Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 08:54 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,100 times

Advertisements

Have you recently consumed something frosted, toasted, or both ? === A toasted bagel.

Have you used store-bought (ready-made) spice blends/mixes as an ingredient in cooking, for example “poultry seasoning” (a combination of several herbs & spices) ? === Not for many years.

Can you recall having eaten something that looked pretty bad but tasted very good ? === No. If it looks bad I wouldn't eat it.

Can you recall a mishap where your food came out too dry, not dry enough, or unevenly heated/cooked ? === I'm sure there have been meals like that, but I can't remember anything specific.

Do you use a tablecloth-if so, do you own more than one ? === I own several, but haven't used them for years.

Which do you have the most of-forks, knives, or spoons ? === Probably more forks than anything because they come in two sizes.

Are you able to hold/use/eat with chopsticks ? === I am.

How many people (not business, but personal contacts) do you owe replies to, and/or you consider yourself overdue in responding to ? === No one.

Thanks cloven!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2020, 09:05 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Today’s Question:
Have you recently consumed something frosted, toasted, or both? Yes; once. My church had a bake sale on February 9 and I consumed a frosted cupcake that I purchased. (Also some cookies. )
Have you used store-bought (ready-made) spice blends/mixes as an ingredient in cooking, for example “poultry seasoning” (a combination of several herbs & spices)? Yes. I use poultry seasoning often when I prepare chicken or turkey dishes. I also use a Cajun spice mix sometimes when sautéing fish. And occasionally I'll sprinkle an Italian herb blend on sautéed vegetables.

Extra Credit:
Can you recall having eaten something that looked pretty bad but tasted very good? Chicken gizzards and livers look pretty nasty but they're delicious!
Can you recall a mishap where your food came out too dry, not dry enough, or unevenly heated/cooked? There have been a few times over the years when I baked a whole turkey and the breast meat was too dry. I'm better at it now, but it's still a challenge to get the white and dark meat to come out just right at the same time.

Bonus:
Do you use a tablecloth-if so, do you own more than one? I have a bunch of tablecloths but rarely use them. Even when setting a fancy table, I prefer nice placemats. I use a Christmas tablecloth when I host my annual dinner for the church ladies group.
Which do you have the most of-forks, knives, or spoons? Spoons. In addition to the teaspoons which go with the table settings, I have soup spoons and a lot of larger spoons for serving.
Are you able to hold/use/eat with chopsticks? I can do it just a little. I'm usually pretty bad at it.

Just for Fun:
How many people (not business, but personal contacts) do you owe replies to, and/or you consider yourself overdue in responding to? I have two friends whom I correspond with in longhand and it's my turn to write. I'll be writing letters to them within the next week or so.

Today’s Word:
knell /nel/ (n.): Toll, clang, chime, or peal. The sound of a bell being rung, especially in marking a solemn occasion. Figuratively, a warning that announces or presages a grim result.

Today Is:
Presidents Day (U.S., observed)
-this week is-
National Engineers Week
Learning Disabilities Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at bottom left & top center-

Nice maze, cloven! Thanks for the cool Q's. Have a great week, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-17-2020 at 09:22 AM..

Old 02-17-2020, 09:22 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Today’s Question:
Have you recently consumed something frosted, toasted, or both ? not yet, but I'm going to have oatmeal shortly.

Have you used store-bought (ready-made) spice blends/mixes as an ingredient in cooking, for example “poultry seasoning” (a combination of several herbs & spices) ? Yes, but not too often.

Extra Credit:
Can you recall having eaten something that looked pretty bad but tasted very good ? I don't eat anything that looks bad.

Can you recall a mishap where your food came out too dry, not dry enough, or unevenly heated/cooked ? It happens from time to time but I can't remember the last one.

Bonus:
Do you use a tablecloth-if so, do you own more than one ?2 maybe 3.

Which do you have the most of-forks, knives, or spoons ? I think we have more spoons.

Are you able to hold/use/eat with chopsticks ?No, can't work them.
Just for Fun:
How many people (not business, but personal contacts) do you owe replies to, and/or you consider yourself overdue in responding to ? 3 others

Old 02-17-2020, 09:34 AM

24,474 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Today’s Question:
Have you recently consumed something frosted, toasted, or both ?
Yes, garlic bread.

Have you used store-bought (ready-made) spice blends/mixes as an ingredient in cooking, for example “poultry seasoning” (a combination of several herbs & spices) ?
We have.

Extra Credit:
Can you recall having eaten something that looked pretty bad but tasted very good ?
Yep. calamari.

Can you recall a mishap where your food came out too dry, not dry enough, or unevenly heated/cooked ?
Yep, had a few BBQ mishaps.

Bonus:
Do you use a tablecloth-if so, do you own more than one ?
We have 5 but they are only used on holidays.

Which do you have the most of-forks, knives, or spoons ?
Spoons

Are you able to hold/use/eat with chopsticks ?
Yes, but not very well.

Just for Fun:
How many people (not business, but personal contacts) do you owe replies to, and/or you consider yourself overdue in responding to ?
Was 2, now 0.

Thanx Cloven for the morning Q's.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:51 AM

126,280 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Happy Monday February 17, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:

............... toasted bagels with smoked salmon

Have you used store-bought (ready-made) spice blends/mixes as an ingredient in cooking, for example “poultry seasoning” (a combination of several herbs & spices) ?

..................no I make my own blends

Extra Credit:
Can you recall having eaten something that looked pretty bad but tasted very good ?

..........no

Can you recall a mishap where your food came out too dry, not dry enough, or unevenly heated/cooked ?

..........my last baked bread had too many holes...so many air bubbles

Bonus:

...........yes I only use table linens and inherited many handmade and hand stitched ones in all colors and sizes

.............. equal amount

........no

Just for Fun:
How many people (not business, but personal contacts) do you owe replies to, and/or you consider yourself overdue in responding to ?

..........none,I always respond back

Today in History:
1863: Founding of the International Committee for Relief to the Wounded, later known as the Red Cross
1925: Birth of actor, director, and writer Hal Holbrook (All the President’s Men)
1929: Birth of actress & singer Patricia Routledge (Hetty Wainthropp Investigates)
1933: First issue of Newsweek magazine published
1962: Birth of actor & director Lou Diamond Phillips (Longmire)

Today’s Word:
knell /nel/ (n.): Toll, clang, chime, or peal. The sound of a bell being rung, especially in marking a solemn occasion. Figuratively, a warning that announces or presages a grim result.

Today Is:

-this week is-
National Engineers Week

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
“The beginning of a friendship, the fact that two people out of the thousands around them can meet and connect and become friends, seems like a kind of magic to me. But maintaining a friendship requires work. I don’t mean that as a bad thing. Good art requires work as well.”

-Charles de Lint

Wishing all y’all a day during which your positive connections continue to flourish.

THANK YOU cloven

Old 02-17-2020, 11:45 AM

38,900 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Today’s Question:
Have you recently consumed something frosted, toasted, or both ? Slice of toast for breakfast.
Have you used store-bought (ready-made) spice blends/mixes as an ingredient in cooking, for example “poultry seasoning” (a combination of several herbs & spices) ? Sometimes, depending on what's being cooked.

Extra Credit:
Can you recall having eaten something that looked pretty bad but tasted very good ? No
Can you recall a mishap where your food came out too dry, not dry enough, or unevenly heated/cooked ? It has happened a couple of times but not lately.

Bonus:
Do you use a tablecloth-if so, do you own more than one ? Yes, I have 2.
Which do you have the most of-forks, knives, or spoons ? I have an equal amount of these.
Are you able to hold/use/eat with chopsticks ? Yes, I'm fairly proficient.

Just for Fun:
How many people (not business, but personal contacts) do you owe replies to, and/or you consider yourself overdue in responding to ? None

To the U.S.City-Data Members - Happy President's Day!

Old 02-17-2020, 12:43 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Today’s Question:

Have you recently consumed something frosted, toasted, or both ?....Does a dipped pretzel count?
Have you used store-bought (ready-made) spice blends/mixes as an ingredient in cooking, for example “poultry seasoning” (a combination of several herbs & spices) ?....Yes I buy bulk Italian spices from the store.

Extra Credit:
Can you recall having eaten something that looked pretty bad but tasted very good ?....Describes most of my cooking
Can you recall a mishap where your food came out too dry, not dry enough, or unevenly heated/cooked ?....Not off hand.

Bonus:
Do you use a tablecloth-if so, do you own more than one ?....No
Which do you have the most of-forks, knives, or spoons ?...Forks
Are you able to hold/use/eat with chopsticks ?...,Yes

Just for Fun:
How many people (not business, but personal contacts) do you owe replies to, and/or you consider yourself overdue in responding to ?....Zero.

Old 02-17-2020, 02:01 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Happy Monday February 17, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Have you recently consumed something frosted, toasted, or both ?Both!
Cake last friday and a toasted bagel yesterday.

Garlic Salt, Garlic Pepper, Seasoned Salt, Italian Seasoning, Old Bay, Herbs de provence,poultry seasoning,
lemon-pepper.

Extra Credit:

Bonus:
Do you use a tablecloth-if so, do you own more than one ?I have several, only use them on special events.
Which do you have the most of-forks, knives, or spoons ? Knives
Are you able to hold/use/eat with chopsticks ? Never tried

Just for Fun:
None that I am aware of.
Today in History:
1863: Founding of the International Committee for Relief to the Wounded, later known as the Red Cross
1925: Birth of actor, director, and writer Hal Holbrook (All the President’s Men)
1929: Birth of actress & singer Patricia Routledge (Hetty Wainthropp Investigates)
1933: First issue of Newsweek magazine published
1962: Birth of actor & director Lou Diamond Phillips (Longmire)

Today’s Word:

Today Is:

-this week is-
National Engineers Week

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
“The beginning of a friendship, the fact that two people out of the thousands around them can meet and connect and become friends, seems like a kind of magic to me. But maintaining a friendship requires work. I don’t mean that as a bad thing. Good art requires work as well.”

-Charles de Lint

Wishing all y’all a day during which your positive connections continue to flourish.

You also!

Old 02-17-2020, 03:44 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Today’s Question:
Toasted ham and cheese sandwich the other day.

Have you used store-bought ready-made spice blends/mixes as an ingredient in cooking, for example “poultry seasoning” ?
That and pumpkin pie seasoning, and mixed Italian seasoning, and Montreal steak seasoning, etc.

Extra Credit:
Beef stew

sure

Bonus:
Yes and yes

Even

Yep

Just for Fun:
How many people do you owe replies to, and/or you consider yourself overdue in responding to ?
I'm up to date.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:14 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Today’s Question:
Not recently

I sometimes use a seasoned salt

Extra Credit:
That describes most things I cook and eat.

I have a hard time making rice that is not soggy

Bonus:
No table cloths

Have the same of each

I am able to hold and use chopsticks as long as it is for something besides eating or picking up something.

Just for Fun:
None
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics