Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 10:58 PM

12,655 posts, read 2,999,589 times

Advertisements

Happy 13th.

What do you do to winterize your home or car?

Name anything that's hard to remove:

Name anything you wouldn't want to live near:

Name anything convenient to live near:

Excluding politics can you recall any "see, I told you so" moments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 11:30 PM

30,699 posts, read 16,347,482 times
Happy 13th.

car-just get washed/waxed before winter
house-furnace checked every other year

crabgrass?

race track, biker bar, airport

a park, public transportation, pizza shop

I try not to. It's such a put-down.

Thanks, Peg

Old 11-12-2021, 11:31 PM

11,407 posts, read 9,332,093 times
What do you do to winterize your home or car? - Modern vehicles do not need winterizing compared to long ago. 90 - 120K and you are good.

Name anything that's hard to remove: - Bad memories.

Name anything you wouldn't want to live near: - Trash including discarded needles from drug addicts shooting up. Some videos I have seen on YouTube are just appalling.
Any sewage smell is another.

Name anything convenient to live near: - Gourmet food stores and medical care which are here.

Excluding politics can you recall any "see, I told you so" moments? - Excluding politics is tough.

Okay, thought of something - I have a couple of long time friends who are into horse racing like I am. While I am not always correct many times I am regarding upcoming performances. Not only friends and going way back regarding people I used to know, but the betting public in general and of course regarding the latter saying this to myself. It's all in fun. Thinking of Thursday night and a big longshot I hit as part of the late Pick 3 (winners in 3 straight races) as well as me throwing out a heavy favorite that performed poorly as part of the bet.

Old 11-13-2021, 12:27 AM

44,689 posts, read 61,837,844 times
What do you do to winterize your home or car? No need to living in the nice warm desert.

Name anything that's hard to remove: Tar, gum, flat tire.

Name anything you wouldn't want to live near: Sewage treatment plant, prison, shooting range.

Name anything convenient to live near: Grocery store, restaurant, barber.

Excluding politics can you recall any "see, I told you so" moments? Yelling at contestants on game shows that can't get the answesr right.

Old 11-13-2021, 12:51 AM

37,818 posts, read 41,126,784 times
Happy 13th.

Nothing.

Name anything that's hard to remove: Red juice drink (car carpet or home carpet) stains or red jello (when liquid) stains (kitchen counter tops). Don't know the reason why they are really hard to get out. Bumper stickers. Nothing sadder than seeing a faded political bumper sticker from 4 or 5 elections ago when your candidate lost although it does say something good about your car that's still on the road after all of those years.

Name anything you wouldn't want to live near: Lilac gardens because of the smell. Don't know why but I can smell lilacs, cut and in a vase on someone's work desk or inside a house or growing outdoors in a garden before I see them and to me they smell like cat urine even if they look pretty. Sulphur factory because of the rotten egg smell. Duck farm because of the smell. Nuclear power plant if I lived on an island (too hard to get away when everyone is evacuating at the same time). California woods because of their too frequent fires. Tornado alley for obvious reasons. Any school at pick up time because of all of the vehicles 5 days a week.

Name anything convenient to live near: A hospital if you have any life threatening condition and getting there quickly might save your life.

Excluding politics can you recall any "see, I told you so" moments? Many and I could be the speaker or the receiver of those words. I'm pretty good at figuring out people's real motive so I could say it to a third party about someone else. On the receiving end, I'm likely to ignore good advice if I don't know the person or if I do know the person but don't like them enough to believe them about anything. Have to experience whatever it is myself and make my own mistakes...or not.

Old 11-13-2021, 12:52 AM

21,617 posts, read 8,783,659 times
I replace the car's carpet floor mats with rubber ones.
Price stickers.
Petroleum refinery
Grocery store
I'm still working on it. Mr. Bay has been asking me to buy a frozen carrot cake and refuses to believe me when I tell him that no one makes them anymore. I need to make him go to the store with me one of these days so he can see for himself.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 11-13-2021, 04:52 AM

50,457 posts, read 64,317,889 times
Happy 13th.

What do you do to winterize your home or car? I take in the cushions on the front porch.

Name anything that's hard to remove: Some stains.

Name anything you wouldn't want to live near: A kennel

Name anything convenient to live near: The beach

Excluding politics can you recall any "see, I told you so" moments? Cannot think of one.

Old 11-13-2021, 05:31 AM

126,387 posts, read 19,147,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Happy 13th.

What do you do to winterize your home or car? .......I store garden furniture in garage,shut outside faucets off for winter and make sure house and garden are winter ready

Name anything that's hard to remove: ....... get gum from underneath the shoe removed

Name anything you wouldn't want to live near: ......Hydro power lines or close to a city

Name anything convenient to live near: .........farm where I get my honey and eggs

Excluding politics can you recall any "see, I told you so" moments?..........nothing comes in mind at the moment

Thank you Peg

Old 11-13-2021, 06:04 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,887,577 times
Happy 13th.

What do you do to winterize your home or car? I winterize the underground sprinkler system.

Name anything that's hard to remove: old rusted on parts.

Name anything you wouldn't want to live near: People.

Name anything convenient to live near: grocery store

Excluding politics can you recall any "see, I told you so" moments? yes, several.

Old 11-13-2021, 06:33 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,793,552 times
What do you do to winterize your home or car? not as much with the house, little better insulated

Name anything that's hard to remove: the sticker off a banana. Why? Because the goats love the peels.

Name anything you wouldn't want to live near: the noisy city

Name anything convenient to live near: family

Excluding politics can you recall any "see, I told you so" moments? I'm not a 'see, I told you so' type of guy

and yes, people still eat carrot cake, from a recipe, "see I told you so"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics