Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 07:35 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,002,323 times

Advertisements

Greetings. Well we are finally getting what I consider fall weather. Lots of gusty winds with a mix of sunshine and rain. I have been out enjoying the fall weather and just now realised I needed to come up with some questions. So these questions may, or may not be on the strange side.

Saturday's Questions:

-When grocery shopping do you bring reusable shopping bags from home to bag the groceries in?

-If you use your own grocery bags have you forgotten to bring them with you when going shopping?

-Do you keep any grocery bags in the car in case you need to make an unplanned stop at the grocery store?

-How many loads of laundry do you do per week?

-Do you ever go somewhere such as the airport, train station or perhaps a shipyard just to sit and watch what is going on?

-Time to fess up...Do you keep a hidden stash of chocolate at home just for yourself?

-Butterscotch or Chocolate?

-Way back when you were in school did you bring a lunch or eat the school's hot lunch?

Well that's all for now. If I happen to think of any more questions, crappy or not, I will use them for Sunday's QOTD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 09:25 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,534,641 times
Saturday's Questions:

-When grocery shopping do you bring reusable shopping bags from home to bag the groceries in? Nope

-If you use your own grocery bags have you forgotten to bring them with you when going shopping?

-Do you keep any grocery bags in the car in case you need to make an unplanned stop at the grocery store? Nope

-How many loads of laundry do you do per week? I make one trip to the laundromat a week. Two loads, one colored clothes
one white

-Do you ever go somewhere such as the airport, train station or perhaps a shipyard just to sit and watch what is going on?
Nope
-Time to fess up...Do you keep a hidden stash of chocolate at home just for yourself? It ain't hidden. It's right out there in plain sight. lol

-Butterscotch or Chocolate? Chocolate

-Way back when you were in school did you bring a lunch or eat the school's hot lunch? Depended what was on the menu. In high school I went out to eat at lunch. We had open campus for lunch until my senior year

Old 11-05-2021, 10:52 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,379,036 times
Greetings. Well we are finally getting what I consider fall weather. Lots of gusty winds with a mix of sunshine and rain. I have been out enjoying the fall weather and just now realised I needed to come up with some questions. So these questions may, or may not be on the strange side.

Saturday's Questions:

-When grocery shopping do you bring reusable shopping bags from home to bag the groceries in?
Nope.
n/a
-Do you keep any grocery bags in the car in case you need to make an unplanned stop at the grocery store?
n/a
3 or 4
I haven't gone to those places. Sounds like a good idea.
-Time to fess up...Do you keep a hidden stash of chocolate at home just for yourself?
Nope
Chocolate
-Way back when you were in school did you bring a lunch or eat the school's hot lunch?
Mostly the school's lunch.

Well that's all for now. If I happen to think of any more questions, crappy or not, I will use them for Sunday's QOTD.
It's a deal.

Old 11-05-2021, 10:58 PM

21,538 posts, read 8,721,023 times
Saturday's Questions:

Yes, almost always.
That's what "almost always" means. Occasionally I do forget.
Yes, I do.
Because of the California drought, I cut back from three loads to two.
No, I haven't done anything like that in ages.
Not just for me, and not hidden, but there is a stash.
Chocolate
I did both. When I was in grade school those school lunches were the best meal I had all day, and they only cost 25 cents.

Thanks, Mr. Mutt!

Old 11-06-2021, 12:31 AM

44,349 posts, read 20,053,982 times

Saturday's Questions:

-When grocery shopping do you bring reusable shopping bags from home to bag the groceries in? I used to, but since COVID came along, my supermarket no longer permits people to bring bags in. It's a shame, really.

-If you use your own grocery bags have you forgotten to bring them with you when going shopping? Back in the day, yes. Sometimes I would be half-way through shopping and realize I'd left the cloth bags in the trunk of my car.

-Do you keep any grocery bags in the car in case you need to make an unplanned stop at the grocery store? I have a few in the trunk, which I use on the rare occasions when I stop in at an Aldi store, which does not provide bags for customers. There, you have to either use boxes which you find on the shelves or bags which you bring yourself. Or you can purchase bags. Nearly everyone brings their own bags.

-How many loads of laundry do you do per week? About every 10 days I do two loads. My dryer has been broken for several months, and when I wash clothes I hang them from hangers and racks about the house to dry. I save up sheets and towels until I have a full load and after I wash them I go to a Laundromat to dry them.

-Do you ever go somewhere such as the airport, train station or perhaps a shipyard just to sit and watch what is going on? I used to, though I haven't done it recently. Before security got tighter, we used to occasionally (about every couple of years) go to O'Hare airport and spend the day watching the planes come and go. Back then, anyone was permitted to go to the gate areas even if they weren't flying. Another place I've been a few times to watch vehicles come and go was the locks at Sault Ste. Marie at the border of Michigan and Ontario. I could watch the ships pass through the locks al day. It was so cool.

-Time to fess up...Do you keep a hidden stash of chocolate at home just for yourself? Of course. Chocolate is my addiction. Must have chocolate!

-Butterscotch or Chocolate? Chocolate!

-Way back when you were in school did you bring a lunch or eat the school's hot lunch? [color="darkorchid"]From kindergarten through 8th grade I walked to school and walked home for lunch every day, with very few exceptions. In high school, I almost always brought my lunch in a brown paper sack. When I was a senior, on rare occasions I'd buy food in the cafeteria.

Well that's all for now. If I happen to think of any more questions, crappy or not, I will use them for Sunday's QOTD. That'll work! Thanks for the Saturday Q's, Mutt. Happy weekend, everyone.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-06-2021, 12:57 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,384,679 times
Good Morning

Saturday's Questions:

-How many loads of laundry do you do per week? Two

-Do you ever go somewhere such as the airport, train station or perhaps a shipyard just to sit and watch what is going on? No, but I do spend 40 hours in an airport every week. Great people watching, never gets old.

-Butterscotch or Chocolate? Chocolate

-Way back when you were in school did you bring a lunch or eat the school's hot lunch? Bring lunch

Enjoy the day--we are almost at peak with the Autumn foliage!

Old 11-06-2021, 01:16 AM

11,367 posts, read 9,279,717 times
Saturday's Questions:

-When grocery shopping do you bring reusable shopping bags from home to bag the groceries in? - Yes, t's required here and signs are out to remind customers to bring their own bag. Plastic bags have been banned in the city I live in (unless one brings their own of course) and if you want a paper bag one has to pay for it. Some surrounding counties are doing the same.

Too much plastic is ending up on our streets and in the harbor. I'm one of only about 10% who recycle the plastic bags so the mayor put a stop to it. As someone who is pro-environment I fully support the policy.

-If you use your own grocery bags have you forgotten to bring them with you when going shopping? - I'll go back to my car to get one but I don't recall the last time that's happened. Closing my car door and walking a few steps before going back is not counted.

-Do you keep any grocery bags in the car in case you need to make an unplanned stop at the grocery store? - Always. There are so many stores here that I really like and are close by. I like things fresh and I lack room for storage. I go to a store at least 4-5 times per week.

-How many loads of laundry do you do per week? - By far my most dreaded chore because I have to haul to a laundromat. It's a big time hassle. I average 2-3 loads every other week.

-Do you ever go somewhere such as the airport, train station or perhaps a shipyard just to sit and watch what is going on? - Don't.

-Time to fess up...Do you keep a hidden stash of chocolate at home just for yourself? - No. I buy by the piece and not everyday or my multiple shopping trips. The small amount I buy usually does not make it into my apartment. Per usual I have nothing like that in my apartment, in fact, no junk type food at all.

FWIW - I live alone so there is no reason to hide anything.

-Butterscotch or Chocolate? - Chocolate wins but I like both.

-Way back when you were in school did you bring a lunch or eat the school's hot lunch? - Usually the latter. Yuck when I think back on that. Not my idea of nutrition / brain food.

Well that's all for now. If I happen to think of any more questions, crappy or not, I will use them for Sunday's QOTD. - Thanks for your time and your usual great questions!

Old 11-06-2021, 01:17 AM

44,623 posts, read 61,597,128 times
Saturday's Questions:

-When grocery shopping do you bring reusable shopping bags from home to bag the groceries in? Nope not allowed.

-If you use your own grocery bags have you forgotten to bring them with you when going shopping? n/a

-Do you keep any grocery bags in the car in case you need to make an unplanned stop at the grocery store? n/a

-How many loads of laundry do you do per week? 2-3

-Do you ever go somewhere such as the airport, train station or perhaps a shipyard just to sit and watch what is going on? Did a few times when I was real young, airports.

-Time to fess up...Do you keep a hidden stash of chocolate at home just for yourself? Nope, spouse does, sorta.

-Butterscotch or Chocolate? Both, as puddings.

-Way back when you were in school did you bring a lunch or eat the school's hot lunch? Early years brown bagged, later years either off campus or school cafeteria.

Rate this post positively

Old 11-06-2021, 01:39 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,002,323 times
Saturday's Questions:

The state just banned plastic bags. The state is also requiring people to pay 8 cents for every paper bag the store provides. Not wanting to pay 8 cents per bag I did buy several reusable bags to bring with me.

Oh...Just about every time. I end up buying more reusable bags. Soon I will have enough to keep a months worth in the Jeep

I try. Being single I do not have wife supervision to ensure I do everything right.

I only do a couple loads a month. Clothes, sheets, towels and anything else all go in the same load. Once again, no wife supervision when doing laundry

I go down by the train station and watch the trains

I do not. Like John13 most chocolate I buy never lasts long enough to make to my home.

Chocolate. Never developed a taste for butterscotch.

Other than the 5 weeks of 5th grade in Oklahoma City I never went to a school until 10th grade that had a hot lunch. In 10th grade the school built a cafeteria. I bought a 5 day meal pass. They served fried chicken the first day. All I got was a wing and a back. I gave away the remaining 4 days on the pass. Never had a school lunch again until college.

Old 11-06-2021, 02:06 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Saturday's Questions:

No

N/A

-Do you keep any grocery bags in the car in case you need to make an unplanned stop at the grocery store? N/A

-How many loads of laundry do you do per week? 1

-Do you ever go somewhere such as the airport, train station or perhaps a shipyard just to sit and watch what is going on? No but I would if I had any of those things in my town, especially the shipyard. I love taking photos of freighters.

-Time to fess up...Do you keep a hidden stash of chocolate at home just for yourself? Everything in my home is "my stash" since no one else lives with me.

-Butterscotch or Chocolate? chocolate

-Way back when you were in school did you bring a lunch or eat the school's hot lunch? Both. They used to give us a monthly menu. If I didn't like what was on the menu for a particular day, I brought my lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics