Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 04:26 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,476,832 times

Advertisements

Rrriiiiinnnnggg, rrriiiinnnngg,
Hello?
Hi honey. This is Daddy. Is Mommy near the phone?
No, Daddy. She's upstairs in the bedroom with Uncle Paul.
After a brief pause, Daddy says, honey, you haven't got an Uncle Paul.
Yes I do, and he's upstairs in the room with Mommy, right now.
**Brief Pause**
Okay then, this is what I want you to do. Put the phone down on the
table, run upstairs and knock on the bedroom door and shout to Mommy
that Daddy's car just pulled into the driveway.
Okay, Daddy, just a minute.
***A few minutes later the little girl comes back to the phone.
I did it, Daddy.
And what happened, honey?
Well, Mommy got all scared, jumped out of bed with no clothes on and ran
around screaming. Then she tripped over the rug, hit her head on the
dresser, and now she isn't moving at all!
Oh my!!! What about your Uncle Paul?
He jumped out of the bed with no clothes on, too.
He was all scared and he jumped out of the back window and into the
swimming pool. But I guess he didn't know that you took out the water
last week to
clean it. He hit the bottom of the pool and I think he's dead.
*****Long Pause*****
*****Longer Pause*****
*****Even Longer Pause*****
Then Daddy says, Swimming pool? ...........
Is this 486-5731?
No, I think you have the wrong number.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 05:34 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,394,169 times
Oh man!

Actually, I had something like this happen to me but not this extreme. Some woman called my house and when I answered she asked me what the h*ll I was doing answering the phone. my response was what the h*ll was she calling here for and speaking to me like that. She than preceded to ask for some man and I realized she had the wrong number but I was upset that someone called my house and was rude to me so I just hung up. Believe it or not she called right back and asked for the same guy, I then told her she had the wrong number and then she hung up. I wondered if she really believed me or not. I am sure that poor guy got an earful.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:52 PM

72,504 posts, read 18,241,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
Oh man!

Actually, I had something like this happen to me but not this extreme. Some woman called my house and when I answered she asked me what the h*ll I was doing answering the phone. my response was what the h*ll was she calling here for and speaking to me like that. She than preceded to ask for some man and I realized she had the wrong number but I was upset that someone called my house and was rude to me so I just hung up. Believe it or not she called right back and asked for the same guy, I then told her she had the wrong number and then she hung up. I wondered if she really believed me or not. I am sure that poor guy got an earful.
Maybe that man didn't want to give her the right number

Old 03-21-2008, 07:27 AM

27,446 posts, read 27,482,169 times
Wanna know whats really embarrassing is when you accidently text message the wrong person!

Old 03-21-2008, 07:47 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,944,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Wanna know whats really embarrassing is when you accidently text message the wrong person!
LOL.. uh huh.. and of course there are those who intentionally call the wrong number just for fun and to get their spouse in trouble..

Old 03-21-2008, 07:53 AM

27,446 posts, read 27,482,169 times
Im not even going there, lol, I feel bad now, wonder how many divorces were caused by this! (Something my friend and I did about 30-something years ago).

Old 03-21-2008, 07:59 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,944,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Im not even going there, lol, I feel bad now, wonder how many divorces were caused by this! (Something my friend and I did about 30-something years ago).
LOL.. well it's been thirty years in the making, but better late than never. I think that deserves a Go To Your Room!

Old 03-22-2008, 07:27 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,312,037 times
This reminds me of the time when my ex and I were first married, we got about 20 phone calls within a few hours, all insisting that they had the right number, my ex's name was really something other than it was, the little boy who'd been trying to call was his son and why wouldn't he talk to his own son and tell him that he wasn't his daddy? The poor little kid was sobbing something fierce. It was just awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics