Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 08:27 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times

Advertisements

Greetings. Running a little later than usual. Can be hard to get motivated when I have too much time on my hands. Oh wait, that is dirt not time on my hands. Never mind.

Sunday's Questions:

-If you were moving across town would you hire movers or put the squeeze on family and friends to help you move?

-Thinking back to a move you have made was it easy for you to get rid of things while packing?

-Have you ever made a long distance move where you loaded everything into a large truck and drove it yourself?

-When you were growing up did you ever try to get to the end of a rainbow?

-Do you ever pack a picnic lunch to take with you on an afternoon drive?

-Have you ever driven a car that had a space saver spare being used on it?

-Does anyone have a sourdough starter tucked away in the fridge? If so how long have you been using it?

-Strawberries or smoked oysters?
-Iceberg lettruce or romaine lettuce?
-$10,000 or one pound of yucky veggies?

Well I guess that is all for now. I ordered some face masks from bjh enterprises. When the box arrived all that was in it was some used questions. I think I have been had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 08:34 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Sunday's Questions:

-If you were moving across town would you hire movers or put the squeeze on family and friends to help you move?
I would hire movers. Most of my friends are 70+, like me, and not up to doing that kind of heavy labor.
-Thinking back to a move you have made was it easy for you to get rid of things while packing?
Yes, I think it was fairly easy because I didn't have a lot of stuff then, and there wasn't really anything to get rid of.
-Have you ever made a long distance move where you loaded everything into a large truck and drove it yourself?
No, I've never done that.
Ha ha, no. But when I was very young and living in the San Fernando Valley and riding in the car, I used to imagine that we were chasing the mountains in front of us and that the mountains behind us were chasing us.
Not exactly, but for long road trips I would pack a goody bag with car-friendly snacks such as grapes, cookies and energy bars or trail mix.
Yes, if that means those tiny spares that new cars come with these days.
-Does anyone have a sourdough starter tucked away in the fridge? If so how long have you been using it?
No, I don't have any, but they're pretty easy to find.
Strawberries
Romaine
With $10,000 I could buy lots of non-yucky veggies and have cash left over.

Quote:
Well I guess that is all for now. I ordered some face masks from bjh enterprises. When the box arrived all that was in it was some used questions. I think I have been had.

Thanks, Alaskan Mutt!

Old 05-23-2020, 08:52 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Greetings. Running a little later than usual. Can be hard to get motivated when I have too much time on my hands. Oh wait, that is dirt not time on my hands. Never mind.
Dirt or stinky cheese?

Sunday's Questions:

I would hire movers for the heavy furniture.

If I'm getting rid of things, why am I packing them?

No, but I did wonder how the moon followed us home while riding in the car.

Not unless going to a picnic.

You mean a donut? No.

n/a

-Iceberg lettruce or romaine lettuce? Meh

Please accept this coupon for cheap beer as a token of my apathy . . . I mean apology.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- trim along dotted lines

Good for one case of cheap beer for a Mutt from Alaska who may be accompanied by a moose!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by bjh; 05-23-2020 at 09:05 PM..

Old 05-23-2020, 09:00 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
Sunday's Questions:

-If you were moving across town would you hire movers or put the squeeze on family and friends to help you move? Family

-Thinking back to a move you have made was it easy for you to get rid of things while packing? When my wife and I finally moved in the same house (6 year long distance marriage, living 70 miles apart. Imagine most of you have heard that story several times by now. lol) We got everything from both houses that we wanted, or needed, and after we moved from the trailer she and her parents lived in to our own house, we advertised a "free yard sale". Everything free. First come, first served. Unlocked the door around 7:45 AM and locked up and went home about 9:15 AM with only 3 things left that went to Goodwill later.

-Have you ever made a long distance move where you loaded everything into a large truck and drove it yourself? We used a large truck and 3 cars, 2 with trailers to move where we are now, 50 miles away, 8 years ago.

-When you were growing up did you ever try to get to the end of a rainbow? Did it about years ago. Looked like IRS got to it before we did because there wasn't anything there! lol

-Do you ever pack a picnic lunch to take with you on an afternoon drive? Several times. During all this virus crap, I take my wife for a "get out of the house and get some fresh air" trip somewhere in the area. That's about the only time she gets out right now, so we take a little snack with us.

-Have you ever driven a car that had a space saver spare being used on it? Yup. Hate 'em.

-Does anyone have a sourdough starter tucked away in the fridge? If so how long have you been using it? Nope

-Strawberries or smoked oysters? Strawberries
-Iceberg lettruce or romaine lettuce? Iceberg
-$10,000 or one pound of yucky veggies? $10,000 definitely!

Old 05-23-2020, 09:28 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times

Sunday's Questions:

I usually have done it mostly alone but have family to help.
We have always left loads behind. You just get tired and what better time to ditch stuff.
Yep!

Not really.
Only to the tire repair shop.
I have an old beer in there.
-Iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce?

Hope a mask wasn't required to answer these questions. lol Thanks Al!

Old 05-23-2020, 09:56 PM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Sunday's Questions:

-If you were moving across town would you hire movers or put the squeeze on family and friends to help you move? - Hire movers. Haven't done the friends thing since my early 30s. I feel regardless of age it's too much to ask.

-Thinking back to a move you have made was it easy for you to get rid of things while packing? - I never experienced an easy move.

-Have you ever made a long distance move where you loaded everything into a large truck and drove it yourself? - All moves have been local.

-Do you ever pack a picnic lunch to take with you on an afternoon drive? - Nothing memorable.

-Have you ever driven a car that had a space saver spare being used on it? - No

-Strawberries or smoked oysters? - Strawberries
-Iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce? - Romaine
-$10,000 or one pound of yucky veggies? - LOL

Thanks, Mutt!

Old 05-23-2020, 10:38 PM

38,895 posts, read 22,885,731 times
I was wondering when I would land on my favorite slot.

Sunday's Questions:

If it's a short move, I'd recruit family and friends.

I didn't really have that much to get rid of at my last move, so it was easy.

Yes, once and never again.

No

No

No, but I've ridden in a car that had a space saver spare tire being used.

No such thing here.

-Strawberries or smoked oysters? Strawberries
-Iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce? Romaine
-$10,000 or one pound of yucky veggies? $10,000

Have a fun day Sunday!

Old 05-23-2020, 11:21 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Sunday's Questions:

Hire movers

-Thinking back to a move you have made was it easy for you to get rid of things while packing? In my move from MD to TN, I hired an outfit called Got Junk. Sometimes when you live up a flight of stairs, you forget that a lot of things in your apartment arrived at your door via delivery men from the store, UPS or FedEx. I had what I like to call a graveyard of old desktop computers and computer-related equipment, dishes and furniture, NHL hockey sticks and other memorabilia and bags of clothes I didn't want that I could not carry down the stairs. They donate the clothes, ditch the junk or see if they can sell it and carried everything out in under an hour. In TN, I used a similar type company called Junk Bee Gone (the logo is a bee, I didn't spell it wrong). They are godsends.

-Have you ever made a long distance move where you loaded everything into a large truck and drove it yourself? No.

-When you were growing up did you ever try to get to the end of a rainbow? No

-Do you ever pack a picnic lunch to take with you on an afternoon drive? Does it count if I eat it in the car, instead of on the ground?

-Have you ever driven a car that had a space saver spare being used on it? Do you mean a donut tire? If yes, I have.

-Does anyone have a sourdough starter tucked away in the fridge? Not me. If so how long have you been using it? N/A

-Strawberries or smoked oysters? strawberries
-Iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce? iceberg
-$10,000 or one pound of yucky veggies? Well, even if I was a huge vegetable fan I would take the $10,000, use some of it to buy a pound of vegetables and then probably buy an expensive camera and a new lens.

Old 05-24-2020, 02:48 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Good Morning

Sunday's Questions:

-If you were moving across town would you hire movers or put the squeeze on family and friends to help you move? Hire Movers

-Thinking back to a move you have made was it easy for you to get rid of things while packing? Me yes, husband no

-Have you ever made a long distance move where you loaded everything into a large truck and drove it yourself? No

-When you were growing up did you ever try to get to the end of a rainbow? Nope

-Do you ever pack a picnic lunch to take with you on an afternoon drive? Yes, often

-Have you ever driven a car that had a space saver spare being used on it? Yes, very temporary until I can get to the tire store.

-Does anyone have a sourdough starter tucked away in the fridge? Nope

Waiting for the sun to come up--should be a beautiful day

Old 05-24-2020, 03:29 AM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Sunday's Questions:

-If you were moving across town would you hire movers or put the squeeze on family and friends to help you move? Hire movers, family and friends are too old.

-Thinking back to a move you have made was it easy for you to get rid of things while packing? Yep, donated to charities a lot of stuff, makes it easier.

-Have you ever made a long distance move where you loaded everything into a large truck and drove it yourself?One time in my youthful days a small truck & trailer.

-When you were growing up did you ever try to get to the end of a rainbow? Still trying.

-Do you ever pack a picnic lunch to take with you on an afternoon drive? Have done so many moons ago.

-Have you ever driven a car that had a space saver spare being used on it? No.

-Does anyone have a sourdough starter tucked away in the fridge? No.
If so how long have you been using it? n/a

-Strawberries or smoked oysters? Strawberries.
-Iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce? Either one.
-$10,000 or one pound of yucky veggies? LOL, will take the cash.

Thanks Mutt, keep on truckin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics