Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 09:01 PM

44,404 posts, read 20,138,945 times

Advertisements

Happy May Day, girls and boys! I'll be gone the next couple of Tuesdays and need someone to prepare the QOTD for next Tuesday, May 8th (I have someone for the 15th). Any volunteers for the 8th? Please DM me if you'd be willing to do this. Thanks! [UPDATE: I have a volunteer lined up. Thanks to those who offered. You're the best! )

Business out of the way, let's have some fun! Scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last have ice cream in a cone?

If you go to an ice cream parlor, do you prefer to have your ice cream in a regular cone, a waffle cone, or a bowl?

Do you like popsicles? What's your favorite flavor?

Other than ice cream, name a frozen treat that you really like.

Have you ever eaten ice cream directly out of the container?

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever flown a kite?

Have you ever made your own kite?

If so, did you use a kit or did you make it with odds and ends such as sticks and paper or sheets of plastic?

Have you ever seen a hot air balloon (other than on TV, movie, etc.)?

Have you ever ridden in a hot air balloon?

Did you ever receive a balloon, or a balloon bouquet, as a gift?

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Are you good at drawing?

What sort of images have you drawn?

If you doodle, what do you draw?

When you were a kid, did you ever draw with crayons on the walls or furniture in your home? If so, did you get in trouble for it?

Do you ever engage in any sort of craft activities (e.g., woodworking, scrapbooking, pottery making, painting)?

Th-th-th-that's all, folks! I'll be away the next couple of Tuesdays; will see you when I get back. Have a totally terrific Tuesday, and remember to commit an act of kindness today and every day.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-01-2018 at 08:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 09:11 PM

11,404 posts, read 9,327,161 times
Happy May Day, girls and boys! I'll be gone the next couple of Tuesdays and need someone to prepare the QOTD for next Tuesday, May 8th (I have someone for the 15th). Any volunteers for the 8th? Please DM me if you'd be willing to do this. Thanks!

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last have ice cream in a cone? - Last week

If you go to an ice cream parlor, do you prefer to have your ice cream in a regular cone, a waffle cone, or a bowl? - Usually a chocolate dipped cone. But my preference is an ice cream sundae.

Do you like popsicles? What's your favorite flavor? - Haven't had in a long time but my answer is cherry.

Other than ice cream, name a frozen treat that you really like. - Snowballs on occasion. But not real easy to find here.

Have you ever eaten ice cream directly out of the container? - Of course.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever flown a kite? - No

Have you ever made your own kite? - N/A

If so, did you use a kit or did you make it with odds and ends such as sticks and paper or sheets of plastic? - N/A

Have you ever seen a hot air balloon (other than on TV, movie, etc.)? - I don't think so.

Have you ever ridden in a hot air balloon? - Nope

Did you ever receive a balloon, or a balloon bouquet, as a gift? - No

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Are you good at drawing? - Haven't tried in a very long time so IDK.

What sort of images have you drawn? - N/A

If you doodle, what do you draw? - N/A

When you were a kid, did you ever draw with crayons on the walls or furniture in your home? If so, did you get in trouble for it? - Never did that.

Do you ever engage in any sort of craft activities (e.g., woodworking, scrapbooking, pottery making, painting)? - Nope

Th-th-th-that's all, folks! I'll be away the next couple of Tuesdays; will see you when I get back. Have a totally terrific Tuesday, and remember to commit an act of kindness today and every day.

Thanks, Pam! Have fun while you are away.
Terrific Tuesday!

Last edited by elnina; 04-30-2018 at 09:39 PM..

Old 04-30-2018, 09:18 PM

62,022 posts, read 87,719,267 times
Happy May Day, girls and boys! I'll be gone the next couple of Tuesdays and need someone to prepare the QOTD for next Tuesday, May 8th (I have someone for the 15th). Any volunteers for the 8th? Please DM me if you'd be willing to do this. Thanks!

Have a safe and relaxing trip

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

As a kid. I don't like to eat ice cream in a cone. Too messy. I always ask for a bowl.

If you go to an ice cream parlor, do you prefer to have your ice cream in a regular cone, a waffle cone, or a bowl?

I make them at home. Mostly sorbet style: pureed/chunky fruit.

Cheese cake and Tiramisu. I know, I am weird, but I really like them semi frozen.

No. I scoop out whatever I want to eat, and put the container back into freezer. Portion control

BONUS QUESTIONS

As a kid.

Sure.

If so, did you use a kit or did you make it with odds and ends such as sticks and paper or sheets of plastic?

Yes.

Yes.

That too...

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Are you good at drawing?

I am ok.

Things, landscape.

Mostly some abstract zentangles.

When you were a kid, did you ever draw with crayons on the walls or furniture in your home? If so, did you get in trouble for it?

Not that I remember. I was most likely supplied with paper and colored pencils, then supervised till I knew better

Do you ever engage in any sort of craft activities (e.g., woodworking, scrapbooking, pottery making, painting)?

I never had any interest in those activities - I am not a very crafty person. I can sew well, though.

Thank you, Pammy!!

Last edited by elnina; 04-30-2018 at 09:38 PM..

Old 04-30-2018, 09:24 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,004,892 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

It's been quite a while.
Regular or waffle cone.
Yeah but I don't eat them often. Prefer ice cream.
Daquiri's are good.
When it's about empty.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Both.
Probably not.
Never gonna happen.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Are you good at drawing?

Scribbles.
See above.

I actually started spray painting my dad's early 50's Chevy truck in the 50's.
Nothing in particular.

Thanks Pam! Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by SATX56; 04-30-2018 at 09:37 PM..

Old 04-30-2018, 09:26 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,805,032 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last have ice cream in a cone? Last Tuesday

If you go to an ice cream parlor, do you prefer to have your ice cream in a regular cone, a waffle cone, or a bowl? A chocolate waffle cone

Do you like popsicles? Yes What's your favorite flavor? Pineapple

Other than ice cream, name a frozen treat that you really like. Tangerine Sherbet

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever flown a kite? Yes

Have you ever made your own kite? No

Have you ever seen a hot air balloon (other than on TV, movie, etc.)? Yes

Have you ever ridden in a hot air balloon? No

Did you ever receive a balloon, or a balloon bouquet, as a gift? No

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Are you good at drawing? No

What sort of images have you drawn? Stick people

If you doodle, what do you draw? Scribbles

When you were a kid, did you ever draw with crayons on the walls or furniture in your home? If so, did you get in trouble for it? No, never messed up a wall so I know who supplied that gene to the kids.

Nah, I’m tired and retired.

Thanks PJ

Old 04-30-2018, 09:47 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,021,366 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Has been several years

The last time I was in an ice cream parlor was in Belgium. They are real big on waffle cones. The place I always went to was not wimpy on the size of their scoops.

Not a fan of popsicles. When I was 8 and had to have my tonsils yanked my mom told me afterwards I could have ice cream. I was way less than happy when the nurse told me I could only have a popsicle.

Frozen daiquiris

Only about 90 percent of the time.

BONUS QUESTIONS

I have. When I was in high school and traveled via the ferry for school trips we would bring kites to fly off the back of the ferry.

I am not that talented.

In grade school we made a hot air balloon. What we did not do is make it out of fire proof materials. The Hindenburg was less of a disaster.

Nope

Maybe when I was a kid

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Are you good at drawing?
I am pretty good at drawing a blank.

Not sure. No one including myself could ever figure out what I drew.

Doodles

If I did it had to have been before I erased my memory by plugging car keys in to the electrical outlet when I was real little.

As with kite building, I am not that talented.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:13 PM

126,373 posts, read 19,139,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last have ice cream in a cone?..... TODAY,what a lovely warmer day

If you go to an ice cream parlor, do you prefer to have your ice cream in a regular cone, a waffle cone, or a bowl?.....In a container

Do you like popsicles? ...YES....What's your favorite flavor?....... Capri with orange sherbet and inside vanilla ice cream

Other than ice cream, name a frozen treat that you really like....... FROZEN blueberries or frozen green grapes

Have you ever eaten ice cream directly out of the container? ........ YES

BONUS QUESTIONS

Have you ever flown a kite?..Yes

Have you ever made your own kite? ...... No

Have you ever seen a hot air balloon (other than on TV, movie, etc.)? ... YES

Have you ever ridden in a hot air balloon? ..Noooo

Did you ever receive a balloon, or a balloon bouquet, as a gift? ...YES

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Are you good at drawing? ......NOT too bad

What sort of images have you drawn?...People,animals,scenery,plants.....

If you doodle, what do you draw? ..NO doodling here

When you were a kid, did you ever draw with crayons on the walls or furniture in your home? ..... NEVER...If so, did you get in trouble for it? ...If I would have done that I would have been in big trouble

Do you ever engage in any sort of craft activities (e.g., woodworking, scrapbooking, pottery making, painting)? ......When time allows I paint,I build my own simple writing desk,shelves,simple chair in wood crafting.I made 4 cooking books one for each of my children.I bought notebooks,filled them with drawings,poems,quotes and all their favorite German, Austrian,Punjabi and Canadian recipies.It took me years to handwrite them.All my love is put in each of the handmade notebooks.

THANK YOU Pammy

Old 04-30-2018, 10:14 PM

2,292 posts, read 1,438,666 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

I don't remember.

I don't eat ice cream.

I like spicy Mexican popsicles.

The Dole pineapple sorbet at Menchie's.

I do that with the small containers of sorbet if I buy it at the grocery store.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Tried to.

No.

No.

No.

No.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Are you good at drawing?

People have always told me I am, but I'm critical of myself. Back in high school a boy told me that I "draw good for a white girl". That's nice. I did win art awards throughout school. I draw fairly regularly; most recently a few hours ago.

A little bit of everything at one point or another: people, animals, cartoons, caricatures, objects, designs, nature, architectural, landscapes, etc.

I make up cartoonish characters, sketch people. Sometimes I'll just draw random lines and see what happens. Usually an unsatisfying abstract ugly wreck is what happens.

When you were a kid, did you ever draw with crayons on the walls or furniture in your home? If so, did you get in trouble for it? I

I don't think so.

Not really. I did just repaint a mirror of that counts.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:19 PM

21,611 posts, read 8,778,244 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

On Sunday.
I like waffle cones best, but as long as it's ice cream, I'm not fussy about how it's served.
Yes, although I liked them better when they came in twin packs. Nowadays I usually get the more upscale types of bars that have more fruit flavor in them.
I like Trader Joe's lime bars.
Are you kidding? All the time!
BONUS QUESTIONS

Yes, but not for many years.
I tried once when I was in grade school, but my attempt was a miserable failure.
I think I used newspapers and odds and ends. But it's been so long, I honestly don't remember.
No, I don't think I have ever seen one in person. Does the Goodyear blimp count?
No way. Not gonna happen! I don't care how good the view is. But I did ride in a blimp.
No, but that sounds like fun.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Are you good at drawing?
Not very. I can draw a little, but my attempts are pretty amateurish.
As a little girl I drew my own "comic strip" which recurring stick figure characters.
I don't doodle very much, but I usually just draw circles or cartoon faces.
No, but I got in trouble for scribbling in the margins of my parent's books.
Not at present. I used to do cross stitch until I became bored with it. I have also painted designs on smooth beach rocks with model airplane paint.

Have a wonderful vacation, Pammy!

Old 04-30-2018, 10:24 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,946,207 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

It's been a long long time ago, however just last week I had a dish of ice cream.
Dish please................ a "bowl" sounds so large.
As a kid I had popsicles,,,, usually cherry
Frozen candy bars.............
The last time I did that was when I was a kid and mom owned a little cafe in a small town. She would allow me to help myself if the container got down to the bottom. I usually kept an eye on the freezer chest before my sisters would find out that one of the ice cream container was getting low.

Now {{{This}}} is ice cream!

DSCN3245 by AksarbeN on Flickr

BONUS QUESTIONS

Sticks and paper............ didn't have plastic in those early days as a kid.
Yes,,, they're all over the area flying in the cool weather of spring and fall. One almost hit the house a few years ago when trying to land on the golf course a few blocks away.
No
Yes..... When I was a kid I launched a large balloon that I bought at the dime-store. They had a grand opening and gave away helium balloons. I asked if I could buy much larger ones and get them filled with gas and they okayed that for me. When I got the balloons home I rigged up a way to have them carry a special note. I launched the balloon from a small town near Omaha and months later received a reply from a farmer in the middle of central Missouri who found it when plowing his field.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Are you good at drawing?
Yes,,, but only things I like to draw.
Landscapes, lakes, mountains, houses etc.
figure eights....

Never,,,,, I tried to avoid getting into trouble.
Years ago I did some woodworking, now it's just using the cameras for photography.

Thanks Pam!

Last edited by AksarbeN; 04-30-2018 at 10:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics