Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 10:32 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,110 posts, read 30,435,770 times

Advertisements

Here we go with another round of . . .

Today's [Random] Question(s):
Are you much of neat freak or do you ever think being too neat is a waste of energy?

Is there any cleaning or are there any chores you enjoy?

What chores did you do as a kid?

What's your favorite place in your home and why?

Foodie Question(s):
Ice cream sandwich or ice cream cone?

Just to:
I recently received a rep for a 2008 post here on CD! Do you ever receive rep on really old posts?

Have a neat[o] Thursday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 11:15 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times

Are you much of neat freak or do you ever think being too neat is a waste of energy? No one has ever accused me of being a neat freak. I can't find anything after I put things where they belong.

Is there any cleaning or are there any chores you enjoy? Not a one. I don't even enjoy getting rid of photos I don't want. Procrastinate with that, too.

What chores did you do as a kid? My sister and I used to alternate who did which chores while my mother was at work during the summer. Least favorite: ironing. Second least favorite: All of the others. Edit: I take this back. Used to like to shovel snow off the driveway.

What's your favorite place in your home and why? My recliner where I read, listen to music, play on my tablet, watch TV, eat dinner, sleep.

Foodie Question(s):
Both taste good but I never bring home cones to eat because I can't eat one or carry one while I drive. Cones are messier, too.

Just to:
I recently received a rep for a 2008 post here on CD! Do you ever receive rep on really old posts?
Yes. Have you ever read your old posts and have no idea whatsoever what you were talking about?

Last edited by LauraC; 10-12-2022 at 11:26 PM..

Old 10-13-2022, 12:19 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,615,364 times

Are you much of neat freak or do you ever think being too neat is a waste of energy?
------ My place looks intidy, but I know exactly where everything is.

Is there any cleaning or are there any chores you enjoy?---- I rarely "clean" -- that reveals more dirt than it removes.

------ Seasonal -- grass, leaves, snow, storm-windows, coal, garden

----- variable

Foodie Question(s):
------ Sandwich, but I doubt I had one in my adulthood

Just to:
----- Yes but I haven't been here that long

Have a neat[o] Thursday!

Old 10-13-2022, 12:47 AM

44,651 posts, read 61,691,885 times
Are you much of neat freak or do you ever think being too neat is a waste of energy? Neat but not super neat, "a place for everything and everything in it's place" is a motto I try to follow.

Is there any cleaning or are there any chores you enjoy? I do them out of necessity, not necessarily enjoying them.

What chores did you do as a kid? Clean the stalls, feed the animals, collect eggs, wash/dry dishes, mow the lawn, kill the weeds, make my bed,, do my homework, etc etc.

What's your favorite place in your home and why? TV room, it's set up as an entertainment venue with a surround sound system.

Foodie Question(s)
Ice cream sandwich or ice cream cone? Either one.

Just to:
I recently received a rep for a 2008 post here on CD! Do you ever receive rep on really old posts? Yes.

Have a neat[o] Thursday! u-2
Rate this post positively

Old 10-13-2022, 01:26 AM

14,801 posts, read 8,133,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Is Procrastinating a chore? I don't know about 'enjoy' but I do them, because you kind of have to.
Not many really. Make my bed and clean my room.Pick up after myself. Load the dishwasher.
I was an only child and My Mom was a stay at home Mom. I did a bit more as a teenager, like cook dinner sometimes,etc., clean floors, Laundry, take out trash.

It varies. I like my desk by the patio door so I can look outside, I like the couch where I watch TV
Foodie Question(s):
Both sound yummy, probably cone would be my favorite but it's been awhile since I last had one. I usually just get ice cream from the grocery store. Once in a blue moon I will remember to get cones to go with it...or sundae toppings.

Have a neat[o] Thursday!
U2 BJH!

Old 10-13-2022, 03:06 AM

61,869 posts, read 87,339,575 times

Not a neat freak, but I like order.

I don't mind those chores, although they are done by my housekeeper.

Not much of a chores, except keeping my stuff in order. We had domestic help.

It always has been the kitchen. Close to the goodies I still spend most of my time there, not necessary cooking. I just have a cozy nook there..

Foodie Question(s):

Probably cone, but I prefer cup.

Just to:

Yes. Oddly enough, most are for my old post about Bissell carpet cleaner, from non members...

Have a neat[o] Thursday!

Thank you, bjh!! Same to you!

Old 10-13-2022, 03:56 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,398,947 times
Good Morning

At work I am very neat. At home--not so much. I do like things "put away".

Is there any cleaning or are there any chores you enjoy? No!

What chores did you do as a kid? I did not have any chores. I think it is good for kids to have some chores.

What's your favorite place in your home and why? Probably my dining room table. There is the sliding patio door in my view and I can watch nature and such.

Foodie Question(s):
Cone

Just to:

Oh no, it is going to rain today. I hope it doesn't mess up the Fall foliage, it is just about to peak.

Old 10-13-2022, 05:03 AM

9,731 posts, read 14,284,802 times
I like things in order. But, today...I'm a Neat Freak because I'm preparing for a party I'm giving this weekend. So, there are the general "straightening up" chores to do today, but also, my list includes:
Cleaning and waxing my living room and foyer floors, Washing my full view full storm doors, and organizing my desk in the office. I have lists, and lists of things to do today, including baking tonight. (I know you didn't ask for a book report here, but my mind is racing today.)

Is there any cleaning or are there any chores you enjoy? I enjoy cleaning chores if I'm preparing for a party. I give a lot of those.

What chores did you do as a kid?I enjoyed working in my parents' mom/pop store, all during my childhood. I lost the job waiting on customers when I was 7 yrs. old, because I gave a bunch of customers a dollar too much in change . So my jobs then included serving mug root beer, hot dogs, and hamburgers, and when the store closed for the day, sweeping floors.

What's your favorite place in your home and why? In early morning: My laundry room. It has a sliding door overlooking a deck, and huge back yard lined with 100+ year old walnut trees, and I can watch all the seasons change. Plus, I can stare-down, and scare off, those pesky squirrels (they look like rats!) as they mess up my deck with black walnut shells. I have a little coffee nook set up in that room, so doing the laundry is not a chore.

Foodie Question(s):
Ice cream sandwich or ice cream cone? Both

Just to:
I recently received a rep for a 2008 post here on CD! Do you ever receive rep on really old posts? Yes
Thanks for the Q of the Day

Last edited by rdlr; 10-13-2022 at 05:26 AM..

Old 10-13-2022, 05:27 AM

30,574 posts, read 16,263,911 times
Good morning, bjh
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's [Random] Question(s): Are you much of neat freak or do you ever think being too neat is a waste of energy?

definitely a waste ot time. I prefer to stitch.

seriously?

summer-weed the garden, mow the lawn, year round-dishes, clean our rooms, ironing

the craft room. lots of light and lots of fun.

Foodie Question(s):

both please

Just to:

yea. most puzzling

Have a neat[o] Thursday!
planning a neatsy cool day here.
thanks, bj

Old 10-13-2022, 06:41 AM

5,905 posts, read 3,802,867 times

Both. I am a neat freak, I don't like clutter or nastiness. But, to clean all the time and stress over it is something I kind of do sometimes. I have an extremely OCD parent and it's hard to live up to that level of clean so I do what I can, when I can, but it takes no time to clean up clutter.

Not really but I do enjoy the end result after cleaning, I love that feeling.

You name it I probably did it. Washing dishes, washing clothes, cutting grass, feeding newspaper into my Dad's hot stinky insulation making machine. They don't make insulation like that anymore, I was forced to do it and I hated it. Other chores were the usual cleaning, taking out trash etc.

My recliner. Need I say more?

Foodie Question(s):
Both? I guess I would take the cone over the sandwich but I do like the sandwiches.

Just to:
Yes I have before, quite shocking that people are reading the old stuff, especially that old! They are few and far between, but it happens once in a while.

Have a neat[o] Thursday!

Thanks bjh, you too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics