Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 09:00 PM

44,386 posts, read 20,111,153 times

Advertisements

Hi, boys and girls! It's time once again for some questions and other stuff - a great way for us to get to know one another a little better and have a bit of fun in the process. Welcome one and all. Scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Not counting speaking in person, what is your preferred method of keeping in touch with friends and/or family (e.g., email, texts, phone calls, Facebook, etc.)?

If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office?

Do you ever watch programs on PBS? If so, do you have a favorite PBS series?

When was the last time you watched a program on TV?

If your TV is on right now, what program is showing?

How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? How many of them are presently turned on?

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees?

What species of trees are common in your area?

Have you ever climbed a tree?

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? If so, tell us about them.

When was the last time it rained in your neighborhood?

Have you ever picked a wildflower?

When was the last time you saw an insect, and what was it?

FOOD QUESTIONS!

I have a big pot of homemade chicken soup simmering on the stove right now. The house smells so good!

Have you ever made soup from scratch?

Have you ever purchased a soup kit (bag with all the fixings you need to make soup)?

If so, did you add some ingredients of your own choosing?

Homemade or not, what's your favorite type of soup?

SOME FUN STUFF!

Change or add a word or two in each of these classic novel titles:

A Tale of Two Cities

To Kill A Mockingbird

The Scarlet Letter

The Catcher in the Rye

Don Quixote

The Call of the Wild

JUST A FEW MORE QUESTIONS

Do you ever wear gloves? If so, when was the last time you wore them?

What is the longest period of time you've gone without wearing socks?

What time do you usually go to bed at night?

Speaking of bedtime, it's almost that time for me. My alarm goes off at 5:50 a.m. (That's torture for me!) Until next time, then, happy Tuesday to you all. Have a great day and be sure to smile at a stranger. A tiny gesture of kindness can lift someone else's spirits as well as your own.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:02 PM

44,661 posts, read 61,743,803 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Not counting speaking in person, what is your preferred method of keeping in touch with friends and/or family (e.g., email, texts, phone calls, Facebook, etc.)? Phone.

If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office? Call

Do you ever watch programs on PBS? Yes. If so, do you have a favorite PBS series? Nova

When was the last time you watched a program on TV? Right now.

If your TV is on right now, what program is showing? Hogan's Hero's

How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? 3 How many of them are presently turned on? 1

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees? Yep.

What species of trees are common in your area? Palm, mesquite, paloverde, and 60 other types.

Have you ever climbed a tree? Yes.

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? If so, tell us about them. Roses, lantana, and some cacti.

When was the last time it rained in your neighborhood? Right this minute it's pouring.

Have you ever picked a wildflower? Yes.

When was the last time you saw an insect, and what was it? Cootie.

FOOD QUESTIONS!

I have a big pot of homemade chicken soup simmering on the stove right now. The house smells so good!

Have you ever made soup from scratch? Yes.

Have you ever purchased a soup kit (bag with all the fixings you need to make soup)?

Homemade or not, what's your favorite type of soup? Split pea.

SOME FUN STUFF!

A Tale of Two Cities I've been to.

To Kill A Mockingbird or two.

The Scarlet Letter sent to me.

The Catcher in the Rye Toast.

Don Quixote did it.

The Call of the Wild Goose.

Do you ever wear gloves? Yes. If so, when was the last time you wore them? Yesterday.

8+ hours while sleeping.

What time do you usually go to bed at night? Midnight give or take an hour or 2.

Speaking of bedtime, it's almost that time for me. My alarm goes off at 5:50 a.m. (That's torture for me!) Until next time, then, happy Tuesday to you all. Have a great day and be sure to smile at a stranger. A tiny gesture of kindness can lift someone else's spirits as well as your own.

Last edited by wit-nit; 02-27-2017 at 09:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 09:38 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,922,500 times
Hi, boys and girls! It's time once again for some questions and other stuff - a great way for us to get to know one another a little better and have a bit of fun in the process. Welcome one and all. Scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Not counting speaking in person, what is your preferred method of keeping in touch with friends and/or family (e.g., email, texts, phone calls, Facebook, etc.)? phone calls

If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office? I talk with the doctor in person at a checkup.

Do you ever watch programs on PBS? If so, do you have a favorite PBS series? At times, but I can't remember which programs or shows right now.

When was the last time you watched a program on TV? I just came from the tv in the family room........... so about three minutes ago.

If your TV is on right now, what program is showing? Don Lemon w/ CNN news

How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? How many of them are presently turned on? Two and they both are on.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees? Yes, but I've never dated any.

What species of trees are common in your area? mesquite, palo verde, elm, pine

Have you ever climbed a tree? Yes a number of times.

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? If so, tell us about them. yes,

When was the last time it rained in your neighborhood? it's raining right now and will be tomorrow as well.

Have you ever picked a wildflower? yes

When was the last time you saw an insect, and what was it? a week ago, it was a bee

FOOD QUESTIONS!

Have you ever made soup from scratch? Yes, I like to make potato soup like my mom made and Mrs Aks make vegetable beef soup. She just made some last weekend.

Have you ever purchased a soup kit (bag with all the fixings you need to make soup)? yes, but we always add to it.

If so, did you add some ingredients of your own choosing? Yes..

Homemade or not, what's your favorite type of soup? vegetable beef or chili are at the top of my list.

SOME FUN STUFF!

A Tale of Two Cities

To Kill A Mockingbird

The Scarlet Letter

The Catcher in the Rye

Don Quixote

The Call of the Wild

Do you ever wear gloves? yes If so, when was the last time you wore them? last week when I was doing some yard work in the back.......

What is the longest period of time you've gone without wearing socks? last night when I was in the shower......

What time do you usually go to bed at night? 10:30pm

Thanks Pam for the questions and the comment at the end about "gestures". It's so true.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 02-27-2017 at 09:55 PM..

Old 02-27-2017, 10:02 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,938,543 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Not counting speaking in person, what is your preferred method of keeping in touch with friends and/or family (e.g., email, texts, phone calls, Facebook, etc.)?
I guess i would reluctantly say Facebook these days.
If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office?
I would ask the doctor during a visit.
Not these days. Rarely, anyway.
I watched a little while back in the bedroom. Whatever my wife was watching.
Jimmy Idiot.
How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? How many of them are presently turned on?
Six. Only one is on.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees?

Oak, Mesquite, Pecan, Mulberry and many more.

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? If so, tell us about them.
My Mountain Laurel bloomed earlier than usual. I have some Vinca and kalonchoes blooming. My Esperanza's haven't recovered from the hard freeze yet.

a few days.

Last time i was outside. Moths, bees, butterflies...etc.

FOOD QUESTIONS!

15 bean soup...
Always!
Probably tortilla soup or chicken noodle.

SOME FUN STUFF!

A Tale of Two border Cities

To Kill A Mockingbird without trying.

The Scarlet Johannson Letter

The Fly Catcher in the Rye

Don Juan Quixote

The Cell Call of the Wild

Just when handling thorny limbs from my lemon trees.
Not too long. Probably while sleeping.
About 2AM these days.

Speaking of bedtime, it's almost that time for me. My alarm goes off at 5:50 a.m. (That's torture for me!) Until next time, then, happy Tuesday to you all. Have a great day and be sure to smile at a stranger. A tiny gesture of kindness can lift someone else's spirits as well as your own. Thanks, I'll ask someone to be kind to me tomorrow.
Thanks Pam! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 02-27-2017 at 10:24 PM..

Old 02-27-2017, 11:36 PM

38,970 posts, read 22,975,788 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Not counting speaking in person, what is your preferred method of keeping in touch with friends and/or family (e.g., email, texts, phone calls, Facebook, etc.)? Email, even when I'm up late.

If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office? Ask whenever I'm there.

Do you ever watch programs on PBS? No. If so, do you have a favorite PBS series? No.

When was the last time you watched a program on TV? A few hours ago.

If your TV is on right now, what program is showing? TV is off for the night.

How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? 3 How many of them are presently turned on? 3

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees? Yes.

What species of trees are common in your area? Various palm trees, eucalyptus, oak and cottonwood.

Have you ever climbed a tree? When I was a kid.

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? Yes. If so, tell us about them. I have jasmines and these pink ones I don't know the name of.

When was the last time it rained in your neighborhood? This morning.

Have you ever picked a wildflower? I'm sure I have in the past.

When was the last time you saw an insect, and what was it? Earlier this morning. A few ants in my bathroom.

FOOD QUESTIONS!

I have a big pot of homemade chicken soup simmering on the stove right now. The house smells so good! Yum!

Have you ever made soup from scratch? With some help.

Have you ever purchased a soup kit (bag with all the fixings you need to make soup)? No.

Homemade or not, what's your favorite type of soup? Chicken with vegetables.

SOME FUN STUFF!

A Map of Two Cities

To Photograph A Mockingbird

The Scarlet Fever Outbreak

The Patty Melt in the Rye

Don Quixote Teaches Spanish

The Call of the Wild Blue Yonder

Do you ever wear gloves? When doing yard work. If so, when was the last time you wore them? Late last year.

What is the longest period of time you've gone without wearing socks? 24 hours when on vacation.

What time do you usually go to bed at night? Between 11:30 p.m. and midnight, 7 days a week.

Speaking of bedtime, it's almost that time for me. My alarm goes off at 5:50 a.m. (That's torture for me!) Until next time, then, happy Tuesday to you all. Have a great day and be sure to smile at a stranger. A tiny gesture of kindness can lift someone else's spirits as well as your own. Yes, the Golden Rule never goes out of style.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Old 02-28-2017, 12:01 AM

21,585 posts, read 8,757,714 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Facebook or e-mail. I really don't like talking on the phone.
My former doctor was very old-school. He wasn't online and there wasn't even a computer in the office. His assistant used an electric typewriter for billing. It was easy to reach him by phone, and he sometimes even picked up calls himself when his assistant was busy. Then he retired. My new doctor is not quite as accessible but he does have an online portal where you can message him.
I sometimes watch their nightly news program. I also like American Experience and Live from Lincoln Center.
I'm watching right now.
The 10 O'Clock News.
Four, and it's night so they're all turned on.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees?
Yes, I live in a forested neighborhood and I really love the trees.

Eucalyptus, juniper, cedar, Monterey pine

No, I'm too short!

No flowers. I can barely keep houseplants alive.

Sunday night

Yes
I saw a spider last week.

FOOD QUESTIONS!

Yes, it's not that hard to do, and the results are well worth it.
Yes, but I probably won't do that again. Soup is better made with fresh ingredients.
No, the mix had everything included.
Split pea with ham, but I also love chicken noodle or chicken rice, white bean, minestrone, potato soup, tomato soup (not Campbell's) and avgolemono, which is Greek egg and lemon soup. The most unusual soup I've ever had was cherry soup at a Hungarian restaurant, and that was really good.

SOME FUN STUFF!

A Tail of Two Kitties

To Diss A Mockingbird

The Scarlet Letter Carrier

The Ketchup in the Rice

Donald Quixote

The Cell Phone of the Wild

I rarely wear gloves except on the coldest days. Last time I wore them was in December or early January.
Only when I am wearing sandals or slides, which is not very often except at home. Longest period of time? A few hours.
About 2 am unless I have an early appointment the next day, "early" meaning anytime before 12 noon.

Thanks, Pam!

Old 02-28-2017, 12:57 AM

11,390 posts, read 9,310,884 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

- Mostly telephone. I don't text (no device anyway) and I am not on Facebook.

If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office? - If it came to that I go see her....

Do you ever watch programs on PBS? If so, do you have a favorite PBS series? - N/A

When was the last time you watched a program on TV? - About 3 years

If your TV is on right now, what program is showing? - N/A

How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? How many of them are presently turned on? - The 2 on my ceiling fan but the fan part is currently off.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees? - Sure

What species of trees are common in your area? - D/K

Have you ever climbed a tree? - A few times as a kid.

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? If so, tell us about them. - N/A

When was the last time it rained in your neighborhood? - Saturday

Have you ever picked a wildflower? - I do not think so

When was the last time you saw an insect, and what was it? -- Something crawling on the inside of my windshield yesterday. Looked like a small spider.

FOOD QUESTIONS!

- Yes

Have you ever purchased a soup kit (bag with all the fixings you need to make soup)? - No

If so, did you add some ingredients of your own choosing? - N/A

Homemade or not, what's your favorite type of soup? - Lentil

SOME FUN STUFF!

A Tale of Two Cities - A Tale of Twin Cities

To Kill A Mockingbird - Don't kill the Mockingbird

The Scarlet Letter - The Dear John Letter

The Catcher in the Rye - The Catcher on the Baseball Team

Don Quixote - Don Knotts

The Call of the Wild - The Wild, The Beautiful, and the Damned - (Ultravox song)

Do you ever wear gloves? If so, when was the last time you wore them? - Maybe twice this season. It's been unusually warm for this time of year.

What is the longest period of time you've gone without wearing socks? - Not long...

What time do you usually go to bed at night? - It depends. Usually about 11 PM. (2300)

Speaking of bedtime, it's almost that time for me. My alarm goes off at 5:50 a.m. (That's torture for me!) Until next time, then, happy Tuesday to you all. Have a great day and be sure to smile at a stranger. A tiny gesture of kindness can lift someone else's spirits as well as your own. - Nice!
Well done with the Questions.

Happy Tuesday to all!

Old 02-28-2017, 01:04 AM

3,087 posts, read 1,691,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office? Usually I send a fax, and either they fax the answer back or occasionally call me.

Do you ever watch programs on PBS? If so, do you have a favorite PBS series? Watched a travel show not long ago. But it's not a channel I often watch.

When was the last time you watched a program on TV? Tonight

If your TV is on right now, what program is showing? Perry Mason

How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? How many of them are presently turned on? 10, including the chandelier, and 3 are currently lit.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees? To an extent; not a big tree hugger like more Pacific Northwesterners.

What species of trees are common in your area? Doug Fir, plum, poplar, birch, pine.

Have you ever climbed a tree? As a kid.

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? If so, tell us about them. Oh, heck, no! Hyacinths and tulips are just now poking up through the ground. Few things bloom that early here.

When was the last time it rained in your neighborhood? Yesterday. This is THE wettest February on record here.

Have you ever picked a wildflower? Yes

FOOD QUESTIONS!

Have you ever made soup from scratch? Once

Have you ever purchased a soup kit (bag with all the fixings you need to make soup)? Nope

Homemade or not, what's your favorite type of soup? Vegetable beef, clam chowder, and potato.

SOME FUN STUFF!

A Tale of Two Royalties

To Kill A Relative

The Blackmail Letter

The Catcher in the Ravine

Don .......

The Call of the Lunatics

Do you ever wear gloves? If so, when was the last time you wore them? Yes, and yesterday morning.

What is the longest period of time you've gone without wearing socks? Hard to tell. A couple of weeks, perhaps.

What time do you usually go to bed at night? 12:30 am

Thanks, PJ.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:24 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,883 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Not counting speaking in person, what is your preferred method of keeping in touch with friends and/or family (e.g., email, texts, phone calls, Facebook, etc.)? Email these days. I never liked talking on the phone much, don't text and don't have a Facebook account.

If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office? Call

Do you ever watch programs on PBS? If so, do you have a favorite PBS series? PBS was one of the few channels I watched. I liked cooking shows, This Old House, history, period pieces.

When was the last time you watched a program on TV? At my daughter's house over a week ago.

If your TV is on right now, what program is showing? TV is not on.

How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? How many of them are presently turned on? Four, one turned on.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees? I love trees. Last Sunday I went for a drive and ended up on a narrow dirt road much like the one I live on. Though my road is lined with trees, beyond them are open fields. This road was closed in on both sides with forest.

What species of trees are common in your area? Oak, maple, pine

Have you ever climbed a tree? Many, many times

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? If so, tell us about them. Though warm last week, the fields are still covered in snow.

When was the last time it rained in your neighborhood? Last Saturday. The wind was blowing so hard, I'm surprised we didn't lose power.

Have you ever picked a wildflower? Always have bouquets of wildflowers in the summer.

With the warmish weather last week there were a few ladybugs zipping around my house.

FOOD QUESTIONS!

I have a big pot of homemade chicken soup simmering on the stove right now. The house smells so good! Jealous......

Have you ever made soup from scratch? Always. Never eat canned soup anymore.

Have you ever purchased a soup kit (bag with all the fixings you need to make soup)? Have, from Habitat for Humanity fundraisers.

If so, did you add some ingredients of your own choosing? Oh, it's been so long. Probably, but I don't remember.

Homemade or not, what's your favorite type of soup? Squash and Apple Bisque or Broccoli Cheddar

SOME FUN STUFF!

An Allegory of Two Cities

To Destroy A Mockingbird

The Crimson Letter

The Quarterback in the Rye

Don Glover

The Summon of the Wild

Do you ever wear gloves? If so, when was the last time you wore them? Wore red leather gloves yesterday

What is the longest period of time you've gone without wearing socks? Weeks, maybe months.

What time do you usually go to bed at night? When I'm tired. Last night it was 8:30 because I hadn't slept the night before. May be the same tonight if I can't get back to sleep.

Speaking of bedtime, it's almost that time for me. My alarm goes off at 5:50 a.m. (That's torture for me!) Until next time, then, happy Tuesday to you all. Have a great day and be sure to smile at a stranger. A tiny gesture of kindness can lift someone else's spirits as well as your own. Thanks, Pam!

Old 02-28-2017, 02:50 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,394,994 times
Good morning everyone...

Not counting speaking in person, what is your preferred method of keeping in touch with friends and/or family (e.g., email, texts, phone calls, Facebook, etc.)? Phone calls with my parents and grandparents, texts with friends. Even though I like being able to send pictures of the kids to my parents and grandparents when we are away on vacation. It's a nice way to keep them updated.

If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office? I go to my doctor when I've questions.

When was the last time you watched a program on TV? Last night with DD. A cartoon.

How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? How many of them are presently turned on? 6. All turned on right now. My office faces north so it's quite dark all day

Do you like trees?

What species of trees are common in your area? Birch, oak, maples, plane trees, fir, spruce, pines, ash tree, rowan trees.

Have you ever climbed a tree? Sure

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? If so, tell us about them. The snowdrops are peeking out now.

When was the last time it rained in your neighborhood? Last night.

When was the last time you saw an insect, and what was it? can't remember

FOOD QUESTIONS!

Have you ever made soup from scratch? Yes.

Have you ever purchased a soup kit (bag with all the fixings you need to make soup)? No.

Homemade or not, what's your favorite type of soup? In restaurants I like Asian soups (Thai, Chinese, etc.). At home I love to make pumpkin soup, garlic soup, and other veggie soups. I also love Hungarian Goulash soup

Do you ever wear gloves? If so, when was the last time you wore them? Yes, when it's really cold outside. In January.

What is the longest period of time you've gone without wearing socks? I don't know...

What time do you usually go to bed at night? Between 9 and 10 p.m. when DH is away at work and I have to get up early. If he's at home usually before 11.

Have a good day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics