cooler months here in the US!

Today’s question:

Used to read most of the free one that used to be delivered to the mailbox, but not delivered anymore.

Extra credit question:

How often do you …

Used to be a weekly thing when working, now maybe once a month

No turning a pillowtop over, just upside-down usually once-twice a year

Eat a hamburger?
Once every 2-3 months if grilled at home

Spider Solitaire on my computer a few times a week

Visit a post office?
Once/twice a month

Bonus question:

Are you still in touch with any of your friends from high school?
Two HS friends from two different high schools I went to.

If so, do you keep in touch by letter, email, social media, phone or in person?

Mostly by phone/email these days, every two-three years in person

Just for fun:

Abstaining these days

Thought for the day:

Today is:

Bald and Free Day
National Dessert Day
national lowercase day

thanks kobber!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics