Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 08:15 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,301 posts, read 30,535,071 times

Advertisements

Hooray! We made it to December 2020! To mark the occasion here are . . .

Today's Question(s):
Name one or more people living or historical known for their facial hair:

What's something(s) you have too much of?

What's something that makes/made you "dot your i's and cross your t's" i.e. be really careful:

Foodie Question(s):
How do you decide what side dishes to serve?

Any entree(s) that automatically go with any sides when ypu're planning a meal?

Any cold side dishes you like?

Just to:
Let's talk gardening supplies: what, if anything, you've bought, need, want or have:

FYI: We've got a new alternating Saturdays QotD hostess starting December 12th.

See you tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2020, 09:36 PM

37,824 posts, read 41,149,828 times
Today's Question(s):
Jesus, Abraham Lincoln, Groucho Marx, Shakespeare, Fidel Castro, Salvador Dali, Can't think of his first name but that guy Burnside with the ridiculous sideburns, and many more.
Worst beard ever: The guy that runs Twitter
Best facial hair: Yosemite Sam's red moustache

What's something(s) you have too much of? e-mail in my inbox. Still hearing from a gazillion politicians plus now getting all of the Christmas sale junk mail from stores I've never ordered from. Can't keep up.

What's something that makes/made you "dot your i's and cross your t's" i.e. be really careful: Microsoft updates, social media websites and being trailed regarding which websites I visit/computer privacy.

Foodie Question(s):
I only cook for me.

Any entree(s) that automatically go with any sides when you're planning a meal?
steak

Any cold side dishes you like? coleslaw, potato salad, macaroni salad, applesauce (cold only).

Just to:
Let's talk gardening supplies: what, if anything, you've bought, need, want or have:

N/A. Landscapers for apartment complex handle the gardening.

Old 12-01-2020, 10:32 PM

44,703 posts, read 61,887,952 times
Today's Question(s):
Name one or more people living or historical known for their facial hair: Abe Lincoln, David Letterman, Moses, Grizzly Adams, Kenny Rogers, Claude Monet...

What's something(s) you have too much of? Time.

What's something that makes/made you "dot your i's and cross your t's" i.e. be really careful: Driving.

Foodie Question(s):
How do you decide what side dishes to serve? Easy, let the cook decide.

Any entree(s) that automatically go with any sides when you're planning a meal? Hamburgers.

Any cold side dishes you like? Old fashion potato salad.

Just to:
Let's talk gardening supplies: what, if anything, you've bought, need, want or have: Have everything I need, may change some plantings later on.

Thanks...

Old 12-01-2020, 11:00 PM

62,112 posts, read 87,929,776 times

Today's Question(s):
Salvador Dali!!!, Stalin, Marx, Hitler, da Vinci, Rasputin, Hans Langseth , Santa Claus ...

Dust bunnies

What's something that makes/made you "dot your i's and cross your t's" i.e. be really careful:

Work

Foodie Question(s):

Most of the times the fridge or pantry tell me.

BBQ and potato salad
Burger with fries
Asian dishes with rice
Fried, comfort food with garden salad
Steak and backed potato
Roasted meats with mashed
potatoes
Chops with tomato salad
Rotisserie chicken with coleslaw

Salads - raw/fresh, noodle, potato, chicken, tuna, shrimp, beans and grains, egg salad, cheese salad... Sushi/sashimi, Gazpacho soup, ceviche, shrimp cocktail...

Just to:

Have the basic: rake, shovel, pruners, saw, garden hose, watering can. Bought lately: soaking hose, faucet splitter. Need: watering timer. Seeds. Fertilizer.

See you tomorrow.

Can't wait!!
Thank you, bjh

Last edited by elnina; 12-01-2020 at 11:48 PM..

Old 12-02-2020, 12:38 AM

7,996 posts, read 5,425,693 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
Name one or more people living or historical known for their facial hair: Lincoln
What's something(s) you have too much of? Printed photographs. Did a bit of purging yesterday, got rid of over a hundred. Will work on the other boxes the rest of the week.

What's something that makes/made you "dot your i's and cross your t's" i.e. be really careful: My workday

Foodie Question(s):
How do you decide what side dishes to serve? Whatever pairs nicely with the main entree

Salisbury steak/ mashed potatoes
Shrimp creole/rice
Spaghetti/garlic bread
Chicken Parmesan/bowtie noodles

Any cold side dishes you like? Not a big fan of any. Once in a great while I will make coleslaw or potato salad.

Just to:
Let's talk gardening supplies: what, if anything, you've bought, need, want or have: We had to buy a new bamboo rake

Brrrrr....it is freezing out there this morning!

Old 12-02-2020, 01:11 AM

21,646 posts, read 8,799,900 times
Today's Question(s):
Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top)
Tom Selleck
John Bolton

Sets of old dishes and silverware passed down from relatives
Coffee mugs
Dish towels
Old family photos, especially if I don't know who the people are.

Decorating a cake.

Foodie Question(s):
I pick side dishes that go well with the entree and have complementary colors, flavors and textures (i.e. something with crunchiness to balance a soft entree such as pasta; something colorful to pair with a white or beige entree; a bland side dish to complement a spicy entree.
Chicken goes with just about any side dish, but I like it with rice or spicy roast potato wedges and peas.
Turkey is good with candied sweet potatoes and green beans almandine.
Meat loaf is good with mashed potatoes and corn.

Cucumber salad; Caesar salad
Just to:
I bought a string trimmer a few years ago. I would like a rake.
Yay!

Thanks, bjh!

Old 12-02-2020, 04:32 AM

50,494 posts, read 64,395,644 times
Let’s hope and pray that 2021 brings normal back to the country.

Today's Question(s):
Name one or more people living or historical known for their facial hair: Santa Claus

What's something(s) you have too much of? Belly fat.

What's something that makes/made you "dot your i's and cross your t's" i.e. be really careful: Writing a letter, or baking a cake.

Foodie Question(s):
How do you decide what side dishes to serve? By color and texture. For example, I wouldn’t make orange squash and sweet potatoes for the same meal, nor peas and green beans, etc.

Any entree(s) that automatically go with any sides when ypu're planning a meal? Turkey and stuffing, pork chops and applesauce, Lamb and mint jelly, and some form of potatoes are always included.

Any cold side dishes you like? potato salad, Cole slaw, tossed salad

Just to:
I just bought a new pair of garden scissors, and I’m on the hunt for some perennials for a new flowerbed.

FYI: We've got a new alternating Saturdays QotD hostess starting December 12th. Great!

Old 12-02-2020, 05:44 AM

126,422 posts, read 19,177,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Name one or more people living or historical known for their facial hair: Saint Nicholas

What's something(s) you have too much of? Candles,towels,table linens, serviettes,printing paper

When I write letters
Foodie Question(s):
How do you decide what side dishes to serve? I choose pending on the season,prefer it to be a well balanced meal that compliments the main dish as well does look pretty for the eyes

Lentil burgers with a mixed garden salad
potato pancakes with applesauce
tandoori chicken with rice and raita
roasted chicken/duck/turkey/Cornish game hen with garlic mashed potatoes and braised red cabbage with steamed rainbow trout with boiled potatoes and whipped horseradish

Any cold side dishes you like? Bavarian potato salad,variety of salads,cucumber and mint raita,red herring salad

Just to:
Let's talk gardening supplies: what, if anything, you've bought, need, want or have: I will need for next summer 2 new large flower pots,garden hose and another garden hose trolley

FYI: We've got a new alternating Saturdays QotD hostess starting December 12th. Looking forward to the mystery guest

See you tomorrow.
THANK YOU bjh

Old 12-02-2020, 06:29 AM

7,406 posts, read 5,519,247 times

Today's Question(s):
Abraham Lincoln, Grizzly Adams, Hitler, the guys from ZZ Top.

What's something(s) you have too much of? too much time on my hands.

What's something that makes/made you "dot your i's and cross your t's" i.e. be really careful: writing out a card or letter.

Foodie Question(s):
How do you decide what side dishes to serve? With a meat dish I serve potato’s or pasta and veggies. Pasta dish is bread and salad.

Any entree(s) that automatically go with any sides when ypu're planning a meal? no

Any cold side dishes you like? cole slaw, salad, potato salad.
[b]
Just to:
Let's talk gardening supplies: what, if anything, you've bought, need, want or have: seeds for next year.

Old 12-02-2020, 08:46 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,825 posts, read 81,804,326 times
Today's Question(s):
Name one or more people living or historical known for their facial hair: Billy Gibbons

What's something that makes/made you "dot your i's and cross your t's" i.e. be really careful: Tax return

Foodie Question(s):
How do you decide what side dishes to serve? What we have, and what I feel like.

Any entree(s) that automatically go with any sides when you're planning a meal? Fries have to go with burgers, corn bread has to go with chili.

Any cold side dishes you like? Cole slaw, pea salad, potato salad, macaroni salad.

Just to:

I have a mini tiller, chipper shredder, riding mower, chain saw, pole saw, various shovels, hoes and rakes, several sizes of pruning shears, lawn edger, and hedge trimmer. I can't imagine wanting or needing anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics