Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 05:16 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times

Advertisements

Tis New Year's Eve eve and all I've got to give are your questions back to you.
Here are some of the questions suggested by QotD regulars, selected and (sometimes) adapted by yours truly. Enjoy!

Today's Question(s):

Stripes17: (suggested this summer) When you were younger, what did you "want to be" when you grew up and did you follow that path?

LauraC: What is/are your least favorite QOTD subject(s)?

LauraC: Besides the problem for which you are visiting a doctor, what is the thing(s) you like least about a doctor visit?

SUPbud: When it comes to "colorful kid-band-aids (Candy Crush, Winnie the Pooh, Snoopy designs, etc.) -" are they "only for kids, or would you use them as an adult"?

kygman: What's your favorite type of music and your favorite band/singer?

GiGi603: What is your favorite color?

Foodie Question(s) by kab0906:
What is your "Favorite way to eat a potato,"?

What is the "last meal you ate out."?

Do you have "champagne for new years" or have you?

Just to:
Ever had a mishap opening a bottle of any kind: champagne, wine, . . . ketchup, pickles, etc. ?

Wishing everyone a happy 2022!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2021, 05:29 PM

21,552 posts, read 8,733,710 times
Today's Question(s):

Stripes17: (suggested this summer) When you were younger, what did you "want to be" when you grew up and did you follow that path?
I first wanted to be an artist and then a teacher. Neither happened.
Questions that don't require any thought to answer, such as "how many _____ do you own?" I prefer questions that reveal something about the person.
LauraC: Besides the problem for which you are visiting a doctor, what is the thing(s) you like least about a doctor visit?
Filling out forms.
SUPbud: When it comes to "colorful kid-band-aids (Candy Crush, Winnie the Pooh, Snoopy designs, etc.) -" are they "only for kids, or would you use them as an adult"?
I wouldn't use them, but I wouldn't judge people who do.
Favorite type of music: Anything that's good. I like oldies, classic rock, opera, classical, folk, blues, big band and swing.
Blue-green
Baked with sour cream, butter and chives.
I had minestrone, salmon in a light lemon sauce with mixed vegetables and a shared chocolate mousse cake for dessert.
Always. I love champagne.
Just to:
Ever had a mishap opening a bottle of any kind: champagne, wine, . . . ketchup, pickles, etc. ?
Yes, I've made a few messes.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 12-29-2021, 07:29 PM

5,194 posts, read 1,875,669 times

Pilot, and no.

Celebrities, movies, any stuff I don't know about lmao

Waiting in the waiting room especially if there are people with something contagious, or babies!

Dunno anything bout these.

I really don't have a favorite, depends how the mood takes me, and I like a lot of different things.

Various shades of blue.

Sauteed with cheese and herbs/onions but also dauphinoise as a close second.

Honestly.. don't remember.

I have done in the past but not in recent years.

Just to:

Yes, I remember having ketchup going across the room and landing on the curtains ages ago.

Old 12-29-2021, 07:49 PM

14,784 posts, read 8,120,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Here are some of the questions suggested by QotD regulars, selected and (sometimes) adapted by yours truly. Enjoy!

Today's Question(s):

It would change quite frequently. Mostly a Veterinarian, a Forest Ranger, Zoo worker....
Never did anything like that, but I still love animals.
As a little girl I wanted to be a Nun for awhile! Then I wanted to be a SAHM and have 12 kids!
What on earth was wrong with me back then!!!!!

Depends....I usually avoid them or just don't answer
The poking, prodding, sticking with needles, etc.
Never used them, I guess if I needed one and that was all that was available I would probably use.
kygman: What's your: favorite type of music and your favorite band/singer?
Favorite? Oldies Rock and Pop.....Lots of favorites -too many to name.
Blue
Never met one that I didn't like! Probably mashed or baked...but hash browns, french fries, roasted and scalloped are pretty great also. They are pure carbs though, so I try not to eat them too often
We don't really eat out right now during these covid days...we ordered out grub hub from Frisches last week. Even when we eat out it's usually eat in, at least for now.
But not really big on restaurant food...much prefer home cooked food. But sometimes it's unavoidable.

Not really a fan of champagne, I have had it several times mostly at weddings, etc.
Not big on alcoholic drinks...every couple years I might have something.

Just to:
Ever had a mishap opening a bottle of any kind: champagne, wine, . . . ketchup, pickles, etc. ? Not really. Awhile back trying to open a bottle of wine, and it had been so long since we opened one, I couldn't find the cork screw! That was interesting!

Old 12-29-2021, 08:23 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
Today's Question(s):

Stripes17: (suggested this summer) When you were younger, what did you "want to be" when you grew up and did you follow that path? I wanted to work for the newspaper, like my mother. Didn't go that route

LauraC: What is/are your least favorite QOTD subject(s)? The kinds that take a lot of thinking

When he says "bend over"
SUPbud: When it comes to "colorful kid-band-aids (Candy Crush, Winnie the Pooh, Snoopy designs, etc.) -" are they "only for kids, or would you use them as an adult"? I don't care what they look like, as long as they cover the cut

kygman: What's your favorite type of music and your favorite band/singer? Rock and oldies. CCR, Chicago

GiGi603: What is your favorite color? Blue

What is your "Favorite way to eat a potato,"? Fried or baked

What is the "last meal you ate out."? Just ate a steak dinner for our anniversary

Do you have "champagne for new years" or have you? Nope. Don't drink

Just to:
Ever had a mishap opening a bottle of any kind: champagne, wine, . . . ketchup, pickles, etc. ? I dropped a jar of pickles that spilled all over the place

Old 12-29-2021, 08:33 PM

44,370 posts, read 20,076,303 times

Today's Question(s):

Stripes17: (suggested this summer) When you were younger, what did you "want to be" when you grew up and did you follow that path? I wanted to be a medical scientist and find a cure for cancer. Did not follow that path.

LauraC: Besides the problem for which you are visiting a doctor, what is the thing(s) you like least about a doctor visit? Waiting.

SUPbud: When it comes to "colorful kid-band-aids (Candy Crush, Winnie the Pooh, Snoopy designs, etc.) -" are they "only for kids, or would you use them as an adult"? I'd use them if I had them. I don't care what bandages look like as long as they do their job.

kygman: What's your favorite type of music and your favorite band/singer? Classic rock; Led Zeppelin for one.

GiGi603: What is your favorite color? Green because it reminds me of nature.

What is your "Favorite way to eat a potato,"? Baked, with butter, sour cream and bacon.

What is the "last meal you ate out."? This evening I had sumac salmon with green bean salad and jasmine rice. It was heavenly.

Do you have "champagne for new years" or have you? I've had swigs of it at parties in the past, but I don't much care for champagne, especially the cheap stuff.

Just to:
Ever had a mishap opening a bottle of any kind: champagne, wine, . . . ketchup, pickles, etc. ? Nope.

Wishing everyone a happy 2022! Thank you, bjh and all who contributed!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:17 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Today's Question(s):

My first "want to be" was a cowboy. I lived in the Bronx (NYC) and I wasn't a boy so that was never going to happen but I watched a lot of westerns on TV. When I was an older kid, I wanted to be an astronaut but then it dawned on me that I got sick on every amusement park ride and couldn't even sit backwards in a station wagon or on a train so that was out, too. Heck, I even passed out in Florida from the heat when I was 12, so there was no way I was going to live/train there.

LauraC: What is/are your least favorite QOTD subject(s)? Feelings questions about something non-tangible like (just making these up) "When were you hopeful?" or "What could someone do for you if you were unhappy when your bunny rabbit died?" followed by food questions only because I don't think there is any food question that hasn't been asked already.

LauraC: Besides the problem for which you are visiting a doctor, what is the thing(s) you like least about a doctor visit? Sitting in a waiting room with sick people coughing and taking me out of the waiting room to sit for a long length of time in an examining room. I know, besides examining me in the parking lot as I pull into my spot, they can't win with me.

SUPbud: When it comes to "colorful kid-band-aids (Candy Crush, Winnie the Pooh, Snoopy designs, etc.) -" are they "only for kids, or would you use them as an adult"? No. Didn't use them as a kid, either. Don't even know if they existed when I was a kid.

kygman: What's your favorite type of music and your favorite band/singer? My favorite singer is Ed Sheeran (pop) but my favorite music genre overall is country, followed by pre-Beatles oldies.

GiGi603: What is your favorite color? Dark brown or maroon to wear and chartreuse (yellow/green) for everything else (except cars). Yellow is the color I mostly add to outdoor photos but I'd never wear it.

Roasted with the meat.

What is the "last meal you ate out."? ribeye, baked potato and broccoli.

Do you have "champagne for new years" or have you? Tried it once, didn't like it.

Just to:
Of course, it's why I got married but then I discovered Rubbermaid or Tupperware (can't remember which) came up with these cheap rubber squares that helped you open a jar or bottle easier and I got a divorce. (If your wife tells you she married you for any other reason, she just doesn't want to hurt your feelings) But seriously, just 2 days ago I struggled with sauerkraut. Finally decided if I kept stabbing the plastic lid with a steak knife it would open and it did and no, didn't cut myself with the knife, just with the lid. Have you ever tried to open a tub of Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese or those tubs of dishwasher pods without cutting yourself? Why is the plastic lid so sharp? You want to reach for the needle nose pliers...Worst thing to break and spill while attempting to open is tomato sauce in a glass jar, especially if you walk around barefooted.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:46 AM

44,635 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Today's Question(s):

Stripes17: (suggested this summer) When you were younger, what did you "want to be" when you grew up and did you follow that path? Cowboy and no.

LauraC: What is/are your least favorite QOTD subject(s)? Deep subjects. Prefer light hearted subjects.

LauraC: Besides the problem for which you are visiting a doctor, what is the thing(s) you like least about a doctor visit? The long wait.

SUPbud: When it comes to "colorful kid-band-aids (Candy Crush, Winnie the Pooh, Snoopy designs, etc.) -" are they "only for kids, or would you use them as an adult"? Sure.

kygman: What's your favorite type of music and your favorite band/singer? Big band era, 50-60 oldies, early country western, early pops. Karen Carpenter is my favorite singer.

GiGi603: What is your favorite color? Redish orange.

What is your "Favorite way to eat a potato,"? With a fork.

What is the "last meal you ate out."? Country fried steak at a mom/pop cafe.

Do you have "champagne for new years" or have you? No, tastes like vinegar to me.

Just to:
Ever had a mishap opening a bottle of any kind: champagne, wine, . . . ketchup, pickles, etc. ? Have spilled one or 2 at one time or another.

Wishing everyone a happy 2022! U-2 my friend.
Rate this post positively +

Last edited by wit-nit; 12-30-2021 at 12:58 AM..

Old 12-30-2021, 12:54 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,393,132 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):

Stripes17: (suggested this summer) When you were younger, what did you "want to be" when you grew up and did you follow that path? A teacher, glad that didn't happen. I am too much of a procrastinator for that job.

LauraC: Besides the problem for which you are visiting a doctor, what is the thing(s) you like least about a doctor visit? When they keep me waiting past my scheduled appointment time

SUPbud: When it comes to "colorful kid-band-aids (Candy Crush, Winnie the Pooh, Snoopy designs, etc.) -" are they "only for kids, or would you use them as an adult"? If I had to I would. I prefer sheer bandages.

kygman: What's your favorite type of music and your favorite band/singer? No favorites, I like variety.

GiGi603: What is your favorite color? Periwinkle

What is your "Favorite way to eat a potato,"? Going to go with Crazee Cat Lady's answer, "never met on I didn't like!".

What is the "last meal you ate out."? Hmmm, it was at some trendy restaurant near Los Angeles--I don't remember what we had---I do remember it being delicious!

Do you have "champagne for new years" or have you? Husband always buys a bottle. The last few years I just go to bed on time--I am over New Year's Eve messing up my day!

Just to:

Wishing you a lovely day!

Old 12-30-2021, 12:59 AM

30,547 posts, read 16,240,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):

I don't remember wanting to be anything. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Med Tech until I landed in the hospital in my early 20s.

the movie/celebrity ones.

getting poked and prodded where I don't really liked being poked and prodded by someone whom I don't know and is about 30 yrs younger than me.

sure.

Not sure if I have a favorite. Thinking of my CD collection (yes, CD ) I've got a lot of Dire Straight, Gordon LIghtfoot, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Moody Blues and Ofra Haza. oh, and Nightnoise.

green I guess but I like a lot of different colors.

any way someone else wants to cook it.

don't remember. It was before Covid.

nope. Tried it a couple times and don't like it.

Just to:
opened a bottle of catsup once that exploded. rotten catsup all over everywhere. At least the kitchen got cleaned.

thanks, bjh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics