Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2015, 04:27 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,610,448 times

Advertisements

Inspired by PatsCats Questions, since most of us have never been, let's have a masquerade ball!

1 - What will your character be?

2 - Describe your costume:

3 - Where should the Ball be held? In a castle in the mountains, or on a dance floor by the ocean, or someplace else?

4 - The orchestra will play at least one waltz. Can you waltz?

5 - What is the fanciest kind of food you can think of, so we can serve it?

6 - What is the tastiest beverage you can think of, so we can serve it?

7 - There will be special entertainment. Pick three of these for our Ball: Acrobats, Baton Twirlers, Carolers, Dogs (trained), Elephants on parade, Fireworks, German dancers, Hula Dancers, Ice sculptors, Judy and Punch show, Kaleidoscopes for everyone, Light show, Mikado (scene from), Nothing (just food and dancing), Old time fiddlin', Pinatas, Reindeer sleigh rides, Seers foretelling, Tamborines played by gypsies, Violin players, or Weightlifters.

8 - Who will you you kiss at midnight?

9 - Will you take off your mask at midnight?

10 - What else should we have at our masquerade ball?

Thanks for the idea, PatsCats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 05:07 PM

2,322 posts, read 923,943 times
Inspired by PatsCats Questions, since most of us have never been, let's have a masquerade ball!

1 - What will your character be? Lord Sancho de Cabeza de Vaca. The debonair, womanizing robber baron. Desired by women (and some men), envied by men and feared and respected by all.

2 - Describe your costume: I want my outfit to look like it belongs on a gay pirate with thigh high boots, ruffles on the sleeves of my sheer blouse, tassels everywhere. There will be dark leather and lace wherever there is an opening. I want to put all of this together while still exuding heterosexuality.

3 - Where should the Ball be held? In a castle in the mountains, or on a dance floor by the ocean, or someplace else? In the castle of the Countess Von something or other. Definitely castle.

4 - The orchestra will play at least one waltz. Can you waltz? No. I can quickly learn or fake it.

5 - What is the fanciest kind of food you can think of, so we can serve it? Foie gras and caviar.

6 - What is the tastiest beverage you can think of, so we can serve it? Kopi luwak or civet coffee, refers to the coffee that includes part-digested coffee cherries eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet.

7 - There will be special entertainment. Pick three of these for our Ball: Acrobats, Baton Twirlers, Carolers, Dogs (trained), Elephants on parade, Fireworks, German dancers, Hula Dancers, Ice sculptors, Judy and Punch show, Kaleidoscopes for everyone, Light show, Mikado (scene from), Nothing (just food and dancing), Old time fiddlin', Pinatas, Reindeer sleigh rides, Seers foretelling, Tamborines played by gypsies, Violin players, or Weightlifters.

8 - Who will you you kiss at midnight? Countess Von what's her face ... or her chambermaid... probably both.

9 - Will you take off your mask at midnight? Yes, yes I will.

10 - What else should we have at our masquerade ball? Surprises. Lots and lots of surprises

Old 12-30-2015, 10:18 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
quote=601halfdozen0theother;42453512]Inspired by PatsCats Questions, since most of us have never been, let's have a masquerade ball!

1 - What will your character be? I will be a giant chipmunk.

2 - Describe your costume: Chipmunk-ish.

3 - Where should the Ball be held? In a castle in the mountains, or on a dance floor by the ocean, or someplace else? I vote ocean.

4 - The orchestra will play at least one waltz. Can you waltz? Chipmunks can do anything they set their mind to.

5 - What is the fanciest kind of food you can think of, so we can serve it? Faint-see chocolates.

6 - What is the tastiest beverage you can think of, so we can serve it? Punch (and Judy)

8 - Who will you you kiss at midnight? My better half, or i'm in trouble!

9 - Will you take off your mask at midnight?

10 - What else should we have at our masquerade ball? Stay up until the stars come out, after the fireworks.

Thanx, 601.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:34 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,653,458 times
601halfdozen0theother;42453512]Inspired by PatsCats Questions, since most of us have never been, let's have a masquerade ball!

1 - What will your character be? A turtle.

2 - Describe your costume: Shellish/domelike.

3 - Where should the Ball be held? In a castle in the mountains, or on a dance floor by the ocean, or someplace else? On a desert oasis.

4 - The orchestra will play at least one waltz. Can you waltz? Yes but I like slow dancing better.

5 - What is the fanciest kind of food you can think of, so we can serve it? Carrotnip w/escargot dip.

6 - What is the tastiest beverage you can think of, so we can serve it? Snailale.

8 - Who will you you kiss at midnight? It's spouse or else it's doomsday.

9 - Will you take off your mask at midnight? Have you seen my profile picture, don't want to scare everyone away.

10 - What else should we have at our masquerade ball? Cots to crash on.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:35 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,610,448 times
1 - What will your character be? Queen of dragons.

2 - Describe your costume: A dragon head and wings with a nice women's body in blue silk.

3 - Where should the Ball be held? In a castle in the mountains, or on a dance floor by the ocean, or someplace else? I like castles, but there's more room for dragon wings by the ocean.

4 - The orchestra will play at least one waltz. Can you waltz? One two three, one two three.

5 - What is the fanciest kind of food you can think of, so we can serve it? Lobster and caviar and swiss chocolates and green tea sorbet.

6 - What is the tastiest beverage you can think of, so we can serve it? Iced barely sweetened limeade.

8 - Who will you you kiss at midnight? I'll say what I said for the 31st questions: Ser Jorah or Khal Drogo.

9 - Will you take off your mask at midnight? I'd better - don't think dragons get kisses.

10 - What else should we have at our masquerade ball? Thanks for coming, everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics