Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 08:49 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times

Advertisements

Welcome. Let's get on with . . .

Today's Question(s):
What chore(s) inside your home do you find most challenging?

Have you been asked a question you didn't mind after the words, "if you don't mind my asking"?

Do you remember what subject(s) you did or didn't mind being asked about?

How long is too long to wait for someone who is late?

Foodie Question(s):
This is imaginary so treat yourself: what chips do you want?

Just to:
Do you have any emails pinned to the top of your email account(s), and if so can you say the subject of at least one pinned message? If you don't like this question feel free to skip it or say, "Good night, Gracie"

Arrivederci!

Last edited by bjh; 06-01-2021 at 09:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 10:45 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Today's Question(s):
I pay a service to clean for me. I can't do anything that involves kneeling or sitting on the floor like cleaning out lower cabinets, cleaning the bathtub or toilet, scrubbing the floor, assembling large items, etc. Don't have the strength in my legs/knees to stand back up.

Have you been asked a question you didn't mind after the words, "if you don't mind my asking"? No, I minded. I don't mind when people ask me (face to face) where I got something or where I took some photo. I mind when I get personal questions about me face to face.

Do you remember what subject(s) you did or didn't mind being asked about? Yes, someone asked questions about my education in a retirement class like where did I go to college, what was my major. I asked if they were writing a newspaper story to let them know I don't like being interrogated.

How long is too long to wait for someone who is late? More than 10 minutes. My ex-husband was always late with getting home so we could be on time for some event usually involving our friends. One day, I just left without him. I wanted our friends to know it wasn't my fault we were always late.

Foodie Question(s):
Poker chips. Not much of a potato chip eater. Prefer pretzels and nuts.

Just to:
Do you have any emails pinned to the top of your email account(s), and if so can you say the subject of at least one pinned message? If you don't like this question feel free to skip it or say, "Good night, Gracie"
Don't have a pinned e-mail feature but I do have a folder I call "Amazon" that contains the e-mails from places (not just Amazon) telling me when packages will arrive. I hate it when I order say 10 things from one store on one date and they think they have to get it to me faster or it's coming from different merchants so they split it up into 6 (for example) different delivery dates and 2 or 3 different carriers. Since I do about 98% of my shopping on line, every morning I check the folder to find out what's coming today.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:31 AM

21,552 posts, read 8,733,710 times
Today's Question(s):
Vacuuming, because Mr. Bay is always at home, he doesn't like the noise, and he he acts all butt hurt whenever I get the vacuum cleaner out. Apparently he thinks it is some kind a torture device that I am inflicting on him for my own sadistic pleasure.
Have you been asked a question you didn't mind after the words, "if you don't mind my asking"?
Yes, because I don't mind personal questions.
I sometimes find it hard to talk about my childhood, so that can be difficult even though I don't mind people asking. I do mind people questioning why I don't have children as if I am some sort of freak.
I'd say 30 minutes.
Foodie Question(s):
Oh, goody! I guess I'll take sour cream and onion, but I also love corn chips and tortilla chips with salsa.
Just to:
I don't have any pinned emails, so "Good night, Gracie!"

Thanks, bjh!

Old 06-02-2021, 12:58 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,393,132 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
Keeping the dining room table clear of papers.

Have you been asked a question you didn't mind after the words, "if you don't mind my asking"? Many times

Do you remember what subject(s) you did or didn't mind being asked about? Do mind, weight loss questions

How long is too long to wait for someone who is late? There has to be a good reason to be late. I am a very ontime person, I don't understand late people. Husband is a compulsively late person. If we need to leave to go somewhere at 11am, I will tell him we have to leave at 10:30am. One of the many reasons we don't travel together!

Foodie Question(s): This is imaginary so treat yourself: what chips do you want? UTZ

Just to:
Do you have any emails pinned to the top of your email account(s), and if so can you say the subject of at least one pinned message?
I have a lot of "flagged" emails.

See ya...

Old 06-02-2021, 04:35 AM

50,385 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Today's Question(s):

What chore(s) inside your home do you find most challenging? Anything that involves kneeling, bending or stooping, which is almost everything.

Have you been asked a question you didn't mind after the words, "if you don't mind my asking"? How much did it cost you to_____

Do you remember what subject(s) you did or didn't mind being asked about? I believe it was the cost of our refrigerator, with a few people who were in the market for one.

How long is too long to wait for someone who is late? Over 15 minutes.

Foodie Question(s):

This is imaginary so treat yourself: what chips do you want? Regular, kettle cooked potato chips.

Just to:
Do you have any emails pinned to the top of your email account(s), and if so can you say the subject of at least one pinned message? If you don't like this question feel free to skip it or say, "Good night, Gracie" I have categories to save emails, like Sales Conformations.

Old 06-02-2021, 05:31 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,921,444 times
Good morning to all!

Today's Question(s):
I scrub out the shower every so often, top to bottom. But it's a good feeling when completed.

Usually nothing good comes after those words. Thankfully I can't recall the last time they were said to me.

I didn't like being asked my whereabouts when I came home at night as a teen.

It depends on what they are late for and their reason.

Foodie Question(s):
Just plain old potato chips. Well, maybe some Frito's Scoops too.

Just to:
Do you have any emails pinned to the top of your email account(s), and if so can you say the subject of at least one pinned message?
I pin emails as a follow up or to-do list, so there are several there now ranging from pet food delivery to rescheduling a cruise.

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

Old 06-02-2021, 05:33 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,486,812 times

Today's Question(s):
What chore(s) inside your home do you find most challenging? I hate scrubbing the bathtub.

Have you been asked a question you didn't mind after the words, "if you don't mind my asking"? yes, don’t ask me how much money I have, none of your biz.

Do you remember what subject(s) you did or didn't mind being asked about? I never minded being asked some personal questions like about my family or job.

How long is too long to wait for someone who is late? 15 minutes

Foodie Question(s):
This is imaginary so treat yourself: what chips do you want? Anything cheese.

Just to:

Arrivederci!

Old 06-02-2021, 05:36 AM

126,288 posts, read 19,066,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
What chore(s) inside your home do you find most challenging? I really do not like cleaning windows

Have you been asked a question you didn't mind after the words, "if you don't mind my asking"? I don't remember someone asking me like this.....But I have been often asked where to find an item in a grocery store

Do you remember what subject(s) you did or didn't mind being asked about? Mostly people ask me in a grocery store where they can find an item or for directions on a trail

How long is too long to wait for someone who is late? I prefer punctuality, but would give them at least 1/2 hour, hoping they would give me a call notifying me they will be a bit late.....

Foodie Question(s):
This is imaginary so treat yourself: what chips do you want? Doritos spicy barbecue chips

Just to:
Whenever an email arrives it is in the inbox,if important I put it in a category
folder I chose

Arrivederci!
A domani bjh

Old 06-02-2021, 07:50 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
[quote=bjh;61164372]Welcome. Let's get on with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Lately? All of them. I'm seriously over worked these days.
LOL. Yes. Our electrician, who we've known and like a lot for over 20 years asked us how much we paid for the condo we bought with our friends. He was there updating and fixing some problems last week.
You can ask me anything.
I'd say 30 minutes.
Foodie Question(s):
Harvest cheddar sun chips.
Just to:

Nope.
Arrivederci!

Thanks bjh. I finally found someone to put in the water line at the rental and hired him yesterday. The realtor I talked to wants us to paint the attic bedroom. Yikes. Add that to the to do list. We are just working our buns off on the condo and have been there just about every day since we closed on it. There's been some unfortunate surprises, but we are having fun with our friends fixing it up. We are all fully vaxed and it's nice being together again. They're so excited about moving in.

I'll be awol for quite awhile yet. There's so much to do it's overwhelming.

Thanks to those who have been worried about me and checked up on me. I'm fine, just crazy busy.

Old 06-02-2021, 07:56 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,260,275 times
Today's Question(s):
What chore(s) inside your home do you find most challenging? Vacuuming the stairs.

Have you been asked a question you didn't mind after the words, "if you don't mind my asking"?I usually don't mind.

Do you remember what subject(s) you did or didn't mind being asked about? I don't remember anyone asking a question that I minded.

How long is too long to wait for someone who is late? I'd like to say 5 minutes, but have had to wait a lot longer than that a few times.

Foodie Question(s):
This is imaginary so treat yourself: what chips do you want? Fritos.

Just to:

I don't mind the question, but I don't have any emails pinned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics