Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 06:37 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,876,628 times

Advertisements

Happy Monday December 26, everybody-and welcome to QOTD (for the final Monday of 2016).

Today’s Question:
Do you re-use wrapping paper, ribbon, or decorative containers (from gifts you've received) ? Tins, bags, nice ribbon, not wrapping paper. Our family tends to be of the kind to rip and tear.

Extra Credit:
If you call a phone number and the person doesn’t answer, do you leave a message ? Always.
If so, is that via text msg, voicemail/answering machine, typing in a callback number, or another option ?

Bonus:
Have you ever had frostbite ? Thankfully, never.
Do your window panes get frost on them in winter ? Sometimes
Do you ever put a mug or glass in fridge/freezer to chill, before filling it with a cold drink ? There are some mugs in the freezer right now.
Do you ever warm plates in the oven (at low temp. of course) before serving a hot meal on them ? Have never done this.

Just for Fun:
At home, while cooking/eating, have you…
-gotten hair in your food ?
-gotten food in your hair ?

Today’s Word:
pomander /pōˈmandər,ˈpōˌmandər/ (n.): An aromatic/fragrant perforated sphere holding dried spices, herbs, flowers.
Example: an orange poked full of cloves.

Today Is:
National Thank-you Note Day
National Candy Cane Day
Boxing Day (UK)
(first day of) Kwanzaa

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at top right corner-
Confetti!

Thought for the Day:
“No choice recurs. We may get similar choices again, but never that exact one. Hesitation-inaction-is just as irrevocable as action.”
-Brian Christian and Tom Griffiths True!

Wishing you an expedient and expeditious conclusion to the year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 06:40 AM

7,436 posts, read 5,541,641 times
Today’s Question:
Do you re-use wrapping paper, ribbon, or decorative containers (from gifts you've received) ? I save the gitft bags.

Extra Credit:
If you call a phone number and the person doesn’t answer, do you leave a message ? Yes
If so, is that via text msg, voicemail/answering machine, typing in a callback number, or another option ? Text or voicemail.

Bonus:
Have you ever had frostbite ? Yes
Do your window panes get frost on them in winter ? Yes
Do you ever put a mug or glass in fridge/freezer to chill, before filling it with a cold drink ? No
Do you ever warm plates in the oven (at low temp. of course) before serving a hot meal on them ? No

Just for Fun:
-gotten hair in your food ? Yes
-gotten food in your hair ? Yes

Old 12-26-2016, 06:51 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,975,452 times
Today’s Question:
Do you re-use wrapping paper, ribbon, or decorative containers (from gifts you've received) ?If I can...yes.

Extra Credit:
If you call a phone number and the person doesn’t answer, do you leave a message ?not always
If so, is that via text msg, voicemail/answering machine, typing in a callback number, or another option ?voice

Bonus:
Have you ever had frostbite ?no
Do your window panes get frost on them in winter ?yes
Do you ever put a mug or glass in fridge/freezer to chill, before filling it with a cold drink ?no
Do you ever warm plates in the oven (at low temp. of course) before serving a hot meal on them ?no

Just for Fun:
-gotten hair in your food ?yes
-gotten food in your hair ?yes

Old 12-26-2016, 06:53 AM

8,002 posts, read 5,448,925 times
Today’s Question:
Do you re-use wrapping paper, ribbon, or decorative containers (from gifts you've received) ? Sure, if it is salvageable, why not? The decorative paper bag my cousin gave me wine in last year, she got it back this year with wine for her. Recycle/Reuse is the name of the game. I am not obsessive about it, but if it is perfectly fine there is no reason not to use it again.

Extra Credit:
If you call a phone number and the person doesn’t answer, do you leave a message ? Depends
If so, is that via text msg, voicemail/answering machine, typing in a callback number, or another option ?
Depends on the situation
Bonus:
Have you ever had frostbite ? Close to it
Do your window panes get frost on them in winter ?
Do you ever put a mug or glass in fridge/freezer to chill, before filling it with a cold drink ?
Do you ever warm plates in the oven (at low temp. of course) before serving a hot meal on them ?

Just for Fun:

Today Is:
National Candy Cane Day
Boxing Day (UK)
(first day of) Kwanzaa

Time to clean up the mess the Christmas Cyclone left! Wishing you a wonderful day!

Old 12-26-2016, 07:12 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,668,874 times
Today’s Question:
Do you re-use wrapping paper, ribbon, or decorative containers (from gifts you've received) ?have done

Extra Credit:
If you call a phone number and the person doesn’t answer, do you leave a message ?usually - not always for work due to privacy rules
If so, is that via text msg, voicemail/answering machine, typing in a callback number, or another option ?if I call someone it'll be a voice message

Bonus:
Have you ever had frostbite ?no
Do your window panes get frost on them in winter ?i forget
Do you ever put a mug or glass in fridge/freezer to chill, before filling it with a cold drink ?have done
Do you ever warm plates in the oven (at low temp. of course) before serving a hot meal on them ?no but my mom does

Just for Fun:
-gotten hair in your food ? eww no I don't think so
-gotten food in your hair ? actually I think maybe so when I was younger and had a meltdown during a baking disaster

Thanks and have a great week everyone!

Old 12-26-2016, 07:38 AM

36,547 posts, read 16,141,023 times
Today’s Question:
Do you re-use wrapping paper, ribbon, or decorative containers (from gifts you've received) ?
I keep the bags and this year the tissue paper to wrap some of my ornaments when I put them away!
Extra Credit:
If you call a phone number and the person doesn’t answer, do you leave a message ? Depends on the person.
If so, is that via text msg, voicemail/answering machine, typing in a callback number, or another option ? I'll leave a voice mail if it's important.

Bonus:
Have you ever had frostbite ?
Do you ever put a mug or glass in fridge/freezer to chill, before filling it with a cold drink ?
Do you ever warm plates in the oven (at low temp. of course) before serving a hot meal on them ?

Just for Fun:

Old 12-26-2016, 08:09 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,436,415 times
Today’s Question:
Do you re-use wrapping paper, ribbon, or decorative containers (from gifts you've received) ?
Don't tell anyone but I've been known to iron tissue paper for reuse in gift bags.
Extra Credit:
If you call a phone number and the person doesn’t answer, do you leave a message ?
Yes, all of the above.

Bonus: Have you ever had frostbite ?
No but I came close when we lived in New Your.
They do.
No, oddly, the temperature of food and drink have never made any difference to me.

Just for Fun:
I don't think so.

Today in History:
1898: Marie and Pierre Curie announce their discovery of the element radium
1930: Birth of actor Donald Moffat (“The Thing”, Tales of the City)
1956: Birth of author & humorist David Sedaris (Holidays on Ice)
1961: Birth of actor John Lynch (“Sliding Doors”)
1986: Birth of actor Christopher Catesby “Kit” Harington (Game of Thrones)
1991: Birth of actress Eden Sher (The Middle)
1999: Windstorm Lothar hits western Europe, inflicting fatalities & decimating infrastructure

Today’s Word:
pomander /pōˈmandər,ˈpōˌmandər/ (n.): An aromatic/fragrant perforated sphere holding dried spices, herbs, flowers.

Today Is:
National Candy Cane Day
Boxing Day (UK)
(first day of) Kwanzaa

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
“No choice recurs. We may get similar choices again, but never that exact one. Hesitation-inaction-is just as irrevocable as action.”
-Brian Christian and Tom Griffiths

Thank you, cloven.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:29 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,875,863 times
[quote=cloven;46618958]Happy Monday December 26, everybody-and welcome to QOTD (for the final Monday of 2016).

Today’s Question:
I reuse those gift bags.
Extra Credit:
If you call a phone number and the person doesn’t answer, do you leave a message ?If it's important, yes.
All of the above.
Bonus:
Have you ever had frostbite ?No.
Do your window panes get frost on them in winter ?Yes, on the outside.
Do you ever put a mug or glass in fridge/freezer to chill, before filling it with a cold drink ?No.
Do you ever warm plates in the oven (at low temp. of course) before serving a hot meal on them ?No.

Just for Fun:
-gotten hair in your food ? Yes
-gotten food in your hair ? Yes

Today in History:
1898: Marie and Pierre Curie announce their discovery of the element radium
1930: Birth of actor Donald Moffat (“The Thing”, Tales of the City)
1956: Birth of author & humorist David Sedaris (Holidays on Ice)
1961: Birth of actor John Lynch (“Sliding Doors”)
1986: Birth of actor Christopher Catesby “Kit” Harington (Game of Thrones)
1991: Birth of actress Eden Sher (The Middle)
1999: Windstorm Lothar hits western Europe, inflicting fatalities & decimating infrastructure

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
National Candy Cane Day
Boxing Day (UK)
(first day of) Kwanzaa

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:

Thanks Cloven dear one. We had to cancel our checking account on Friday because an envelope arrived without a check. On Saturday the card and the check was returned by the post office We have to get John's pension check rerouted today and notify the utilities. We have them taken out every month which works great. Especially if you're out of town. What a pain in the arse. Off to ice skate. I hope you all had a marvelous Christmas.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:58 AM
bjh

60,440 posts, read 30,627,493 times
Today’s Question:
Have never re-used wrapping paper, gets torn and wrinkled, doesn't fit new gifts, but we almost never use it anymore.
Ribbon, only use the preformed bows. They are re-usable, so yes.
Containers, like bags, easy to use and to re-use, yes.

Extra Credit:
If you call a phone number and the person doesn’t answer, do you leave a message ? More often than not.
If so, is that via text msg, voicemail/answering machine, typing in a callback number, or another option ? Voicemail.

Bonus:
Have you ever had frostbite ? No.
Do your window panes get frost on them in winter ? Just condensation.
Do you ever put a mug or glass in fridge/freezer to chill, before filling it with a cold drink ? Nope.
Do you ever warm plates in the oven (at low temp. of course) before serving a hot meal on them ? Nope.

Just for Fun:

Today’s Word:

Thought for the Day:
Took two guys to come up with that.

Thx. Cloven

Old 12-26-2016, 10:42 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,240,618 times
Today’s Question:
Not usually.
Extra Credit:
If you call a phone number and the person doesn’t answer, do you leave a message ? Yes
Through the answering machine
Bonus:
Have you ever had frostbite ? No
Do your window panes get frost on them in winter ? Sometimes
Do you ever put a mug or glass in fridge/freezer to chill, before filling it with a cold drink ? No
Do you ever warm plates in the oven (at low temp. of course) before serving a hot meal on them ? No

Just for Fun:
N/A, I don't cook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics