Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 06:37 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times

Advertisements

Hello and welcome to the second Thursday QotD of 2022. Okay, you're right. Once was enough.

Today's Question(s):
When was the last time you had a clean out of household chemicals or would you like to?

Where you live is there a specific way to discard such chemicals or can you just put them with the trash?

What was a recent or memorable item or merchandise you returned?

Can you remember why you returned it or anything else?

Have you ever had a bad haircut?

Foodie Question(s):
Have you ever lived where citrus grows, and if so, what state/province/region/country?

What say You:

"Generally I make it a policy never to skip a chance to __________________________________."

Happy Thursday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 09:40 PM

38,904 posts, read 22,900,003 times
Today's Question(s):
When was the last time you had a clean out of household chemicals or would you like to?
Never had one but would not mind one.

Where you live is there a specific way to discard such chemicals or can you just put them with the trash?
Every Saturday, our waste pickup vendor in an adjacent city hosts an event where chemicals can be disposed of. It's quite popular and the line of cars to get inside can get LONG.

Nothing comes to mind. It must have been a long time ago.

Please see above.^^^

I wouldn't call it bad, but it was shorter than I had liked. My hair grows back fast, though.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you ever lived where citrus grows, and if so, what state/province/region/country?
I currently live in such an area. When I was a kid, my family and I lived in Orlando, Florida, and there were (back then) lots and lots of citrus growing there, like oranges and lemons.

What say You:

"Generally I make it a policy never to skip a chance to be grateful every day."

Happy Friday Eve!

Old 01-12-2022, 10:51 PM

21,549 posts, read 8,731,914 times
Today's Question(s):
I would like to. Thanks for asking. When are you coming over?

We have recycling here, but you can't just leave it at the curb. You have to schedule a pickup.
A garment that was ridiculously large.
I exchanged it for the next size down, which was too small!
Oh, boy, don't get me started. For one thing, my dad cut my hair until I was well into my teens. He thought he was an expert because his father was a barber. I have ample photographic evidence to the contrary.
Foodie Question(s):
Yes, I was born and spent my early years in Southern California. I remember the long drive on a two-lane road through seemingly endless acres of orange groves to get to Disneyland, which had opened the previous year.

"Generally I make it a policy never to skip a chance to
Go out for dinner."

Thanks, bjh!

Old 01-13-2022, 12:17 AM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
Today's Question(s):
When was the last time you had a clean out of household chemicals or would you like to? It's been a few years since cleaning out.

Where you live is there a specific way to discard such chemicals or can you just put them with the trash? There are a few collection events held around here annually.

What was a recent or memorable item or merchandise you returned? Carton of bad milk.

Can you remember why you returned it or anything else? It was sour.

Have you ever had a bad haircut? Many times.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you ever lived where citrus grows, and if so, what state/province/region/country? Yes, CA & AZ. Lemons, oranges, grapefruit.

What say You:

"Generally I make it a policy never to skip a chance to be endearing to the wife .."

Happy Thursday! U-2
Rate this post positively

Old 01-13-2022, 12:32 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,391,897 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):

Where you live is there a specific way to discard such chemicals or can you just put them with the trash? Yes, a specific place in town

What was a recent or memorable item or merchandise you returned? A book to Amazon

Can you remember why you returned it or anything else? It did not hold up to the reviews I read.

Foodie Question(s):
I have not. While in California I love to stop and take photographs of the citrus groves!
What say You:

"Generally I make it a policy never to skip a chance to zip my lips when there is a discussion on politics."

Thanks bjh

Old 01-13-2022, 12:35 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Today's Question(s):
Technically, the cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom are cleaned out periodically to get rid of outdated things including chemicals but don't specifically target chemicals. Have a service that cleans for me and they bring their own stuff to clean so my cleaning stash is small. Also live in an apartment so have no chemicals inside that would be used outside.

Where you live is there a specific way to discard such chemicals or can you just put them with the trash? I don't know what the town rules are for disposal of anything. Their trash is hauled away by the town. The apartment complex where I live has private trash pick up. We have one huge dumpster for everything.

What was a recent or memorable item or merchandise you returned? See, this is where the CD jinx comes in. The last time I answered this question that I never return anything, I had 2 in a row within the next 3 weeks. The last thing was a few years ago. Returned a CD player.

Can you remember why you returned it or anything else? Yeah, it didn't work.

Have you ever had a bad haircut? Yes.

Foodie Question(s):
Never did. Closest I ever lived to any fruit growing was cranberry bogs when I lived on eastern Long Island.

What say You:

have ice cream."

Old 01-13-2022, 01:38 AM

12,323 posts, read 2,972,196 times
Today's Question(s):
I would like to.

Some things you can set out with the trash. They hold collection days for others.
A panini maker.
I was told it was new. It was not. It was dirty which means it was a return.
Unfortunately. Then you have to wait for it to grow out.
Foodie Question(s):
Well, yes, in Texas, but hundreds of miles away in the Rio Grande valley.

What Say You:

make a pit stop at the ladies' room. Lol

Thanks, bjh!

Old 01-13-2022, 05:22 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,920,209 times
Good morning to all!

Today's Question(s):
We cleaned out the cabinet under the kitchen sink a few months ago and got rid of a lot of unused chemical products in the process.

They have a hazardous items day at the local dump every so often.

I haven't returned anything in quite a while.

I don't recall the last return. I think it was a storage rack that I returned to Home Depot because we went with custom storage instead.

Every now and then, especially when a new barber starts working at the regular place I go to.

Foodie Question(s):
Never.

What say You:

"Generally I make it a policy never to skip a chance to _Have fun_."

That's all for me. Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 01-13-2022, 06:22 AM

7,370 posts, read 5,485,714 times
Hello and welcome to the second Thursday QotD of 2022. Okay, you're right. Once was enough.

Today's Question(s):
When was the last time you had a clean out of household chemicals or would you like to? Never have.

Not sure. I know you can dispose of expired medication at any big box pharmacy stores.
What was a recent or memorable item or merchandise you returned? not a return but my local grocery store didn’t give me my $2 coupon off on an item so I went back and got that corrected.

Have you ever had a bad haircut? yes

Foodie Question(s):
no
What say You:

"Generally I make it a policy never to skip a chance to go out to eat ."

Happy Thursday!

Old 01-13-2022, 06:35 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,083,322 times
[quote=bjh;62690518]Hello and welcome to the second Thursday QotD of 2022. Okay, you're right. Once was enough.

Today's Question(s):

When we moved from KY. I gave away to neighbors anything I could not take.

Chem recycling center.

Bought some clothes online that didn't work.

just didn't fit right

Oh yeah. Went to a stylist who was recommended by a friend. Very visibly one side was shorter than the other. She fixed it, but I never went back.

Foodie Question(s):

right here, right now.

What say You:

"Generally I make it a policy never to skip a chance to _have lobster when offered. I love lobster._________."

Happy Thursday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics