Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 04:26 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,138,779 times

Advertisements

What kind of stand do you wish you were at, with no line ahead of you?

~~ 2 squigglies instead of 1 because I forgot 1 above. Poor thing. Do you know his/her name?

~ Do you own any road maps or atlas? What areas do they cover?

~ If you watch television you surely must not like how the commercial breaks are so loud, right?

~ What place comes to mind if you think of a cabin or like that on a pond or lake?

~ How has your weather been this past week and what was something you enjoyed during the past week?

~ How far from your home do you think the nearest tracks are?

~ Can you ever hear a train from your home?

~ Does anyone here ever need to change some sort of cartridge in their shower head? I just hear of that on television yesterday and thought what the heck to myself...

~ Put some cheese in your grocery cart, please: Eat it or whatever you want to do with it. It is yours.

~ Do you listen to music while you drive?

~ I would like to visit __________.

**** I'll see you in my dreams...**** Well wishes to you! ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 04:58 AM

126,288 posts, read 19,066,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

..............a stand that sells berries and cherries

~~ 2 squigglies instead of 1 because I forgot 1 above. Poor thing. Do you know his/her name?

................ road maps from whole Canada and provinces and my Atlas shows the whole world

~ If you watch television you surely must not like how the commercial breaks are so loud, right?

..........yes I have noticed that throughout the years

~ What place comes to mind if you think of a cabin or like that on a pond or lake?

...............Gananoque 1000 islands or Bowen island/BC

~ How has your weather been this past week and what was something you enjoyed during the past week?

................weather was more comfortable and I did more biking and hiking

.............I don't know

................No

~ Does anyone here ever need to change some sort of cartridge in their shower head? I just hear of that on television yesterday and thought what the heck to myself...

...........never did and I am clueless like you roosty

~ Put some cheese in your grocery cart, please: Eat it or whatever you want to do with it. It is yours.

............always do

............ sometimes

~ I would like to visit CAPE BRETON ISLAND

THANK YOU roosty

Old 08-09-2019, 05:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
What kind of stand do you wish you were at, with no line ahead of you? One night stand. Really hate those long lines for one night stands.

~~ 2 squigglies instead of 1 because I forgot 1 above. Poor thing. Do you know his/her name? tilde? Use them in Spanish over a letter.

~ Do you own any road maps or atlas? What areas do they cover? Have a few atlases for states. Just saw West Virginia in my car. Also can see Kentucky, Georgia and Michigan on my bookshelf from where I'm sitting.

~ If you watch television you surely must not like how the commercial breaks are so loud, right? Yes, right.

~ What place comes to mind if you think of a cabin or like that on a pond or lake? Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire.

~ How has your weather been this past week and what was something you enjoyed during the past week? Weather fine. Coming off a lousy 2 weeks. BUT, yesterday my printer was fixed.

~ How far from your home do you think the nearest tracks are? Let's see, the CSX train tracks run behind the lake at the end of my long street. 6 minutes per Google Maps.

~ Can you ever hear a train from your home? No. Wish I could. I would love to have a freight train run behind some place where I lived so you could run out and wave to the engineer at a particular time of day. I like the sound of the train whistles.

~ Does anyone here ever need to change some sort of cartridge in their shower head? I just hear of that on television yesterday and thought what the heck to myself... No.

~ Put some cheese in your grocery cart, please: Eat it or whatever you want to do with it. It is yours. Swiss will do.

~ Do you listen to music while you drive? yes

~ I would like to visit Iowa to take farm photos.

Old 08-09-2019, 05:47 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,291,726 times
What kind of stand do you wish you were at, with no line ahead of you? - I'm patient...

~ Do you own any road maps or atlas? What areas do they cover? - United States and road maps for the Washington, DC and Baltimore areas.

~ If you watch television you surely must not like how the commercial breaks are so loud, right? - When I watched TV the commercials always got muted.

New probable place I will be moving to at the end of the month has cable TV. I gave the house owner a check for the security deposit yesterday but I have yet to sign the lease. It's on a horse farm in the country. Looks like it's going to happen...

~ What place comes to mind if you think of a cabin or like that on a pond or lake? - New England

~ How has your weather been this past week and what was something you enjoyed during the past week? - Bad storms Tuesday and Wednesday.

~ How far from your home do you think the nearest tracks are? - About 3 miles.

~ Can you ever hear a train from your home? - Only a couple of times.

~ Does anyone here ever need to change some sort of cartridge in their shower head? I just hear of that on television yesterday and thought what the heck to myself... - No

~ Put some cheese in your grocery cart, please: Eat it or whatever you want to do with it. It is yours. - Cooper sharp American.

~ Do you listen to music while you drive? - Yes but not all the time.

~ I would like to visi the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 08-09-2019, 06:50 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,486,812 times
What kind of stand do you wish you were at, with no line ahead of you? Bing cherries.

~ Do you own any road maps or atlas? What areas do they cover? Not anymore, I use maps on my phone.

~ If you watch television you surely must not like how the commercial breaks are so loud, right? Right

~ What place comes to mind if you think of a cabin or like that on a pond or lake? A log cabin

~ How has your weather been this past week and what was something you enjoyed during the past week? Hot. No rain.

~ How far from your home do you think the nearest tracks are? Train tracks are very close and run thru my town.m

~ Can you ever hear a train from your home? All the time.

~ Put some cheese in your grocery cart, please: Eat it or whatever you want to do with it. It is yours. Any kind of cheese is fine with me, love them all.

~ Do you listen to music while you drive? Yes

~ I would like to visit England and Europe_.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:58 AM

3,263 posts, read 5,006,003 times

One of the stands at Disney World that sells Mickey Bars -- yum!

Nope, sure don't.

Not any more. I use Google Maps now.

I don't watch TV, just Netflix movies.

The dump that my parents used to take us to on a lake in eastern Ohio. No indoor plumbing.

The weather has been typical Florida summertime weather: hot, humid, daily thunderstorms. I have not enjoyed it.

There are train tracks a mile east of me, and other train tracks about a mile west of me.

No

Actually, I need to do that. I have a filter on my shower head and it's about time to change it.

Spanish Manchego cheese for lunch with crackers and fruit.

I usually play the jazz radio station.

~ I would like to visit __the Highlands of Scotland________.

Thanks for the questions!

Old 08-09-2019, 08:17 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,280,332 times
What kind of stand do you wish you were at, with no line ahead of you?...............A corn dog stand. I recently saw a photo of someone eating one in a magazine I was reading. I’ve not had a corn dog for over 20 years.

~~ 2 squigglies instead of 1 because I forgot 1 above. Poor thing. Do you know his/her name?........I don’t know the official name. I like squiggle.

~ Do you own any road maps or atlas? What areas do they cover?.........I own both maps and an atlas. The maps cover neighboring states and St. Louis streets. The atlas covers the US.

~ If you watch television you surely must not like how the commercial breaks are so loud, right?.......Commercials are annoying enough without the extra loudness.

~ What place comes to mind if you think of a cabin or like that on a pond or lake?.................I always picture Vermont being a place with beautiful lakes and secluded cabins.

~ How has your weather been this past week and what was something you enjoyed during the past week?......Hot and humid.

~ How far from your home do you think the nearest tracks are?.........Probably about seven miles.

~ Can you ever hear a train from your home?...........Sometimes if it is really quiet out.

~ Does anyone here ever need to change some sort of cartridge in their shower head? I just hear of that on television yesterday and thought what the heck to myself..........I don’t have a filter system on my shower.

~ Put some cheese in your grocery cart, please: Eat it or whatever you want to do with it. It is yours............Provolone and mozzarella would be appreciated.

~ Do you listen to music while you drive?.........Yes!!

~ I would like to visit _____the Badlands _____.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:12 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,910,036 times
~ What kind of stand do you wish you were at, with no line ahead of you? === A baguette (in Paris) please.

~~ 2 squigglies instead of 1 because I forgot 1 above. Poor thing. Do you know his/her name? === See, I added one for you. I know I used to know what it was called but the word is lost in the mists of time.

~ Do you own any road maps or atlas? What areas do they cover? === I have a world atlas, a US Rand McNally book, a California folding map, a Las Vegas street map book and many smaller maps from areas I've visited.

~ If you watch television you surely must not like how the commercial breaks are so loud, right? === I can't say I've noticed that recently.

~ What place comes to mind if you think of a cabin or like that on a pond or lake? === My condo on the Wisconsin River.

~ How has your weather been this past week and what was something you enjoyed during the past week? === It has been hot, but we had one rainy evening that I really enjoyed.

~ How far from your home do you think the nearest tracks are? === About five miles away.

~ Can you ever hear a train from your home? === Every now and then I hear a train horn if I'm outside.

~ Does anyone here ever need to change some sort of cartridge in their shower head? I just hear of that on television yesterday and thought what the heck to myself... === I haven't. I wonder what it is?

~ Put some cheese in your grocery cart, please: Eat it or whatever you want to do with it. It is yours. === Hey thanks Roosty!

~ Do you listen to music while you drive? === I do.

~ I would like to visit ____several of the Smithsonian museums I missed the last time I visited D.C.______.

Thanks for the interesting questions Roosty. I appreciate the thought you put into them -- not an easy task week after week!

Old 08-09-2019, 09:25 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
What kind of stand do you wish you were at, with no line ahead of you? BBQ. Especially if there's ribs!

~~ 2 squigglies instead of 1 because I forgot 1 above. Poor thing. Do you know his/her name? Nope. We've never been formally introduced

~ Do you own any road maps or atlas? What areas do they cover? We have the Rand McNally Atlas Book of the US

~ If you watch television you surely must not like how the commercial breaks are so loud, right? That's the one bad thing about roku. Some commercials are loud enough to scoot the windows out 2"

~ What place comes to mind if you think of a cabin or like that on a pond or lake? Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley
https://www.explorekentuckylake.com/

~ How has your weather been this past week and what was something you enjoyed during the past week? A little humid but not too bad. Calling for heat index around 110 middle of next week

~ How far from your home do you think the nearest tracks are? A couple miles

~ Can you ever hear a train from your home? Yup

~ Does anyone here ever need to change some sort of cartridge in their shower head? I just hear of that on television yesterday and thought what the heck to myself... Nope

Smoked cheddar cheese. It's great in sausage balls!

~ Do you listen to music while you drive? That's about like asking if the sun shines during the day. lol

~ I would like to visit the western US. Also Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas, where you can look for diamonds. A couple weeks ago a man found a 3 carat diamond

Old 08-09-2019, 09:39 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,203,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Checkout line at the supermarket.

Tama Sharlene Squiglee

~ Do you own any road maps or atlas? What areas do they cover? Two from of Ireland from the 1960s, they were really good....then. And one for the present district/province I live in on the continent.

~ If you watch television you surely must not like how the commercial breaks are so loud, right? I don't watch TV...are they still that loud?

~ What place comes to mind if you think of a cabin or like that on a pond or lake? Any bourbon ad.

Today it rained lightly, which is almost like snow in September would be in many places in the U.S., but the rest of the week was quite warm and breezy....it is almost always breezy because this area sticks out into the Atlantic above the coast of Africa. I enjoyed eating at home much more than usual. I am worn out with the noise of tourists and northern visitors in the usual places where I eat.

~ How far from your home do you think the nearest tracks are? RR, I presume...cuz I have tracks across the kitchen from this slob who walk in from the wet terrace without wiping his feel. But as for RR, I'm not good at distances...maybe two km.

~ Can you ever hear a train from your home? No...they are not especially noisy in any case.

~ Does anyone here ever need to change some sort of cartridge in their shower head? I just hear of that on television yesterday and thought what the heck to myself...Hmmmm, if I do it is awfully long overdue as I am unaware that it has any such gizmo.

I never eat cheese any more, though I love it. The last time I ate some I was in an ambulance a few hours later and the doctor put three stents in my heart.

~ Do you listen to music while you drive? I used to, but the CD player broke and I never had it fixed. They talk far too much on music radio stations for my taste.

~ I would like to visit __the west coast of Ireland or Kyoto________.

Thanks for the questions, and obviously your dreams will be pleasant ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics