Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 04:18 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,133,395 times

Advertisements

~ What is your morning beverage...and please be as specific as you can be at this hour of the morning...

~ Would you rather win a FREE trip to Florida or Chicago or San Diego or somewhere in Texas? Why?

~ Fill-In: I am Joe's ________.

~ Have you ever read Reader's Digest?

~ I wish I could get ___________ delivered to my home whenever I call.

~ _________ parmigiana.

~ Do you have the nerves to learn and actually pilot a jumbo passenger jet?

~ Design your own hamburger...even if you don't want one...as little or as much of anything you want!
Also, any size you want. Yes, you can more than one at a time:

~ Do you ever watch TV shows 'LIVE PD' or 'Cops'?

~ What are you looking forward to when the warmer weather returns?

~ Who here likes to eat chicken and what kinds of chicken are real good...fried, grilled, any way at all!

~ What is the last reptile or amphibian that you have seen? Movies and pictures count!

~ Do you ever think to yourself, something like, 'get me out of this hell"?

~~~* Stay warm and cozy, do the things that you enjoy doing. Make yourself a happier you. ~~~*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 04:34 AM

11,373 posts, read 9,288,232 times
~ What is your morning beverage...and please be as specific as you can be at this hour of the morning...
- Right now I'm sipping on a glass of water while eating breakfast.

~ Would you rather win a FREE trip to Florida or Chicago or San Diego or somewhere in Texas? Why?
My brother lives near Miami so maybe that. Haven't seen in 6 years.
I've never been to Chicago, nor Texas. If the latter - Austin. I think I would fit in the culture there.

~ Fill-In: I am Joe's

~ Have you ever read Reader's Digest? - Not sure. If so a very long time ago.

~ I wish I could get ___________ delivered to my home whenever I call.

~ Chicken parmigiana.

~ Do you have the nerves to learn and actually pilot a jumbo passenger jet? - Not a chance

~ Design your own hamburger...even if you don't want one...as little or as much of anything you want!
- Black bean, lentil, or vegetable burger, sure.
Yellow mustard, sliced dill pickle, sauteed mushrooms, onion, and garlic, Cooper Sharp American cheese.

~ Do you ever watch TV shows 'LIVE PD' or 'Cops'? - Watched the latter in the past. Sometimes similar on YouTube.

~ What are you looking forward to when the warmer weather returns? - We are expecting low 60s today but it's going to rain all day. Turning colder again Sunday. But not quite as bad as the recent stretch of around zero wind chills that has been the norm the last few weeks.

~ Who here likes to eat chicken and what kinds of chicken are real good...fried, grilled, any way at all! - One boneless chicken breast and once in a while, fried.
A couple of wings from a food bar occasionally too.

~ What is the last reptile or amphibian that you have seen? Movies and pictures count! - Two snakes at the nearby lake.

~ Do you ever think to yourself, something like, 'get me out of this hell"? - Every frickin' day I have to go to work. Sadly it looks like I am stuck. Hard to get hired for gainful employment once one reaches a certain age. Things weren't supposed to be this way at my age but stuff happens.

The office I work in is moving soon, was supposed to be this weekend but that has been pushed back. Maybe things will improve slightly.

Thanks, Roosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Last edited by John13; 01-12-2018 at 05:00 AM..

Old 01-12-2018, 05:02 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,320 times
~ What is your morning beverage...and please be as specific as you can be at this hour of the morning... Water or juice. This morning it's water.

~ Would you rather win a FREE trip to Florida or Chicago or San Diego or somewhere in Texas? Why? Florida to visit relatives and put my feet in the ocean.

~ Fill-In: I am Joe's ........ Sorry, I don't know Joe.

~ Have you ever read Reader's Digest? Many years ago.

~ I wish I could get dinner delivered to my home whenever I call.

~ eggplant parmigiana.

~ Do you have the nerves to learn and actually pilot a jumbo passenger jet? No. A small plane or a helicopter, but not a jumbo passenger jet.

Also, any size you want. Yes, you can more than one at a time: Cook medium well, tomato and onion, mayo.

~ Do you ever watch TV shows 'LIVE PD' or 'Cops'? Don't

~ What are you looking forward to when the warmer weather returns? Getting back out on the water in my kayak

~ Who here likes to eat chicken and what kinds of chicken are real good...fried, grilled, any way at all! Oven roasted, please.

~ What is the last reptile or amphibian that you have seen? Movies and pictures count! Frogs at Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory in Deerfield.

~ Do you ever think to yourself, something like, 'get me out of this hell"? Something like, yes.

~~~* Stay warm and cozy, do the things that you enjoy doing. Make yourself a happier you. ~~~* Thanks, roosty!

Old 01-12-2018, 05:26 AM

30,536 posts, read 16,231,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

usually water. rarely milk

Waco, TX. I like looking at real estate on the internet and there's a really fascinating house for sale there.

~ Fill-In: I am Joe's __worst nightmare.______. (I've only known 1 Joe and we didn't get along too well)

yup.

~ I wish I could get _____Carmichael Crunch from Beyond Bread in Tuscon AZ______ delivered to my home whenever I call.

~ _____ptarmigan____ parmigiana.
I play with alliteration sometimes.

I don't have the nerves.
I don't have the brains.
I don't have the desire.

a veggie burger with lettuce, tomato, onion on a crusty roll.

nope. If I want to get that bored, I'll stare at the wall.

lower heat bills.

~ Who here likes to eat chicken and what kinds of chicken are real good...fried, grilled, any way at all!

gotten to prefer ground chicken. current favorite way is with rice and broccoli.

~ What is the last reptile or amphibian that you have seen? Movies and pictures count!
the geiko gecko. now that's embarassing but in this cold weather, they're mostly not around.

yea-mostly when in the dentist's chair.

~~~* Stay warm and cozy, do the things that you enjoy doing. Make yourself a happier you. ~~~*
thanks, roosty. you too.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:48 AM

126,283 posts, read 19,057,756 times
~ What is your morning beverage...and please be as specific as you can be at this hour of the morning... I drink every morning 2 cups jasmine green tea

~ Would you rather win a FREE trip to Florida or Chicago or San Diego or somewhere in Texas? Why? Not sure

~ Fill-In: I am Joe's friend.

~ Have you ever read Reader's Digest? Yes years ago

~ I wish I could get snow delivered to my home whenever I call.

~ Melanzane parmigiana.

~ Do you have the nerves to learn and actually pilot a jumbo passenger jet? Not at all

Also, any size you want. Yes, you can more than one at a time: I prefer lentil burgers with tomato,onion slices,lettuce and a bit of sour creme.But IF I would make a meat hamburger I would add a lot of parsley/dill/onion in it and serve it with Swiss cheese,lettuce,tomato,onion,dill pickle slices

~ Do you ever watch TV shows 'LIVE PD' or 'Cops'? No

~ What are you looking forward to when the warmer weather returns? opening all the windows in my home and do spring cleaning,walking,hiking,gardening

~ Who here likes to eat chicken and what kinds of chicken are real good...fried, grilled, any way at all! Chicken Tikka or chicken tandoori would be nice or roasted chicken in the oven stuffed with apple,parsley,onion,butter and sitting in a beer bath

None in winter

~ Do you ever think to yourself, something like, 'get me out of this hell"? Not in these words but yes a few times while in a crowded mall,party or when my dentist was pulling my wisdom tooth recently

Thank you roosty

Old 01-12-2018, 05:53 AM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,709 times

Lately it's Bigelow's Lemon Ginger tea. Or water.

Chicago is the only one I haven't visited so probably there, although I'm in the mood for Florida.

~ Fill-In: I am Joe's niece. I have an uncle named Joe.

Once or twice.

~ I wish I could get anything I want for free delivered to my home whenever I call.

~ Chicken? parmigiana. I'm not 100% certain what that actually is. All I know is that it's Italian.

No.

Grilled turkey burger. Breast meat only. Cooked on an outdoor grill only. Freshly sliced jalapeños cooked inside the patty. Well seasoned. Served on a typical bun with dill slices, lettuce, tomato, purple onion and mustard.

No. Never heard of that first one.

I just like going outside period. I can't really be outside if it's below 70.

BBQ chicken, fajita chicken, buffalo chicken anything, chicken strips and Smashburger's grilled chicken sandwiches. All the best chickens.

Dart the baby demagorgon dog on Stranger Things. It was cute until it ate a cat.

When I'm in one of my moods.

Last edited by KimFreebish; 01-12-2018 at 06:38 AM..

Old 01-12-2018, 06:12 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,597,475 times
water

~ Would you rather win a FREE trip to Florida or Chicago or San Diego or somewhere in Texas? Why? san Diego - never been

~ Fill-In: I am Joe's worst nightmare .

~ Have you ever read Reader's Digest? yes

~ I wish I could get free pastries__ delivered to my home whenever I call.

~ _________ parmigiana. no thanks

~ Do you have the nerves to learn and actually pilot a jumbo passenger jet? yes

Also, any size you want. Yes, you can more than one at a time: loosely packed and lightly seasoned, grilled med rare with some charring. Melted American cheese, half-sour pickles, thin slices of ripe tomato, crisp lettuce, good brown mustard, Heinz ketchup - all on the perfect bun (soft, not too bready, but sturdy enough to hold everything)

~ Do you ever watch TV shows 'LIVE PD' or 'Cops'? i have but not in years now

~ What are you looking forward to when the warmer weather returns? more walks by the river

~ Who here likes to eat chicken and what kinds of chicken are real good...fried, grilled, any way at all! i like chicken - especially the thighs. One of my favorite recipes at home is for spicy chicken thighs baked with pineapple

~ What is the last reptile or amphibian that you have seen? Movies and pictures count! pic of an alligator

~ Do you ever think to yourself, something like, 'get me out of this hell"? oh yes

~~~* Stay warm and cozy, do the things that you enjoy doing. Make yourself a happier you. ~~~* thanks you too!

Old 01-12-2018, 06:21 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,698,138 times
~ What is your morning beverage...and please be as specific as you can be at this hour of the morning...Water.

~ Would you rather win a FREE trip to Florida or Chicago or San Diego or somewhere in Texas? Chicago.Why?Never been there!

~ Fill-In: I am Joe's __widow______.

~ Have you ever read Reader's Digest? Yes.

~ I wish I could get _spring time temps__________ delivered to my home whenever I call.
Since this is not possible I'll settle for some New York style cheesecake.

~ _Eggplant________ parmigiana.

~ Do you have the nerves to learn and actually pilot a jumbo passenger jet? I'll pass. I don't like to fly.

Also, any size you want. Yes, you can more than one at a time:I'll have either a turkey or veggie burger with shredded lettuce, onion and mushrooms on a brioche roll.

~ Do you ever watch TV shows 'LIVE PD' or 'Cops'? Yes. Both.

~ What are you looking forward to when the warmer weather returns? Opening the windows to let fresh air in.

~ Who here likes to eat chicken and what kinds of chicken are real good...fried, grilled, any way at all! I don't eat chicken much anymore.

~ What is the last reptile or amphibian that you have seen? Movies and pictures count! Iguanas and a kimono dragon.

~ Do you ever think to yourself, something like, 'get me out of this hell"? Yes.

~~~* Stay warm and cozy, do the things that you enjoy doing. Make yourself a happier you. ~~~*[/quote]

Old 01-12-2018, 06:38 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,930,110 times
Every morning it's black, strong coffee straight-up made from my husband's home-roasted beans! Yum!

Of those choices I'll take Texas only because my sister lives there and I haven't seen her for a long time.

~ Fill-In: I am Joe's interior designer.

~ Have you ever read Reader's Digest? Decades ago in a waiting room.

~ I wish I could get sacks of one hundred dollar bills delivered to my home whenever I call.

~ Extra cheesey parmigiana.

~ Do you have the nerves to learn and actually pilot a jumbo passenger jet? No desire whatsoever.

Juicy with a pile of caramelized onions and Hellmann's mayonnaise on an onion bun

~ Do you ever watch TV shows 'LIVE PD' or 'Cops'? NO!

Hiking, flowers, songbirds, green trees, and having my house windows open!

Boneless skinless breast on the grill with barbecue sauce is my favorite way

Red-bellied black snake hitches a ride with driver and taps on his window... the video going viral right now

Haha! Yes, everyday I think that about the town and house I presently live in! Sure, I am grateful for the roof over my head and all that happy crap, but I really hate the isolated small town I made the mistake of moving to ten years ago. It is hard to sell a house in a town that is... well, this town. I will remain optimistic and I will get out of here soon. Geez, all I want to do is move 200 miles south of here in the same state. Thanks for asking!

You as well, rainroosty! Good day everybody!

Last edited by geebabe; 01-12-2018 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-12-2018, 07:00 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,712 times
~ What is your morning beverage...and please be as specific as you can be at this hour of the morning......This morning I had a glass of orange juice. Sometimes I have ice water, tea or Caffeine Free Diet Coke.

~ Would you rather win a FREE trip to Florida or Chicago or San Diego or somewhere in Texas? Why?...........Florida, because I'd get away for the ice.

~ Fill-In: I am Joe's ____friend.____.

~ Have you ever read Reader's Digest?..............Yes

~ I wish I could get __delicious prepared veggies _________ delivered to my home whenever I call.

~ ___Chicken______ parmigiana.

~ Do you have the nerves to learn and actually pilot a jumbo passenger jet?..........I have not desire to do this.

Also, any size you want. Yes, you can more than one at a time:.............. Please make mine medium well done. Sesame seeds on the toasted bun. Mustard, pickles and onion.

~ Do you ever watch TV shows 'LIVE PD' or 'Cops'?........No

~ What are you looking forward to when the warmer weather returns?..............Yes, but not the work that comes with it.

~ Who here likes to eat chicken and what kinds of chicken are real good...fried, grilled, any way at all!............I like all chicken.

~ What is the last reptile or amphibian that you have seen? Movies and pictures count!.............I saw a python on the news this morning.

~ Do you ever think to yourself, something like, 'get me out of this hell"?................Yep

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics