Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 04:58 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,138,779 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! It is March 5th today where I live, here near the beach in Palm Beach county, Florida...it's about 59 degrees outside and the satellites are very visible as they are seen crossing the 'Big Dipper' asterism...a.k.a. Ursa Major. Spell checker is still absurdly changing proper words into stupidly nonsensical junk! Does City Data have a spell checker somewhere that I can change some of this. I don't think so. It's my darned Amazon Fire tablet. Grrr went the big bear (Ursa Major).

~ What Dr. Seuss stories were/are your favorites? (My favorite has always been 'Star bellied sneeches', a book that delightfully taught the lesson that everyone else that is different than you is just as good as you are.

~ Stick some stuff inside the big soft flour tortilla shell (burrito wrapper):

~ Do you subscribe to an antivirus thingy for your computing thingy?

~ Have you any cheese grater or do you buy pre-shredded?

~ A few things that you ate during the last week:

~ Have you ever seen what appeared to be a drug deal going on?

~ What sort of butter/margarine spreads do you have...oils?

~ Things you like to do in your free time?

*** Thank you! *** Have a mighty fine Fryday and weekend! ***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 05:31 AM

30,549 posts, read 16,240,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Hey everyone! It is March 5th today where I live, here near the beach in Palm Beach county, Florida...it's about 59 degrees outside and the satellites are very visible as they are seen crossing the 'Big Dipper' asterism...a.k.a. Ursa Major. Spell checker is still absurdly changing proper words into stupidly nonsensical junk! Does City Data have a spell checker somewhere that I can change some of this. I don't think so. It's my darned Amazon Fire tablet. Grrr went the big bear (Ursa Major).

~ What Dr. Seuss stories were/are your favorites? (My favorite has always been 'Star bellied sneeches', a book that delightfully taught the lesson that everyone else that is different than you is just as good as you are.

Actually have never read any. I've seen How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Horton Hears a Who. Like both of those.

ground beef, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream.

yes

Lately have been buying preshredded. Probably ought to get rid of the grater.

chili, mac and cheese, a few sandwiches.

have some fake butter that's supposed to be healthier than real butter. Probably healthier for the cows anyway.

stitch, play on the computer, read. work on a book I'm not writing.

thanks, roosty.

Have a great weekend everyone

Old 03-05-2021, 05:32 AM

50,386 posts, read 64,034,538 times
~ What Dr. Seuss stories were/are your favorites? (My favorite has always been 'Star bellied sneeches', a book that delightfully taught the lesson that everyone else that is different than you is just as good as you are. Although I’m against book banning, I’ve never been a fan of Dr. Seuss books. Pre Covid, I read to a kindergarten every week. There were many old classic children’s books that were no longer appropriate, so I mostly avoided the oldies.

~ Stick some stuff inside the big soft flour tortilla shell (burrito wrapper): Refried beans, shredded pork, cheese, a bit of avocado, a squeeze of lime, hot fresh salsa, and some sour cream.

~ Do you subscribe to an antivirus thingy for your computing thingy? Probably on our laptop, but I just use my iPad.

~ Have you any cheese grater or do you buy pre-shredded? Yes and yes.

~ A few things that you ate during the last week:Fried chicken, meatloaf, a hamburger.

~ Have you ever seen what appeared to be a drug deal going on? No

~ What sort of butter/margarine spreads do you have...oils? Extra Virgin olive oil, whatever butter is on sale, canola oil. Imperial margarine and Crisco for some baking, and sometimes we use Smart Balance.

~ Things you like to do in your free time? Gardening, knitting and watching TV

Old 03-05-2021, 05:47 AM

126,288 posts, read 19,066,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ What Dr. Seuss stories were/are your favorites? (My favorite has always been 'Star bellied sneeches', a book that delightfully taught the lesson that everyone else that is different than you is just as good as you are. I not too familiar with his books

~ Stick some stuff inside the big soft flour tortilla shell (burrito wrapper): Never had a burrito wrap,but I suppose it is similar like a roti/chapati.I would add lettuce,shredded chicken tandoori,red onion slices,cucumber slices,tarmarind sauce and a bit of chili raita

~ Do you subscribe to an antivirus thingy for your computing thingy? I have antivirus protection on my electronic devices

~ Have you any cheese grater or do you buy pre-shredded? I have a cheese grater

~ A few things that you ate during the last week: I had last night Cornish game hen,garlic mashed potatoes,green beans and for dessert Poire belle Hélène.Another day I had German pancakes with homemade applesauce

~ What sort of butter/margarine spreads do you have...oils? I use Gay Lea and Lactantia butter and use mostly olive oil

~ Things you like to do in your free time? Read books,paint,play music or go for a walk/bike ride and so much more pending on the season

THANK YOU roosty

Old 03-05-2021, 05:55 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
~ What Dr. Seuss stories were/are your favorites? (My favorite has always been 'Star bellied sneeches', a book that delightfully taught the lesson that everyone else that is different than you is just as good as you are. I read them too long ago to remember what they were about but I do know I've read 2 on the "banned by publisher" list: "On Beyond Zebra" and "I Think I Saw It On Mulberry Street." But, I wasn't a big fan of his stuff. My sister was more into him.

~ Stick some stuff inside the big soft flour tortilla shell (burrito wrapper): I like steak fajita meat in soft tacos with sour cream.

~ Do you subscribe to an antivirus thingy for your computing thingy? Yes

~ Have you any cheese grater or do you buy pre-shredded? Have a cheese grater and buy chunks of Romano cheese to grate.

~ A few things that you ate during the last week: Nothing special.

~ Have you ever seen what appeared to be a drug deal going on? No. I'm totally unobservant.

~ What sort of butter/margarine spreads do you have...oils? No margarine. Land O Lakes tub butter (salted).

~ Things you like to do in your free time? Turn photos into art. Feed birds. I'm off to do that now.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:16 AM

2,291 posts, read 1,434,146 times

I don't remember having a favorite Dr. Seuss book. I had other books that I liked better, but I did/do like Dr. Seuss.

Black beans, avocado, cilantro, hot sauce, garlic powder, salsa, diced onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, lime juice. Chicken optional. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Yes.

I just buy the pizza blend for whenever I make pizza.

Tomato soup, lentils, kale, pasta salad, Asian salad, a salad from Whataburger, some healthy "cookies" I made with banana, oatmeal and flaxseed, M&M candy bar, tostadas, chicken, pear, bagel.

Likely several.

I hardly use butter. When I do I use the Kroger store brand butter with olive oil. Other than that coconut oil and olive oil.

Work on my rap music career.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:09 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,486,812 times
~ What Dr. Seuss stories were/are your favorites? (My favorite has always been 'Star bellied sneeches', a book that delightfully taught the lesson that everyone else that is different than you is just as good as you are. Because A Little Bug Went Ka-Choo.

~ Stick some stuff inside the big soft flour tortilla shell (burrito wrapper): grilled chicken, cheese, rice, lettuce, tomato, guac, sour cream.

~ Do you subscribe to an antivirus thingy for your computing thingy? No

~ Have you any cheese grater or do you buy pre-shredded? Pre

~ A few things that you ate during the last week: enchiladas. Red snapper. French fries.

~ What sort of butter/margarine spreads do you have...oils? Whatever is on sale.

~ Things you like to do in your free time? Walk, read, watch TV.

Old 03-05-2021, 07:43 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,291,726 times
~ What Dr. Seuss stories were/are your favorites? (My favorite has always been 'Star bellied sneeches', a book that delightfully taught the lesson that everyone else that is different than you is just as good as you are. - I am not familiar with any of his books. I couldn't even tell you what Cat In The Hat is about.

~ Stick some stuff inside the big soft flour tortilla shell (burrito wrapper): - Spinach, mushrooms, cheese.

~ Do you subscribe to an antivirus thingy for your computing thingy? - Webroot.

~ Have you any cheese grater or do you buy pre-shredded? - Neither. I usually buy pizza by the slice. Haven't cooked any type of pasta in many years.

~ A few things that you ate during the last week: - Salmon, green beans, cooked garlic carrots, Sukhi's Indian Cuisine - Chicken Tikka Masala (in Harris Teeter's frozen food case but may be able to find elsewhere), omelet, bagel, cereal, avocado, salads, oranges, and lots more.

~ Have you ever seen what appeared to be a drug deal going on? - I don't know if I consider marijuana a drug but I've seen that...

~ What sort of butter/margarine spreads do you have...oils? - I'm low on that. I took the butter out of the box / wrapper and put it in another container. I only have a little left. Don't remember what brand but it is stick butter.

~ Things you like to do in your free time? - Play the horses (live horse racing) from my computer.
I do the best playing races at Charles Town, WV but also play Laurel Park in Maryland. Usually just those two in that order. I pick spots here and there and not a fanatic about it. Other than that I like to fix my own meals, walk for exercise, play on the internet especially watching YouTube, watch some progressive news programs, and regular TV.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 03-05-2021, 08:03 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,260,275 times
~ What Dr. Seuss stories were/are your favorites? (My favorite has always been 'Star bellied sneeches', a book that delightfully taught the lesson that everyone else that is different than you is just as good as you are. Green Eggs and Ham!

~ Stick some stuff inside the big soft flour tortilla shell (burrito wrapper): Pulled Pork, Rice, Beans, Sour Cream, shredded Cheddar Cheese.

~ Do you subscribe to an antivirus thingy for your computing thingy? No, they are a ripoff.

~ Have you any cheese grater or do you buy pre-shredded? Both

~ A few things that you ate during the last week: Fish Sandwiches (Pollock), BBQ Pork over Cheesey Mashed Potatoes.

~ Have you ever seen what appeared to be a drug deal going on? Often, when I worked in Oakland, CA, and more recently almost every day in the Westlake Park area of Seattle, when I used to take the bus to work.

~ What sort of butter/margarine spreads do you have...oils? Butter is just from Costco, Several varieties of Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil.

~ Things you like to do in your free time? Putter around in my workshop, gardening, fishing, hiking in the woods.

Old 03-05-2021, 09:30 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
[quote=rainroosty;60536805]Hey everyone! It is March 5th today where I live, here near the beach in Palm Beach county, Florida...it's about 59 degrees outside and the satellites are very visible as they are seen crossing the 'Big Dipper' asterism...a.k.a. Ursa Major. Spell checker is still absurdly changing proper words into stupidly nonsensical junk! Does City Data have a spell checker somewhere that I can change some of this. I don't think so. It's my darned Amazon Fire tablet. Grrr went the big bear (Ursa Major).

I haven't read a Doctor Seuss book in about 40 years.
I like chicken and cheddar cheese.
I think so. John takes care of that stuff. I'm pretty techotard.
Yes to both.
Omg Omg that stuffed French toast I've been wanting for about a year. It was sooooo good.
Um. I'll just say yes.
I like Smart Balance and only olive oil in our house.
Take houses apart and put them back together again. Oh lordy. I helped John grind the basement floor with as hand held 6 inch grinder on the spots the big grinder didn't get. One more day of that nightmare.

Thanks roosty. You too! You should have seen my hair with all of that concrete dust in it yesterday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics