Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday !!!
Since yesterday we went with a book theme, I thought it would be fun to have a music theme today So (a needle pulling thread ) how will you answer

Todays question:

Do you ever sing along with the radio (or what ever form you use to listen to music) ?

Bonus question: Is there a song or songs that when you hear them you just want to get up and dance ?

Today in history:

April 19, 1897 1st Boston Marathon won by John McDermott of New York in 2:55:10
fast forward to 2006
Cheruiyot set the Boston record, 2:07.14 they sure have gotten faster

Word of the day
:

portent \POR-tent\, noun:
1. A sign of a coming event or calamity; an omen.
2. Prophetic or menacing significance.
3. Something amazing; a marvel.

Today is:
National Garlic Day
and
National Husband Appreciation Day - Guess that means it will be a day of movie watching or WOW playing for him today (and the ladder is still in the library)
it is also
National Hanging Out Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 06:43 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Hey, Karla. Good morning.

OH, yeh, much to hubby's chagrine (good word for the day, girl!), I do sing along. There are also songs to which I must get up and dance, again to his dismay.

I think I can handle Hanging out Day. I've been practicing for 9 months now! As for Hubby Appreciation Day, I think he's pretty well appreciated every day, but I will try to make a special effort today. Does watching Alien Vs. Predator with him last night count??? Gawd, I HATE creature movies!

Enjoy your day, all.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Yup lol I sing along especially if I am alone in the car I will crank the volume up and sing away

My hubby is similar to your nms he just gives me that "there she goes again " famous eye roll

Billy Idols "rebel yell" is one that will get me up on my feet though I usually am "bee bopping" along with most songs
the chicken dance is another one when ever I hear it I have to do the hand thing rofl it is very funny should we be in public hubby disappears pretty fast at these times

Old 04-19-2008, 07:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Yours, too, huh? No sense of humor. Although I appreciate that! LOL

Old 04-19-2008, 07:10 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
No, but my wife does and it drives me nuts. (especially on long trips)

Old 04-19-2008, 07:12 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,149,792 times
National Apprectiate your Husband day...hmmm. I'm going to have to milk this for all its worth. I'm like Karla, if I'm alone in my car I will sing along, although sometimes when I hit a stoplight I get a little shy, works better on the open road.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:41 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
I do sing along witht he radio, cds, etc. So do the kids! I sing when there is no music... doesn't everyone???

TODAY IS>>>>
National Husband Appreciation Day

Oh Karla! I got scared there for a minute! I had to read back and double check to make sure it wasn't National WASband Appreciation Day!... SHEW!

That was a close one! Don't scare me like that girl!

For you Karla... I think I am gonna work in the yard a little today..... I will never have a yard like yours, but one can dream, right???

Old 04-19-2008, 07:49 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Heck yeah I sing to everything!
I use garlic in a lot of my cooking, the fresh stuff. Especially in things like fried potatoes, pasta sauces, pork dishes.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:57 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Sure do-oldies especially.

"Celebrate" makes me want to dance-my knees don't like it anymore tho and they let me know it.

Husband App Day-well I'll make him some linguine w/oil and garlic (covers 2). Hanging out? Isn't that everyday once you're retired??

Livewire-same here garlic goes in everything.

Karla-guess that ladder wont be moved today!!

Old 04-19-2008, 07:59 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday !!!
Since yesterday we went with a book theme, I thought it would be fun to have a music theme today So (a needle pulling thread ) how will you answer

Todays question:

Do you ever sing along with the radio (or what ever form you use to listen to music) ?

Bonus question: Is there a song or songs that when you hear them you just want to get up and dance ?

Today in history:

April 19, 1897 1st Boston Marathon won by John McDermott of New York in 2:55:10
fast forward to 2006
Cheruiyot set the Boston record, 2:07.14 they sure have gotten faster

Word of the day
:

portent \POR-tent\, noun:
1. A sign of a coming event or calamity; an omen.
2. Prophetic or menacing significance.
3. Something amazing; a marvel.

Today is:
National Garlic Day
and
National Husband Appreciation Day - Guess that means it will be a day of movie watching or WOW playing for him today (and the ladder is still in the library)
it is also
National Hanging Out Day
Definitely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics