Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 08:54 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,658 posts, read 81,403,499 times

Advertisements

~ Police television shows: I prefer the more comedic, rather than showing what appears to be real crime and violence. There is enough of that already in the news. Such shows as Barney Miller, Reno 911.

~ Do you ever feed the birds or other animals? No, home bird feeders attract rats, and we have plenty of wildlife around already without feeding them (deer, raccoons, squirrels, rabbits, coyotes, bobcats and an occasional black bear. We do let a certain amount of weeds live and go to seed to provide winter forage for the birds.

~ A few of your favorite birds: Bald Eagles, Barred Owls, Oregon Junkos, Cedar Waxwings.

~ Some fast food places that you have eaten at...and maybe you'll admit liking it some: Arby's, Carls Jr., Ivar's Fish Bar, 5 Guys, Habit Burger, Shake Shack.

~ Do you ever watch food related videos on YouTube? No, but I do watch a lot of Food Network and Cooking Channel on TV.

~ What stuff did you eat this week? Smoked BBQ ribs, Pot stickers and fried rice, Clam Chowder.

~ Places you have been to where you threw a Frisbee: Home, friend's home, relative's home.

~ Would you like to travel over 1,000 miles on the Amtrak train in a roomette sleeper
car? From where to where? No, I would rather do the trip by car, and sleep at night in a motel so I don't miss any of the scenery.

~ Some of your favorite breads: Sourdough, Cornbread, Killer Dave's White Bread, Hawaiian Bread.

~ A few very good things that come in a can: Tuna, Sardines, Olives, Baked Beans, Spam.

~ Some apps that you sometimes use: Weather, Maps, Facebook, Mail, Calendar, Camera, various banks/credit unions, Linkedin, Yahoo Sports, Fitbit, Amazon. . . .

~ Recommend an app: Radio Garden - lets you listen to radio stations live all over the world.

~ Just to be cheeky, let's guess what Pam will do on her birthday: Treat herself to a manicure and pedicure with a glass of wine.

~ Type in a virtual gift from you to Pam: A large bouquet of flowers with roses, Calla Lilies, Snapdragons and Chrysanthemums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 09:36 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,816,297 times
[quote=rainroosty;62831548]...Hehehe! Happy Birthday, Pammy!

...I am pleased to add that the Iguana Rescue was a successful one! Poor plump iguana was just about dead and gone but I took him inside in the cat carrier to warm for the day. Then the weather outside warmed overnight. Once the sun came out, close to noon, I opened the door and an hour and a half later he came out and basked near my side...then up the tree and onto the roof to head back to their other trees and burrows!

~ Police television shows:
Cops was fun.
~ Do you ever feed the birds or other animals?
I have two stalker bunnies that watch me do laundry. They live under the upper deck and lower one. I feed them Timothy hay every day. I want to set up a crow feeding station in the summer.
~ A few of your favorite birds:
Crows, Ravens, Owls.
~ Some fast food places that you have eaten at...and maybe you'll admit liking it some:
Culver's has been a staple since the pandemic.
~ Do you ever watch food related videos on YouTube?
No not food, but I am watching pottery restoration. I'm working on an antique pitcher and wash bowl that I rescued from the in-laws attic.
~ What stuff did you eat this week?
MMMM waffles ans sausage.
~ Places you have been to where you threw a Frisbee:
The park.
~ Would you like to travel over 1,000 miles on the Amtrak train in a roomette sleeper
car? From where to where?
Yes. We did that in Australia but had to stay in a chair for 32 hours one way. We got a sleeper on the way back.
~ Some of your favorite breads:
Hot crusty french bread with brie cheese.
~ A few very good things that come in a can:
Beans
~ Some apps that you sometimes use:
Facebook. YouTube.
~ Recommend an app:
I don't spend much time on the computer these days.
~ Just to be cheeky, let's guess what Pam will do on her birthday:
Eat birthday cake? Drink some wine?
~ Type in a virtual gift from you to Pam:
I would give her a nice bottle of bubbly.
*** Maybe she'll kill me later! Recommended app from me: Fawesome ***

Thanks roosty and thanks for helping that iguana. You're very kind.

I'm waiting for my milliput. Where is my milliput?

Old 02-04-2022, 11:38 AM

24,512 posts, read 26,059,340 times
...I am pleased to add that the Iguana Rescue was a successful one! Poor plump iguana was just about dead and gone but I took him inside in the cat carrier to warm for the day. Then the weather outside warmed overnight. Once the sun came out, close to noon, I opened the door and an hour and a half later he came out and basked near my side...then up the tree and onto the roof to head back to their other trees and burrows!
Very cool Roosty.

Law And Order: SvU, Walker, Texas Ranger, Alaska State Troopers.

Mostly birds these days.

Eagles, owls, cockatoos, hummer and crows.

~ Some fast food places that you have eaten at...and maybe you'll admit liking it some:
Carls Jr and In N Out.

No

Briskit, chicken mole, albondigas and tacos.

Yards, beaches and parks.

Yep, The Empire Builder, Chicago - Milwaukee - St. Paul/Minneapolis - Minot - Spokane - Portland/Seattle or The SW Chief, Chicago - Kansas City, MO - La Junta - Albuquerque - Flagstaff - Los Angeles

Russian rye, sourgh dough and potato.

Refried beans, tomatoe sauce/paste and tuna.

Flight Tracker, Weather Underground, Maps.

~ Recommend an app:
duckduckgo search engine

A all expense weekend in Chicagoland including hotel, dining and clubbing.

See above cuz now I'm broke.

of you taking care of the iguana.[/b]

Old 02-04-2022, 12:42 PM

50,403 posts, read 64,129,909 times
...I am pleased to add that the Iguana Rescue was a successful one! Poor plump iguana was just about dead and gone but I took him inside in the cat carrier to warm for the day. Then the weather outside warmed overnight. Once the sun came out, close to noon, I opened the door and an hour and a half later he came out and basked near my side...then up the tree and onto the roof to head back to their other trees and burrows! That’s great!

~ Police television shows: Hubs watches all of them, I think. They all run together for me.

~ Do you ever feed the birds or other animals? Birds and squirrels.

~ A few of your favorite birds: I like owls...all birds, really.

~ Some fast food places that you have eaten at...and maybe you'll admit liking it some: I dont go often, but I like Arby’s, Chic fil A, and Burger King.

~ Do you ever watch food related videos on YouTube? No

~ What stuff did you eat this week? Beef Stroganoff, shrimp and grits, fajitas, hot dogs with Mac n cheese.

~ Places you have been to where you threw a Frisbee: back yard

car? From where to where? I wouldn’t mind, but the only place I wanted to go would have taken place during the night.

~ Some of your favorite breads: Fresh Market makes a good sourdough with rosemary

~ A few very good things that come in a can: Baked beans, soups

~ Some apps that you sometimes use: Nutri Chek to count calories, Wordscapes

~ Recommend an app: Wordscape is kind of fun if you’re bored.

~ Just to be cheeky, let's guess what Pam will do on her birthday: Wax the wheels on her walker?

~ Type in a virtual gift from you to Pam: A frigid iguana?

Old 02-04-2022, 12:52 PM

3,083 posts, read 1,689,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
...Hehehe! Happy Birthday, Pammy!

~ Police television shows: NYPD Blues, Third Watch

~ Do you ever feed the birds or other animals? I try to feed the birds but there's the ongoing problem with squirrels - and I refuse to feed those.

~ A few of your favorite birds: Woodpeckers fascinate me a bit.

~ Some fast food places that you have eaten at...and maybe you'll admit liking it some: In-n-Out, Taco Bell, Carl's Jrs, Wendy's, Popeye's, Panda Express...

~ Do you ever watch food related videos on YouTube? No

~ What stuff did you eat this week? Egg-salad sandwich last night, Mexican food another night....

~ Places you have been to where you threw a Frisbee: Don't know. It's not something I do.

car? From where to where? Sure. US cross-country to Maine, or wherever it ends up without having to change trains.

~ Some of your favorite breads: A good French bread, Portuguese sweet bread, dessert breads.

~ A few very good things that come in a can: Spaghetti sauce. I dress it up but it's still less hassle than doing it all from scratch. Some soups are good. Good tuna.

~ Some apps that you sometimes use: Weather, You Tube

~ Recommend an app:

~ Type in a virtual gift from you to Pam: $1000 Visa card to use anywhere.

Thanks, Roost.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:00 PM

14,812 posts, read 8,142,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
...Hehehe! Happy Birthday, Pammy!

That is great! You are the best Roosty!
Monk, Major Crimes
Birds, stray cats, my cats,possums, raccoons, a wood chuck etc
Cardinals, Blue Jays, Robbins, owls,wood peckers....really I like them all
I worked at a few when I was very young, liked them when I was a teenager....not so much nowadays.

Just the normal stuff! chicken, veggies, salad, eggs, oatmeal, soup,pizza, tacos, potatoes
the Park, the backyard
No. I do like road trips in the car, where you get to travel at your own pace, and get to see much more scenery.
Multigrain, seeded Rye, Whole Wheat, tortilla wraps
Sparkling Water, tomato soup
Roku, Facebook, Picasa, banking app, cardiamobile
~ Recommend an app:
Picasa
Cake and wine.
She likes to travel....an all expense paid trip for 2, to where ever in the world she would like to visit.

Old 02-04-2022, 09:57 PM

21,574 posts, read 8,749,478 times
Ironside
Dragnet

Hill Street Blues
I haven't done that in a while.
Parrots
Jays
Hummingbirds
Great Horned Owls

It's been a very long time since I had any fast food, but as a teenager and young adult I used to regard McDonalds as a treat. That was before there was one on every corner.
No, but Mr. Bay likes to watch PBS food shows.
Rice and bean casserole, sliced steak with balsamic sauce, salmon with artichokes and sundried tomatoes, wieners and baked beans, peanut butter on a rice cake, apple pie.
Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
Cannon Beach, Oregon

From Oakland to Chicago.
Sourdough
Whole wheat
Rye

Tomatoes and tomato sauce
Chicken broth
Tuna

Sirius XM
Words with Friends
Instagram
Facebook

~ Recommend an app:
IMDb (Internet Movie Database)
Be taken out by her boyfriend to a romantic dinner for two?
A dozen roses.

Thank you, Roosty. I'm glad to hear that the iguana is OK.
Happy Birthday, Pam!

Old 02-04-2022, 11:02 PM

44,381 posts, read 20,099,777 times
...Hehehe! Happy Birthday, Pammy! Thanks, roosty! I'm late to the party because I spent the day and evening out with my sister, celebrating. We had a great time.

...I am pleased to add that the Iguana Rescue was a successful one! Poor plump iguana was just about dead and gone but I took him inside in the cat carrier to warm for the day. Then the weather outside warmed overnight. Once the sun came out, close to noon, I opened the door and an hour and a half later he came out and basked near my side...then up the tree and onto the roof to head back to their other trees and burrows! That's wonderful news! I'm glad you saved your iguana friend.

~ Police television shows: Car 54, Where Are You?

~ Do you ever feed the birds or other animals? Yes, every day for many years. I have several bird feeders, two bird baths (one heated which stays out all winter), and I often put out peanuts for birdies and squirrels, plus greens and other veggies for the bunnies.

~ A few of your favorite birds: Cardinals, robins, nuthatches, chickadees, lots of others.

~ Some fast food places that you have eaten at...and maybe you'll admit liking it some: Wendy's for good salads; Taco Bell for tacos and nachos; Burger King once a year for an original chicken sandwich.

~ Do you ever watch food related videos on YouTube? I use Allrecipes.com to find new recipes sometimes, and lots of their recipe pages have videos showing techniques for preparing the dish. The only other food videos I've watched are ones posted by travelers who are foodies and like to post videos of themselves tasting various foods in different countries.

~ What stuff did you eat this week? Scrambled eggs with crumbled Italian sausage; chicken wings; lots of salad to make up for stuff like chicken wings ; a piece of birthday cake; steel cut oats with honey; homemade mushroom soup.

~ Places you have been to where you threw a Frisbee: My backyard and the yards of several friends over the years; the beach at Indiana Dunes National Park; probably at some other parks long ago, but I don't recall specifically.

~ Would you like to travel over 1,000 miles on the Amtrak train in a roomette sleeper car? Yes. From where to where? From Chicago to Montrose, Colorado. I have friends in Montrose who would love me to visit, and I don't think it would be wise for me to drive that far alone. A couple of years ago, my sis and bro-in-law made the trip via Amtrack and they really enjoyed it.

~ Some of your favorite breads: Rye; Italian; pretzel bread; English muffins.

~ A few very good things that come in a can: Tomatoes; black olives; artichoke hearts; beans.

~ Some apps that you sometimes use: Words With Friends; Fitbit; my bank; AAA.

~ Recommend an app: Words With Friends

~ Just to be cheeky, let's guess what Pam will do on her birthday: I spent my birthday shoveling snow deposited by the blizzard we had on Wednesday. Today, Friday, I spent with my sister. We went to a brewery for lunch and later in the day went to a winery for a glass of wine. Then we returned to my house and looked at a big pile of old family photos.

*** Maybe she'll kill me later! Recommended app from me: Fawesome *** Thanks for the bday wishes, roosty!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics