Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 09:21 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,000,696 times

Advertisements

Hi folks. Well I made it to 2019. I decided to allow myself one New Year's resolution. Here it is:
"Come up with even crappier questions for the QOTD"
So, it is now time for my first attempt at achieving my resolution.

Sundays Questions:

-Do you ever sing karaoke when you are out with friends?

-Do you ever get up and sing karaoke when you were out by yourself?

-Have you ever chewed out someone only to later realise you were the person at fault and not the person you chewed out?

-During normal conversation do you use cuss/swear words?
-How about when you are chewing out someone?

-When just passing time by searching things on the internet do you ever look up any of the cartoons you watched as a youngster and watch them again?

-When shopping do you try to pay with exact change or do you save your change?

-For those that save their change do you sort and roll the coins before taking them to the bank or do you let the bank sort and count the change?

OK folks, it is time to spend the day at the lake. While there do you prefer to...
-Go fishing
-Go swimming
-sunbathe on a pontoon boat
-go water skiing
-Do some barbecuing
-Read a book
-Eat stinky cheese and drink cheap beer
-Be somewhere besides at the lake

Today Is:
-No Pants Subway Ride Day

This Week Is:
-Diet Resolution Week
-Someday We'll Laugh About This Week

I was going to have my security moose check these questions first but it seems he is still hung over from New Year's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 09:30 PM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Sundays Questions:

-Do you ever sing karaoke when you are out with friends? Nope

-Do you ever get up and sing karaoke when you were out by yourself? Nope

-Have you ever chewed out someone only to later realise you were the person at fault and not the person you chewed out?
Yup. Been a long time ago and I still hate thinking about it
-During normal conversation do you use cuss/swear words? Nope
-How about when you are chewing out someone? I used to

-When just passing time by searching things on the internet do you ever look up any of the cartoons you watched as a youngster and watch them again? Yup. Have some of the sites on youtube where I watch Looney Toons

-When shopping do you try to pay with exact change or do you save your change? Can't get change out of a debit card. lol

-For those that save their change do you sort and roll the coins before taking them to the bank or do you let the bank sort and count the change?

OK folks, it is time to spend the day at the lake. While there do you prefer to...
-Go fishing Yup
-Go swimming Sometimes
-sunbathe on a pontoon boat I wish
-go water skiing Nope
-Do some barbecuing Yup
-Read a book Nope. Can do that at home
-Eat stinky cheese and drink cheap beer Nope
-Be somewhere besides at the lake Nope. Should have added go camping along the lake. I love doing that!

Old 01-05-2019, 09:59 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Sundays Questions:
Not if I can help it.
When did I ever go to a place with karaoke by myself?

I have incorrectly found fault with others without chewing anyone out, but did chew humble pie a time or two.
Sometimes, but not around children or women.
Here we go with the chewing again. Did someone misplace Mutt's chew toy?

-When just passing time by searching things on the internet do you ever look up any of the cartoons you watched as a youngster and watch them again?
Have, but not often. There's more on the internet than any of us has the time to watch.

i may try to pay in such a way to get less change, like it comes to 3.01 and I pay 5.01 kind of
thing. I don't mind receiving change, but I don't save it either. As a result I normally only
have a couple dollars change at any time and pay it into those self-checkout machines to
"get rid of it" before paying the rest by bills or debit card. How's that for an answer?

I remember when banks required you to roll them yourself before machines could count them
quickly. But I circulate change instead of saving it so I don't have to do all that rigamarole.

-Go swimming
-Do some barbecuing

I was going to have my security moose check these questions first but it seems he is still hung over from New Year's.
Is his moose trough filled with lots of water? He should be okay in a day or two.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:36 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
Sundays Questions:

No, I've never done that.
Sometimes I sing along with the car radio.
Yes, that has happened. Usually Mr. Bay is the scapegoat taking the blame for something I did.
Only at home or among close friends.

It hasn't happened yet, but I guess I'd have to be really, really angry.
Yes, I have watched clips from "Ding Dong School," "Crusader Rabbit" and other 1950s kids show on YouTube. They were a lot more entertaining when I was a child.
If it's a small item, I try to pay with exact change. Otherwise I just use a debit or credit card.
N/A. We have a lot of small change, but it's not in rolls.
-Go fishing
-Go swimming <---- This one
-go water skiing
-Do some barbecuing
-Read a book <---- This one

Today Is:
Count me out.

I was going to have my security moose check these questions first but it seems he is still hung over from New Year's.[/quote]
Give him some hair of the dog.

Thanks, Alaskan Mutt!

Old 01-05-2019, 10:37 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Sundays Questions:

never did that

never did that

-Have you ever chewed out someone only to later realise you were the person at fault and not the person you chewed out? yes

-During normal conversation do you use cuss/swear words? Rarely but not in a bad way. I might say "I like your bleepin' car" or "Was that the most bleeping song, ever?" or "Bleep yeah!"
-How about when you are chewing out someone? My chewing out days are over.

-When just passing time by searching things on the internet do you ever look up any of the cartoons you watched as a youngster and watch them again? No, but I have the whole Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends Complete Series DVD set (5 seasons). That means I have Fractured Fairy Tales, Dudley Do-Right and Peabody and Sherman, too. Love Fractured Fairy Tales.

-When shopping do you try to pay with exact change or do you save your change? I only use cash at drive-thru's and yes, I try to pay with exact change. I keep the coins in the car just for that purpose. We have drive thru's for everything here including the DMV (which here is the county clerk) and prescription drugs from the pharmacy.

-For those that save their change do you sort and roll the coins before taking them to the bank or do you let the bank sort and count the change? N/A

-Go fishing
-Go swimming
-go water skiing
-Do some barbecuing
-Read a book

When I go to the lake these days, it's to take mostly bird photos. Used to go to fish.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:39 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Hi folks. Well I made it to 2019. I decided to allow myself one New Year's resolution. Here it is:

Sundays Questions:

-During normal conversation do you use cuss/swear words? No.
-How about when you are chewing out someone? Plead the 5th.

-When shopping do you try to pay with exact change or do you save your change? Pay with exact change or credit card.

-For those that save their change do you sort and roll the coins before taking them to the bank or do you let the bank sort and count the change? n/a

-Go fishing
-Go swimming
-go water skiing
-Do some barbecuing
-Read a book

Today Is:

This Week Is:
-Diet Resolution Week

Moose sez thanks and pour me another...

Old 01-05-2019, 11:18 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;54068820]Hi folks. Well I made it to 2019. I decided to allow myself one New Year's resolution. Here it is:

Sundays Questions:

-Do you ever sing karaoke when you are out with friends? Oh heck no. That would be a disaster.

-Have you ever chewed out someone only to later realise you were the person at fault and not the person you chewed out? Probably.

-During normal conversation do you use cuss/swear words? Um no, okay yes.
-How about when you are chewing out someone? Well maybe sometimes. I'm usually civil.

-When just passing time by searching things on the internet do you ever look up any of the cartoons you watched as a youngster and watch them again? LOL no.

-When shopping do you try to pay with exact change or do you save your change? Always with the credit card. It's a reward card so everything possible goes on the credit card.

-For those that save their change do you sort and roll the coins before taking them to the bank or do you let the bank sort and count the change? Oh no I let the bank do it. I love the sound it makes as it's counting.

-Go fishing <------------
-Go swimming<-------------
-go water skiing<----------I'd like to try again. I never could get up.
-Do some barbecuing<----------------
-Read a book

Today Is:

This Week Is:
-Diet Resolution Week

Thanks mutt. I'm early today. I should be exhausted. I did two 10 mile bike rides on Friday and Saturday and walked around the zoo twice this week for 9 hours with the 6 year old. I'm finally feeling like myself again. I'm almost 8 months post op and it was a long haul.

Old 01-05-2019, 11:52 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times

Sundays Questions:

Nooo.....
Nope.
Probably.
-During normal conversation do you use cuss/swear words? When needed.
-How about when you are chewing out someone? The entire arsenal is available.

Nope!
That would vary from time to time.
I don't take them to the bank.
-Go fishing
-Go swimming
-go water skiing
-Do some barbecuing
-Read a book

Today Is:

This Week Is:
-Diet Resolution Week

Happy New Year! Thanks for the Q's Al!

Old 01-06-2019, 03:12 AM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Sundays Questions:

-Do you ever sing karaoke when you are out with friends? - I've never been to one of those places.

-Do you ever get up and sing karaoke when you were out by yourself? ^

-Have you ever chewed out someone only to later realise you were the person at fault and not the person you chewed out? - Happened once a long time ago...

-During normal conversation do you use cuss/swear words? - Seldom and only to friends I have known for decades.

-How about when you are chewing out someone? - I try to avoid confrontations.

-When just passing time by searching things on the internet do you ever look up any of the cartoons you watched as a youngster and watch them again? - No, I hardly ever watched when I was a kid.

-When shopping do you try to pay with exact change or do you save your change? I need quarters for laundry. Often I will round out so I get an extra quarter.

There are so many self service machine here it's easier just to drop the coins in rather than give them to a cashier.

-For those that save their change do you sort and roll the coins before taking them to the bank or do you let the bank sort and count the change? I don't do this but in my area there are many machines (mostly in major grocery stores) that charge a fee for dropping in a large amount of change. As far as I know taking it to the bank and having them do that does not cost.

I've seen many people use the grocery store machines, Not sure but after they take a certain percentage of the money you dropped in it prints a receipt for the customer to take to the cashier so one can get their bills.

-Go fishing
-Go swimming
-go water skiing
-Do some barbecuing
-Read a book

None of these.

Hopefully there is a walking trail and / or if I happen to be with someone just relaxing on a park bench.

Thanks, Mutt!

Old 01-06-2019, 03:27 AM

256 posts, read 150,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskan mutt View Post
hi folks. Well i made it to 2019. I decided to allow myself one new year's resolution. Here it is:
"come up with even crappier questions for the qotd"
so, it is now time for my first attempt at achieving my resolution.

sundays questions:

-do you ever sing karaoke when you are out with friends? noooo!

-do you ever get up and sing karaoke when you were out by yourself? noooo!

-have you ever chewed out someone only to later realise you were the person at fault and not the person you chewed out? no not really

-during normal conversation do you use cuss/swear words? i never use them
-how about when you are chewing out someone? no

-when just passing time by searching things on the internet do you ever look up any of the cartoons you watched as a youngster and watch them again? too young to answer - come back in 10 years

-when shopping do you try to pay with exact change or do you save your change? save change, but i don't do much of our shopping

-for those that save their change do you sort and roll the coins before taking them to the bank or do you let the bank sort and count the change? i'm not involved with either

ok folks, it is time to spend the day at the lake. While there do you prefer to...
-go fishing maybe...
-go swimming nope
-sunbathe on a pontoon boat nope
-go water skiing nope
-do some barbecuing if i could cook!
-read a book possibly
-eat stinky cheese and drink cheap beer absolutely not
-be somewhere besides at the lake fairly likely

today is:
-no pants subway ride day:d

this week is:
-diet resolution week
-someday we'll laugh about this week

i was going to have my security moose check these questions first but it seems he is still hung over from new year's.
:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics