Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 09:28 PM

44,392 posts, read 20,120,186 times

Advertisements

Happy Tuesday, everyone. Scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever made a typographical error which turned out to be humorous or embarrassing?

In your job, or previous job if you are retired, are/were you required to type (on a typewriter or PC)?

Do you have a box of plain envelopes in your home?

When sending a paper greeting card to someone, have you ever made an error writing the address or signing the card and then had to scribble out the error?

When mailing out multiple items at the same time (cards, letters, bill payments, etc.), have you ever accidentally put any items in the wrong envelopes?

Do you pay any monthly bills by mailing checks, or do you pay your bills online or via auto withdrawal?

A friend of mine used to be a teller at a post office, and she once had an elderly customer put one stamp (~ 45 cents) on a credit card. Approximately, what is the smallest amount you've charged to a credit or debit card?

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like bagpipe music?

When you were in elementary school, did your curriculum include music classes?

Do you recall the first novel you read as a child?

Do you fully recall any poems you memorized in elementary school?

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school?

Did you have a teacher in elementary school whom you thought was mean, or whom you simply didn't like?

That's all I've got for now, kiddos. Have a happy Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-09-2022, 09:35 PM

21,597 posts, read 8,764,847 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever made a typographical error which turned out to be humorous or embarrassing?
No, but I see them all the time when I watch the evening news. Spelling seems to be a lost art.
In your job, or previous job if you are retired, are/were you required to type (on a typewriter or PC)?
Yes, I spent the first five years of my working life as a secretary.
Yes, different sizes.
When sending a paper greeting card to someone, have you ever made an error writing the address or signing the card and then had to scribble out the error?
Yes, I use white out or an eraser to fix it.
When mailing out multiple items at the same time (cards, letters, bill payments, etc.), have you ever accidentally put any items in the wrong envelopes?
I think I did that once with Christmas cards.
Do you pay any monthly bills by mailing checks, or to you pay your bills online or via auto withdrawal?
Most of the bills get paid online.
A friend of mine used to be a teller at a post office, and she once had an elderly customer put one stamp (~ 45 cents) on a credit card. Approximately, what is the smallest amount you've charged to a credit or debit card?
Recently I used my ATM card to buy something only to find out that the charge was less than a dollar. I felt pretty silly.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Um, not really.
Yes, it did.
"Little Women"
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear,
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair,
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy
Was he?
Miss Bjugstad. She lived next door and taught me to play Scrabble.
Did you have a teacher in elementary school whom you thought was mean, or whom you simply didn't like?
I liked all my teachers.

Thanks, Pam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 10:10 PM
bjh

60,149 posts, read 30,473,135 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS
Yeah, but can't remember an example.
Everyone should be able to type.
Yes. You need one?
I'd use a different envelope. On the inside? I incorporate it in to a doodle.
Nope.
Do you pay any monthly bills by mailing checks, or do you pay your bills online or via auto withdrawal?
Almost all paid online or by phone.
Approximately, what is the smallest amount you've charged to a credit or debit card?
I'm sure it was less than $3. Maybe less than $2.

BONUS QUESTIONS
Meh.
Yes it did.
I recall the teacher read Little House on the Prairie to our class. That may be considered a novel.
None I can repeat here. Seriously, I can't remember an assigned poem. Just bits and pieces of funny rhymes.
Mary.
I had a couple teachers in junior high or high school who were dull or ineffective.

Thanks, Pam.

Old 05-09-2022, 11:10 PM

44,667 posts, read 61,767,196 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever made a typographical error which turned out to be humorous or embarrassing? Don't recall any.

In your job, or previous job if you are retired, are/were you required to type (on a typewriter or PC)? Ol' two fingers here had a secretary who typed.

Do you have a box of plain envelopes in your home? Yes 2 of them with various sizes.

When sending a paper greeting card to someone, have you ever made an error writing the address or signing the card and then had to scribble out the error? May have, don't recall when.

When mailing out multiple items at the same time (cards, letters, bill payments, etc.), have you ever accidentally put any items in the wrong envelopes? Don't recall doing that either.

Do you pay any monthly bills by mailing checks, or do you pay your bills online or via auto withdrawal? Some online some by mail.

A friend of mine used to be a teller at a post office, and she once had an elderly customer put one stamp (~ 45 cents) on a credit card. Approximately, what is the smallest amount you've charged to a credit or debit card? $1.99, they wouldn't accept cash.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like bagpipe music? No, makes my skin crawl.

When you were in elementary school, did your curriculum include music classes? No.

Do you recall the first novel you read as a child? The Three Little Pigs.

Do you fully recall any poems you memorized in elementary school? 3 blind mice, 3 blind mice see how they, run see how they run, 3 blind mice...

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? Mrs. Robb.

Did you have a teacher in elementary school whom you thought was mean, or whom you simply didn't like? No meanies just some very bland ones.

That's all I've got for now, kiddos. Have a happy Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

~ Life's a gift. Don't waste it. ~
Rate this post positively Ms Pam

Old 05-09-2022, 11:50 PM

14,825 posts, read 8,162,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Oh yeah!
Yes
Yes
Yep
Nope
They are all paid by autopay or I pay them online (except one that has to be paid by check)
Maybe 10 or 20 dollars....don't really remember for sure.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like bagpipe music? Sure, it's okay I guess...but haven't heard a lot of bagpipe music.

Yes
Not really...Too long ago-I have always enjoyed reading though.

I will go with Sister Mary Joseph I guess...my first grade teacher.

Yeah a couple of them

Old 05-10-2022, 12:56 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,016,855 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Probably a few

I have. However, two finger typing was allowed

I do. Actually, they are behind the seat in the Jeep.

Been so long since I sent anything I do not remember

Nope

Everything is online or auto pay.

About a dollar

BONUS QUESTIONS

About as much as I like closing the car door on my hand.

I took band in fifth grade. After several days of trying to find an instrument I could sort of play, the band teacher told me he found the only instrument I might be somewhat OK with. He then handed me a transistor radio and said I was the second seat transistor radio. There was no first seat transistor radio, but the teacher said I was not good enough to be first seat. I thought it was strange we never played anything that included the transistor radio. However, I showed up every day with the transistor radio, ready to play the transistor radio just in case I was needed. There was one thing that concerned me. There were no radio stations in the town. When I turned it on all I got was a little static noise. Just the same, I practiced at home one hour every night.

Nope

I see London,
I see France,
I see someone's...(I better stop there)

Who said I had a favorite teacher?

My third-grade teacher. She took mean to a whole new level.

Old 05-10-2022, 02:54 AM

11,394 posts, read 9,316,239 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever made a typographical error which turned out to be humorous or embarrassing? - I can't recall that.

In your job, or previous job if you are retired, are/were you required to type (on a typewriter or PC)? - I spent 20 years of my work career as a federal government contractor in office administration so I did my share. 2-3 years of that were spent pretty much typing all day but I had some flexibility and was not pressured to type as fast as I can. These days most work places are not like that. I still type a lot as it's my main form of communication. Maybe that's why my answers can be long sometimes, LOL.

Do you have a box of plain envelopes in your home? - Yes, I use one every time I pay the rent. Management here has 7 properties in this city and they have an office about a mile away. I just walk it and drop the envelope in a special slot instead of mailing it.

When sending a paper greeting card to someone, have you ever made an error writing the address or signing the card and then had to scribble out the error? - Long ago I remember that happening once. I just took the loss and bought another card.

When mailing out multiple items at the same time (cards, letters, bill payments, etc.), have you ever accidentally put any items in the wrong envelopes? - No. These days pretty much everything is either automated or online. The only card I ever send out anymore is a birthday card to my brother.

Do you pay any monthly bills by mailing checks, or do you pay your bills online or via auto withdrawal? - Latter two only. The only check I make out is for the rent.

A friend of mine used to be a teller at a post office, and she once had an elderly customer put one stamp (~ 45 cents) on a credit card. Approximately, what is the smallest amount you've charged to a credit or debit card? - IDK. Some places do not handle cash anymore and I think that trend is going to continue. The other day I paid 2 dollars something to a dry cleaners because they stopped taking cash about 6 months ago.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like bagpipe music? - No appeal but I've heard worse sounds.

When you were in elementary school, did your curriculum include music classes? - Here and there, nothing consistent.

Do you recall the first novel you read as a child? - No

Do you fully recall any poems you memorized in elementary school? -Nope

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? - I didn't have one.

Did you have a teacher in elementary school whom you thought was mean, or whom you simply didn't like? - My 5th Garde teacher who lived right down the street from where I grew up was mean. She blamed me for things I had no control of which was a horrible upbringing.

That's all I've got for now, kiddos. Have a happy Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness. - Thanks, Pam!

Last edited by John13; 05-10-2022 at 03:07 AM..

Old 05-10-2022, 03:15 AM

61,942 posts, read 87,554,606 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Oh, I am sure, I did! Nothing really embarrassing, and probably just humorous.

Well, before PC keyboard was invented, I was typing on a mechanical (Olympia) typewriter (and I still have it), then electric typewriter (Adler), and in the US - on IBM.

Yes. Several formats and quality. Not using them much anymore.

It happened, but instead of scribbling out the mistake, I just wrote on a new card/envelope. Generally, I try to avoid scribbling out, and rather rewrite everything to make it look nice and clean.

Yes. And closed, addressed and stamped those envelopes too
Fortunately I was able to catch the mistakes and put stuff into new, right envelopes. Or at least, I hope I caught all of them on time before mailing.

All my bills are paid online.

I used to make sure the amount was over $10, but nowadays it doesn't matter to the merchants. However, for purchases less than $5 I would pay cash.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Depends on my mood

Yes, general knowledge about music,
composers, reading notes, singing songs, rhythm and dance, going to opera and symphony was a part of well rounded education.

No. But I was obsessed with Winnie the Pooch, so I might have read that.

Yes, I remember we had to memorize many poems. It seemed like a weekly task. Probably to build vocabulary and reading comprehension, and stimulate brain cells .

Pani Trzebiatowska

Not in elementary school. Kids at that age usually adored their teachers.

Thank you, Pam! Have a great day

Old 05-10-2022, 04:46 AM

7,390 posts, read 5,502,932 times
B]Happy Tuesday, everyone. Scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever made a typographical error which turned out to be humorous or embarrassing? Yes

In your job, or previous job if you are retired, are/were you required to type (on a typewriter or PC)? Yes

Do you have a box of plain envelopes in your home? Yes

When sending a paper greeting card to someone, have you ever made an error writing the address or signing the card and then had to scribble out the error? yes

When mailing out multiple items at the same time (cards, letters, bill payments, etc.), have you ever accidentally put any items in the wrong envelopes? No

Do you pay any monthly bills by mailing checks, or do you pay your bills online or via auto withdrawal? Auto

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like bagpipe music? Yes

When you were in elementary school, did your curriculum include music classes? Yes

Do you recall the first novel you read as a child? I think it was Animal Farm that we had to read in seventh grade.

Do you fully recall any poems you memorized in elementary school? No

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? Miss Bidasio. She had just graduated from college and we were her first class in fourth grade, she was fun.

Did you have a teacher in elementary school whom you thought was mean, or whom you simply didn't like? Yes, Miss Strell in first grade, she was mean, I was terrified of her.

That's all I've got for now, kiddos. Have a happy Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.[/b]

Thank you!

Old 05-10-2022, 05:50 AM

126,360 posts, read 19,117,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever made a typographical error which turned out to be humorous or embarrassing? Yes

In your job, or previous job if you are retired, are/were you required to type (on a typewriter or PC)? No

Do you have a box of plain envelopes in your home? Yes I do

When sending a paper greeting card to someone, have you ever made an error writing the address or signing the card and then had to scribble out the error? Not yet

When mailing out multiple items at the same time (cards, letters, bill payments, etc.), have you ever accidentally put any items in the wrong envelopes? Not yet

Do you pay any monthly bills by mailing checks, or do you pay your bills online or via auto withdrawal? I pay everything online

A friend of mine used to be a teller at a post office, and she once had an elderly customer put one stamp (~ 45 cents) on a credit card. Approximately, what is the smallest amount you've charged to a credit or debit card? I pay everything in cash,unless it is a larger purchase

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like bagpipe music? A bit

When you were in elementary school, did your curriculum include music classes? Yes I was in a choir and played an instrument

Do you recall the first novel you read as a child? I remember receiving a collection of Erich Kästner books such as Pünktchen und Anton and Emil und die Detektive

Do you fully recall any poems you memorized in elementary school? Part of our homework was to memorize poems

What was the name of your favorite teacher in elementary school? His name was Herr Kohl and I had him until grade 5

Did you have a teacher in elementary school whom you thought was mean, or whom you simply didn't like? Mr./Herr Kohl was a very strict teacher,but very fair and he had a wonderful humor

Thank you Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics