Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 08:05 PM

12,684 posts, read 3,002,511 times

Advertisements

Feel free to elucidate.

What do you worry about when you travel?

Have you rowed a kayak or canoe?

What's the silliest name of perfume or cologne you can recall or make up?

What about other people's spending habits amaze or amuse you?

Are there any products you enjoy that are "smoked"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 08:30 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,620,392 times
What do you worry about when you travel? My wife's back. She's hurting just for a trip around town to church or to the store. In June we drove to Pennsylvania for a couple weeks. By the time we got back she was hurting big time

Have you rowed a kayak or canoe? Both

What's the silliest name of perfume or cologne you can recall or make up? Hai Karate

What about other people's spending habits amaze or amuse you? Wife has a granddaughter whose husband has a very good job but they can't keep any money. Bought a new 75" TV in early summer. That one is now in 10 yr old son's room and they bought another one. Company changed retirement systems and offered employees either switch it to the new system or take it out. They took it out and were asking her parents for grocery money a month later. No telling where it went.

Are there any products you enjoy that are "smoked"? Ham, pork chops, sausages, cheddar cheese

Old 09-30-2022, 08:58 PM

5,918 posts, read 3,819,991 times
Feel free to elucidate.

Someone breaking into my house, the cat, money, packing, getting there on time.....you name it I'm going to worry about it.

A canoe yes, kayak no. I was always afraid to get in a kayak and turning over. I've only been in one canoe, though, I think. Who knows because I don't.

"Damn you smell good" perfume

I am appalled most of the time, I am so terribly tight and frugal. I've had to be that way for so long I don't know any other way. I like having a savings account. I get sick of these leeches that think just because you have a little something nice and taken care of (seriously, I have towels and a shower curtain that I still use that are over 20 years old) they automatically think you must have money. I'm extremely frugal. The secret to keeping things like that nice and useful is to rotate. Anyone who is frugal knows what I'm talking about. Almost everything I own is 20 years or more old, except for my Jeep Josephine, she's only 17.

Haha that's a good one. Yes, pot and wax.

Thanks PegE!

Old 09-30-2022, 09:32 PM

11,411 posts, read 9,336,533 times
What do you worry about when you travel? - I haven't traveled in a very long time.

Have you rowed a kayak or canoe? - Rented several canoes in the 1970s and early 80s.

What's the silliest name of perfume or cologne you can recall or make up? - IDK

What about other people's spending habits amaze or amuse you? - 70% of lottery winners end up broke and 1/3 of them file for bankruptcy. High paid pro athletes pretty much the same.

Are there any products you enjoy that are "smoked"? - Cannabis!

Thanks, PegE!

Old 09-30-2022, 11:08 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,644,153 times
----- Not really anything. I drive old beater cars on 2-month road trips, and sleeep in them.

---- no, didnt get that far. Capsized a kayak befure I started rowing.

----- never did that. Spur of the moment, "eau du jour"

------- Pizza

------ no

Old 10-01-2022, 12:18 AM

37,821 posts, read 41,136,907 times
Feel free to elucidate.

1) The Washington Beltway. There has been construction on I-66E and I-66W right in front of the entrance and exit ramp to the beltway for years. It's worse coming home. I always get lost because the way to get on I-66W from the beltway keeps changing year to year while that construction is going on and the signage stinks. 2) Too many sunny days (lousy for bird photography - shadows).

Have you rowed a kayak or canoe? No but I do know of someone where I used to work who drowned in a kayak.

What's the silliest name of perfume or cologne you can recall or make up? Eau De Skunk

What about other people's spending habits amaze or amuse you? As long as I'm not married to them, I don't care. Just don't want to hear the people who spent lavishly during their working years whine that they can't retire.

Are there any products you enjoy that are "smoked"? pork barbecue

Old 10-01-2022, 12:48 AM

7,995 posts, read 5,421,238 times
Good Morning

What do you worry about when you travel? Nothing, absolutely nothing. It is my time to relax my worries and just think about what I will discover in my adventure.

Have you rowed a kayak or canoe? Canoe, yes

What's the silliest name of perfume or cologne you can recall or make up? I don't think it is silly, but I did like the perfume named, "Poison". Catchy name.

What about other people's spending habits amaze or amuse you? Amaze me about the amount of money they spend on "stuff" to clutter their homes/closets.

Are there any products you enjoy that are "smoked"? Smoked whisky, smoked turkey and a slightly smoked red wine.

The rain and wind has come--is that a part of you Ian? Be gently now.

Old 10-01-2022, 02:32 AM

30,720 posts, read 16,359,984 times
Feel free to elucidate.

the location of the closest bathroom.

used to have a canoe. Paddled it mostly on local lakes but did Pine Creek once

I have no idea of any perfume names. As for making one up, how about eau de truie

The price of new cars.

not really

Thanks, Peg.
Happy Oct 1sr everyone. Go buy a pumpkin and make a pie.

Old 10-01-2022, 05:40 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,955,250 times
Good morning to all...

I don't worry, but things that concern me are: Missing flights, traffic, packed the wrong stuff, weather, etc...

Canoe, but not a kayak.

Never paid attention to them.

People living above their means. Some think they can spend like others do, even if they don't have it.

At this point in my life, we'll go with BBQ.

Thanks for QOTD. Have a great day, everyone!

Old 10-01-2022, 06:19 AM

126,405 posts, read 19,156,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Feel free to elucidate.

What do you worry about when you travel? ...........That the plane will crash

Have you rowed a kayak or canoe? ...........Canoe

What's the silliest name of perfume or cologne you can recall or make up? .................Skunky

What about other people's spending habits amaze or amuse you? ..............It is their decision

Are there any products you enjoy that are "smoked"?...............Smoked eel,smoked salmon,smoked cheese.......

Thank you Peg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics