Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:12 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,191,116 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday !!!
oops just realized it is my brothers b-day & I forgot to send a card

ok 7 days left till tax day so here is a gentle reminder

The inspiration for todays ? came from a lovely chat I had on a DM with another member so it is time to dig down deep in your memories and tell us your answer to

Todays question:

What is the weirdest,funniest or strangest question anyone has ever asked you ?

BTW Questions asked in the "? O' the day" don't count

Today in history:

April 9, 1872 Samuel R. Percy patents dried milk

April 9,1945 - National Football League officials made it mandatory for football players to wear socks in all league games

Word of the day :

afflatus \uh-FLAY-tuhs\, noun:
A divine imparting of knowledge; inspiration.

hmm maybe I should rename "today in history" to "todays afflatus"

Today is:

National Chinese Almond Cookie Day
it is also
National Name Yourself Day - lets see I think I shall be Olivia for the day it sounds so elegant
and lets not forget
National Cherish An Antique Day
lol hmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 05:35 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,835,181 times
I'm going to be Oprah today and hopefully someone will get confused and send me one of her paychecks.
When my son was a baby, I was in line at Target and the lady ahead of me asked me if he was my son... I said yes and she said, "He must look just like his Dad, because he doesn't look anything like you". Nice, eh?!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,900,364 times
Last year while back in NJ visiting my daughter and family my youngest grand-daughter and I were watching TV when she turned to me and asked-"Grandma were apples invented when you were born?" Told her sure and think even bananas were around.

Cherish an antique? I married him!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:03 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,534,013 times
i was at work one day sitting in my office all alone when 2 co workers came in with a tiraid of questions out of nowhere: "where does your husband work?" "why dont you ever talk about him", "why dont you have any pictures at your desk?"
when i told them where he worked they decided that it was close to their home and they were going to go visit him there.
these 2 wackos were not freinds just people who happened to sit nearby in the office--what is wrong with people?! if we had been freinds i am sure i would have mentioned my family to them, but sincethey werent i dont understand why they were so upset!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,191,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
I'm going to be Oprah today
How cool is that !!!!!! you have to let us know when the show is going to air
and what the topic is .

I swear I must have a sign on me that says "stupid questions answered here"
because I get some doozies

Once when I was DJing a wedding I was standing behind the turntables holding the mike and someone asked "are you the DJ" I wanted to tell them " no I am a guest,but the equipment looks so interesting I wanted to pretend"

As most of you all know I have weird food issues so once I ordered a "plain bacon cheesburger please" and the server said do you want lettuce & ketchup ?
I guess my expression said it all because she said "oops you did say plain"

Back before there were cell phones I had a friend call and when I answered they said "are you home?"

Old 04-09-2008, 06:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,311,258 times
Hmmmm...I'll have to think about that one.

hey, TLB, can you give us a call and let us know when you have the "favorites" show so we can all get in on the goodies??? PLEASE???

Name yourself day, huh? I've never liked my real name - it's way too formal for me, I think, and I'm not real crazy about most of the nicknames that go along with it. The problem is, I can't think of a name that fits me. I love the Irish names, but Dierdre is a bit morose (there's a story behind it, but I forget the details) and I have too many cousins and aunts named Eileen (grandparents came from Ireland, you see). So, I guess I have to stick with what Mom and Dad gave me.

Gotta run....time to kiss my antique dresser.

Enjoy the day, all.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:54 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,998,641 times
This is a tough one. I'm sure I could think of a better one but it's too early and I'm fighting the flu! many times when I go to a department store during work - usually at lunch - I get asked "Do you work here?" Is it because I'm dressed in 'business casual' attire? I don't know. The puzzling one is when I'm at a store like Target where the employees where red shirts with a bullseye logo and I get asked the question. It takes all my strength sometimes to not reply "well, yes, but all my red shirts are at the cleaners!"

Today my name is going to be Freddy. No reason, it's the first name that popped into my head (which feels about the size of a beach ball right now!)

Old 04-09-2008, 07:07 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,146,253 times
My name for today is Rufus - not very elegant, I know!

The strangest, wierdest question I (my hubby & I) were ever asked was about 4 or 5 years ago. We don't get out often, but we finally had a night with no kids at home, so we hit a bar we hadn't been to in ages. This guy, who was so drunk he fell backwards twice, came up to ask us if we would like to swing with him. I immediately answered that I only swing while at the playground with my children. He was clearly disappointed, fell over off his stool again, and thankfully left the bar. Oh what a night...

Old 04-09-2008, 07:07 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,386,897 times
I think today I'll choose the name "Katrina" because my mother use to call me that when I was a child at times. She passed away years ago and it makes me think of her and all those feelings that go along with childhood!!

Not really a funny thing anyone ever said to me but really upsetting was when I was in labor with my son and the nurse told me, after 20 hours of hard labor that I was only dilated to "4". Say what???!!! I wanted to hurt her! But that's what we pregnant women often feel like during birthing!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:11 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,900,364 times
Wow a brain-burp. My beloved Dad always called me "Dee-Dee" when I was a child-so today that's what it will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics