Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 09:27 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,010,063 times

Advertisements

Greetings everyone. Welcome to the 'I don't have a clue what questions to ask' edition of the QOTD.

Sunday's Questions:

-If you could have complete unrestricted access to explore a building for a day, what building would you like to explore?

-On Thanksgiving did anyone listen to the song 'Alice's Restaurant' by Arlo Guthrie?

-Did anyone have oyster dressing with their Thanksgiving turkey?

-How many times have you watched The Wizard Of Oz?

-When was your last "What Was I Thinking Of" moment?
-Did things really go wrong or just a minor screw-up?

-Hard shell or soft shell tacos?

Well folks. My mind has gone completely blank. So with that I will call it a day. As always, whatever I might have set up to check these questions once again failed to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 09:38 PM

21,562 posts, read 8,741,665 times
Sunday's Questions:

-If you could have complete unrestricted access to explore a building for a day, what building would you like to explore?
The Smithsonian Museum in Washington, D.C.
-On Thanksgiving did anyone listen to the song 'Alice's Restaurant' by Arlo Guthrie?
No, I remember listening to it in 1968, and that was enough.
I served cornbread dressing.
Probably at least a dozen times, but not for a while. I'm giving it a long hiatus.
When I opened the oven door tonight and found last night's turkey dinner leftovers still in there. Oh, well, there wasn't that much left, but I still hated having to throw it all away.

I'd call it a minor screw-up. Normally I would check the oven while I'm washing dinner dishes, but Mr. Bay did the dishes last night, and he didn't think of it. I didn't realize what had happened until I opened the oven door Saturday night and saw all those Pyrex dishes.
I like them crisp, the way my mother used to make them.

Thanks, Alaskan Mutt!

Old 11-24-2018, 10:08 PM
bjh

60,110 posts, read 30,431,649 times
Sunday's Questions:

The Smithsonian museum.

Not heard for a few years and not associated with the holiday for me.

Certainly not.

Not sure. It used to come on TV once a year. So many times growing up.

I have those all the time. Today I thought I'd rest my eyes for a while and woke up 3 hours later.

Usually a cluster of minor things.

One of each with a good salsa.

Have a good Sunday!

Old 11-24-2018, 10:12 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,892,576 times
Greetings everyone. Welcome to the 'I don't have a clue what questions to ask' edition of the QOTD.

Sunday's Questions:

The White House.
Not me.
Not me.
Several.

Both depends on the type of ingredients.

Well folks. My mind has gone completely blank. So with that I will call it a day. As always, whatever I might have set up to check these questions once again failed to happen.
That's O.K. my mind is blank as well. Thanks Al!

Old 11-24-2018, 11:24 PM

44,647 posts, read 61,684,084 times
Sunday's Questions:

-If you could have complete unrestricted access to explore a building for a day, what building would you like to explore? Pentagon

-On Thanksgiving did anyone listen to the song 'Alice's Restaurant' by Arlo Guthrie? No.

-Did anyone have oyster dressing with their Thanksgiving turkey? NOooooooooooooooooo

-How many times have you watched The Wizard Of Oz? Many, at least 5 or 6.

-Hard shell or soft shell tacos? Hard shell.

Mutt

Old 11-24-2018, 11:29 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,905,197 times
Sunday's Questions:

The United States Bullion Depository, Ft Knox (Yes the one that has all the gold in it!) And you said "complete unrestricted access" !!!!!!!!
No - however I did listen to it on youtube just now.
No thanks
I'd have to say just three or four times, however I did see the original when it first came out.
Earlier today while I was out enjoying a cup of coffee and got into a conversation with another customer................... it was truly one of those "What was I thinking about" moments.

Most everything in my life that goes wrong is just a minor screw-up.
I like them both.

taco by tlink21, on Flickr

Last edited by AksarbeN; 11-24-2018 at 11:45 PM..

Old 11-24-2018, 11:50 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,081 times

Sunday's Questions:

-If you could have complete unrestricted access to explore a building for a day, what building would you like to explore? It would be an old cathedral, an old castle, an art museum ..... hard to choose.

-On Thanksgiving did anyone listen to the song 'Alice's Restaurant' by Arlo Guthrie? Did not, but now it's in my head. I did watch this not long ago: https://youtu.be/sSF89swJ9IU

Love the story, love the music. Worth the eight or nine minutes it takes to watch!

-Did anyone have oyster dressing with their Thanksgiving turkey? Ew..... I did not. I make homemade bread stuffing and one niece makes the stuffing that comes in a box. Since I was sick on Thanksgiving, a grand put together a plate for me to have the next day. She gave me the box stuffing and it reminded me of why I always make my own.

-How many times have you watched The Wizard Of Oz? A few. Makes me wonder if my grands have seen it.

-When was your last "What Was I Thinking Of" moment? Oh, that is almost a way of life.
-Did things really go wrong or just a minor screw-up? Usually just minor.

-Hard shell or soft shell tacos? I can't remember the last time I had a taco. I think I have to say, neither thanks.

Well folks. My mind has gone completely blank. So with that I will call it a day. As always, whatever I might have set up to check these questions once again failed to happen. Thanks, Mutt! Enjoy your day, all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 11-25-2018 at 12:04 AM..

Old 11-25-2018, 01:01 AM

11,380 posts, read 9,298,077 times
Sunday's Questions:

- Science based for sure...

-On Thanksgiving did anyone listen to the song 'Alice's Restaurant' by Arlo Guthrie? - Haven't heard that song in a while...

-Did anyone have oyster dressing with their Thanksgiving turkey? - Haven't had turkey is a while either. I've never had oyster dressing and don't really know what that is.

-How many times have you watched The Wizard Of Oz? - No memory of ever seeing it. If I did I was too young to remember.

-When was your last "What Was I Thinking Of" moment? - Probably leaving my last job for the one I have now. It seemed liked a good idea at the time but it quickly backfired. Empty promises, lies, etc.
A close second is I should have never got married. I'm divorced now but I'd like to get those prime years back...

-Did things really go wrong or just a minor screw-up? - Both were major screw-ups...

-Hard shell or soft shell tacos? - Soft, please!

Thanks, Mutt!

Old 11-25-2018, 03:19 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,397,772 times
Good Morning

-If you could have complete unrestricted access to explore a building for a day, what building would you like to explore? The White House. I have been inside to see the Christmas Tree when Clinton was in office. They would not allow me to walk around and see the rest of it--how rude! I have also been on the lawn a couple of times when my sons were little for the Easter Egg Roll Hunt on Easter Monday.

-How many times have you watched The Wizard Of Oz? Oh my gosh, my first born "had" to watch it everyday for about a year! After one watches it about 50 times, you start to notice some of the mistakes in the movie!

-When was your last "What Was I Thinking Of" moment? When I worked another hour for a co worker
-Did things really go wrong or just a minor screw-up? Nothing went wrong--am happy I did that act of kindness for her. I was ready to go home on time!

-Hard shell or soft shell tacos? Soft

Have a super duper day!

Old 11-25-2018, 03:36 AM

14,789 posts, read 8,130,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Sunday's Questions:

White House
No
No, I have never had or made that, we had a Corn Bread/Herb Stuffing made with sauteed Onions,
Celery and Mushrooms.

Every year on Thanksgiving when I was a Child! I always looked forward to it!
I can't recall really, but have had many in my lifetime....both big and small.
I could give "Lucy" a run for her money on that.

OOOOh I love both, my favorite right now is probably soft shell though...made with grilled chicken,
fresh veggies and salsa and cheese.

Great Questions! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics