Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 08:14 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,989,349 times

Advertisements

Well, I just spent the most pleasant Thanksgiving mostly out on the deck with the grill smoking a pork loin and all of my guests sitting with their faces to the sun, drinking some sparkling wine and just marveling really at the warmth! It was 70F! Then the next day after cleaning everything up, I ended up outside again and decided to take advantage of the sun by wearing just my underwear and then washing the windows from the outside (no one can see me in that condition...no worries!). It felt soooo good! Then today I finished a two day leaf and debris removal from my rain gutters and trimmed some bushes that are now easy to trim because all the leaves are gone..and then I read the forecast... It looks like a lot of the country will be in the Ice Age here in the coming days and I wonder if everyone's aware of what's coming???
Detailed ten-day forecast °F | °C
Day Forecast Description Precip chance
Today
Nov 26

Details Cloudy
Hi: 68° Lo: 54°
Day: Cloudy skies. High 68F, humidity 50%. Winds S at 15 to 20 mph.
3%
Night: Cloudy skies. Low 54F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
5%
Tomorrow
Nov 27

Details Sprinkles
Hi: 68° Lo: 56°
Day: Chance of moderate rain showers with slight chance of thunder. High 68F, humidity 55%. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
30%
Night: Chance of moderate rain showers with slight chance of thunder. Low 56F. Winds S at 15 to 20 mph.
45%
Tuesday
Nov 28 AM Rain
Hi: 68° Lo: 28°
Chance of thunder with moderate rain showers. High 68F and low 28F. Winds S at 15 to 20 mph.
50%
Wednesday
Nov 29 Rain
Hi: 61° Lo: 18° Likely thunder with moderate rain showers. High 61F and low 18F. Winds N at 15 to 20 mph.
75%
Thursday
Nov 30 AM Ice / Snow
Hi: 33° Lo: 20°
Chance of moderate snow. High 33F and low 20F. Winds N at 15 to 20 mph.
30%
Friday
Dec 01 Clear
Hi: 38° Lo: 22°
Sunny skies. High 38F and low 22F.
5%
Saturday
Dec 02 Clear
Hi: 43° Lo: 24°
Sunny skies. High 43F and low 24F.
10%
Sunday
Dec 03 Clear
Hi: 44° Lo: 15°
Mostly clear skies. High 44F and low 15F.
15%
Monday
Dec 04 PM Clouds
Hi: 34° Lo: 22°
Partly cloudy skies. High 34F and low 22F.
50%
Tuesday
Dec 05 Fair
Hi: 40° Lo: 29°
Mostly clear skies. High 40F and low 29F.
50%

I am so glad I took advantage of the unusual warmth and sunshine while it was here! I will miss it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2006, 08:26 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,623,287 times
Well, I know that it will get cooler later this week, for though of us here in the FL Panhandle, with some lows in the 30's. Today was nice, though. Got up to 70. My husband and I enjoyed it by going to one of our local fishing ponds, and flipping some ****, etc., to the bass. Not that they are really interested, right now. It's a bit too cool for them, and they are sluggish, but it was still fun, and it was just nice being out there, watching the ducks, turtles, and the herons.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:48 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,397,267 times
I was just watching the weather report on the local news (this is in DC for the record) and they were showing a national map of the current temperatures (at around 11:15PM EST) and it was 50 here in DC and mostly in the 50s elsewhere in the East, a few 40s out towards Chicago and the Upper Midwest and then I look over and see Denver at 23, and look above that and see Great Falls, Montana at 1. ONE degree. Then they said that the high there today was TWO! Yikes. Thankfully, we've got a couple more days of temperatures in the 60s here. Then it dips into the mid to upper 50s on Friday and Saturday (still above average) and then down into the mid to upper 40s after that. So I guess it won't be as much of a cold front by the time it makes it's way over here, but still, I'm not looking forward to the morning ice-scraping off of my car.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:57 AM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Oh please send it my way!!!! It's supposed to get cooler here by the weekend. But then it will get hot again, the weather is up and down here this time of year and it more up than down.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:06 AM

8,956 posts, read 20,382,577 times
We live in Parker, 28 miles southeast of Denver. This morning our temp was 23degrees and this coming Wednesday our daytime high will be 20. Oh well, we aren't in the Summer or Spring months.......it is still Winter no matter what some daytime temps might be.
I have told people all the time, it's nice to have warm weather during the Winter, but just don't get use to it, we are still in our Winter months here.....it will all change. And, sure enough!!!
Just think about some of the "recently arrived" Southern California people who have moved here to the Denver metro area. Some people here say, "awe, the weather isn't that bad here......we get a lot of sunshine". OK, tell that to a person who was born/raised in Southern California/L.A. who is not even close to being use to cold weather.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:14 AM

169 posts, read 678,971 times
Yup, I saw that on the news last night. It's been in the upper 70's here, nice and warm. This weekend we're supposed to have highs in the 50's.. which I know is warm to alot of you, but it will be cold for me! I'll be working outside at the harbour during our annual Dickens Festival.. I hope it won't be too cold that I'll have to cover up my costume with a modern coat!

And MoMark... brr! I surely don't miss those temps at all. The cold is the one thing I'll never miss about Missouri.. although I do miss the snow. Go figure.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:19 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,989,349 times
You're so right Loveboating. For me, once we're solidly in winter, I can handle it and enjoy it. I love snowy days both from inside the house looking out to being out in it and even at the age of 44 I still stick my tongue out to catch snowflakes -even in public! ... Or give a quick burst of speed on a sprint and then abruptly stop so I can slide over the ice like an ice surfer, me and my big bad shoes But the warmth was soooooooooooo nice and so unexpectedly lengthy after a very cold October and beginning of November and I was able to take advantage of the sun (even got some color!) and get extensive yardwork done that I don't like doing when it's cold. Like trimming bushes. This past summer I had a lot of fast growing bushes that got out of control and I didn't want to tackle them because they were so awkwardly bushy and a pain to hack at and drag off, but now they're bare and all I have to do is snip snip and drag the sticks off..much easier! And with the warmth, I've been out in my undershirts and just jeans or sweatpants and really enjoyed it! Now I have to prepare myself for the cold and I kind of always dread it at first...then acclimate...then enjoy it
We must have been posting at the same time txgrl Have fun at the harbor

Old 11-27-2006, 09:39 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
I was walking around the Chitlin' Strut on Saturday in a sleeveless shirt. Went to a hunt breakfast/charity auction yesterday in a light sweatshirt. They are calling for rain & cold by Wed night, but not as cold as MO. High's in the low 50's, which I enjoy.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:41 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,274,525 times
I think the lowest temp we're looking at is an overnight low of 9 and it's snowing now.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:12 PM

169 posts, read 678,971 times
9?! Yipes just thinking about that makes me cold.

Thanks MoMark, I'm sure it'll be a blast even if it does get a bit nippy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics