Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 08:59 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,274 posts, read 30,513,930 times

Advertisements

Hello and welcome. Let's take a look at the unexplained in . . .

Today's Question(s):
Would you live somewhere you really liked even though it was said to be haunted?

Did you ever live or work somewhere that unexplained things happened, and if so, can you give us an example?

Good or not, have you ever had a sense of energy from someone or from a place?

Have you felt a presence from or had a dream about a deceased family member or friend?

Ever heard of anything that seemed spooky, but turned out to have an ordinary explanation?

Foodie Question(s):
What, if any, candy did you buy this month?

Have you tried any of the candy bar inspired ice cream treats, like Snickers, etc. ?

Just to:
What did you do so far this week and what are you likely doing this weekend?

Have a cool Thursday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 09:53 PM

37,820 posts, read 41,136,907 times
Today's Question(s):
Would you live somewhere you really liked even though it was said to be haunted?
Probably not. Do real estate agents reveal those things to possible buyers?

Did you ever live or work somewhere that unexplained things happened, and if so, can you give us an example? I think I already told the story of waking up because I felt cold hands gripping my arm. The next day we found out my then husband's grandmother died that night. She wasn't sick.

Good or not, have you ever had a sense of energy from someone or from a place? Don't know what that would feel like. Would probably attribute it to accidently taking a once a day vitamin twice that day.

Have you felt a presence from or had a dream about a deceased family member or friend? See answer to second question.

Ever heard of anything that seemed spooky, but turned out to have an ordinary explanation? If I did I don't remember it.

Foodie Question(s):
none

Have you tried any of the candy bar inspired ice cream treats, like Snickers, etc. ? I have Snickers ice cream bars in the freezer. The best thing about them is they don't take up much space.

Just to:
Made my final 24 salon photo selections and titled them. Reading Jared Kushner's book, "Breaking History." Watched the first 2 episodes of "American Horror Story: NYC" and will watch the next 2 that I recorded tonight, on Saturday night. I will early vote on Thursday/tomorrow. Had a friend over on Sunday. Uploaded some lousy photos (too sunny, not peak foliage) I took the previous week at Norris Dam State Park. Will mount 14 photos on foam core board this weekend. Will head back to Norris Dam State Park on Friday. Waited for packages.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:12 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,643,368 times
Today's Question(s):
----- Of course. I'v lived in such placwa.

Did you ever live or work somewhere that unexplained things happened, and if so, can you give us an example?
------ At least tqo, one a poltergeist, the other a frequent visitation.

----- no

Have you felt a presence from or had a dream about a deceased family member or friend?
----- Yes, but I take them as just dreams.

Ever heard of anything that seemed spooky, but turned out to have an ordinary explanation?
- I have a realistic sense of the mathematical properties of coincidence

Foodie Question(s):
----- none

Have you tried any of the candy bar inspired ice cream treats, like Snickers, etc. ?
----- No, I hate texture conflict.

Just to:
----- There ain't no such thing as a "weekend" anymore.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:59 PM

44,694 posts, read 61,856,330 times
Today's Question(s):
Would you live somewhere you really liked even though it was said to be haunted? I doubt it.

Did you ever live or work somewhere that unexplained things happened, and if so, can you give us an example? Right now we have some lights going off and on mysteriously since a recent lightning strike.

Good or not, have you ever had a sense of energy from someone or from a place? Yes.

Have you felt a presence from or had a dream about a deceased family member or friend? My mother.

Ever heard of anything that seemed spooky, but turned out to have an ordinary explanation? No..

Foodie Question(s):
What, if any, candy did you buy this month? Hershey's chocolate candy bars.

Have you tried any of the candy bar inspired ice cream treats, like Snickers, etc. ? No.

Just to:
What did you do so far this week and what are you likely doing this weekend? Nothing so far and nothing planned except for the daily nap.

Have a cool Thursday! u-2.
Rate this post positively

Old 10-27-2022, 02:21 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 17 days ago)

16,142 posts, read 21,276,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Definitely

Did you ever live or work somewhere that unexplained things happened, and if so, can you give us an example? At work, doors open and close by themselves, items fall off shelves long after anyone has been near them, many instances of bad luck to the point that I joked we must have been built over a sacred burial ground.

Good or not, have you ever had a sense of energy from someone or from a place? Sometimes I get a bad feeling about a place, but I tend to think I'm subconsciously picking up on external clues in those instances.

Dreams yes, often. I also dream sometimes that someone is sick or in some kind of distress. I am sometimes right.

Ever heard of anything that seemed spooky, but turned out to have an ordinary explanation? Not that I can think of offhand.

Foodie Question(s):
Not yet, maybe after halloween when they go on clearance.

Have you tried any of the candy bar inspired ice cream treats, like Snickers, etc. ? I've had one that had little bitty teeny tiny peanut butter cups, it was ok, not a favorite

Just to:
I've been playing a game on my computer that involves hunting and collecting halloween themed items and fighting zombies. Other than that just the usual, chores, reading, watching a few shows, etc

Have a cool Thursday!
Thx

Old 10-27-2022, 02:46 AM

14,878 posts, read 8,198,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Sure, especially if I got a deal! I love the BBC Show Ghosts on HBO, it's cute....but don't really believe in Ghosts in real life.

It's happened a few times, I am sure there was a logical explanation though, that we never thought of.

Yes, while I would dearly love to believe they were trying to contact me, I believe these are just dreams that come from the subconscious.

Probably
Foodie Question(s):
We just bought some Halloween candy to give to kids if they come by....I think we have Reese's Cups, M & M's, Butterfingers, Starbursts and Hershey's...We use to get a lot more kids come by, but I think most kids nowadays go to the Mall or Halloween parties.

Just to:
Just the usual. Been really tired lately, the Doctor did blood test and I have anemia and have had to start taking an iron supplement. (I have had anemia on and off since a teenager)

Have a cool Thursday!
Thanks BJH!

Old 10-27-2022, 06:33 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,289,237 times
Good morning and THANK YOU, BJH FOR THE QUESTIONS!

Would you live somewhere you really liked even though it was said to be haunted? Sure, why not? I mean, unless the spirit was malevolent.

Did you ever live or work somewhere that unexplained things happened, and if so, can you give us an example? One time, visiting some ruins of a big house in Germany, my dad and I both felt like we could just step through some sort of time warp and be in the 1500s. It was really strange. Other people were with us but we were the only ones who felt that way.

Good or not, have you ever had a sense of energy from someone or from a place? See above. Also, in NC there is a circle called the Devil's Circle where absolutely nothing will grow, though you can take soil from that spot and grow things in it somewhere else. That place felt eerie to me.

Have you felt a presence from or had a dream about a deceased family member or friend? Absolutely. In the most recent dream I had about a loved one, I knew the person in the dream was my husband because I could hear his voice and smell him and I recognized his chest and arms and hands but I couldn't see his face. He was adamantly saying, over and over again "Philippians 1:6, Philippians 1;6." Well, I didn't know what that verse was but believe me, I woke up with a start and immediately looked it up and it's this one: “I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ” (Philippians 1:6) WOW!

Ever heard of anything that seemed spooky, but turned out to have an ordinary explanation? Yes, once I stayed in what was supposed to be a haunted hotel in the northeast, and when I woke up in the night, there was an eerie glow in the room - but upon inspection it was coming from an exit sign on the door.

What, if any, candy did you buy this month? I bought my seasonal candy corn and mixed it with hot, sweet nuts. I do that every October.

Have you tried any of the candy bar inspired ice cream treats, like Snickers, etc. ? Does a Reese's Bizzard from DQ count? If so, yes. LOL

What did you do so far this week and what are you likely doing this weekend? So far this week I have, among other things: Taught a class, gone to see a movie with a friend, volunteered at a local soup kitchen, gone to a book club, voted, and gotten a root canal and then a temporary crown. Today through Saturday I will work, and then Sunday I plan to go to church and then out to eat with some friends and honestly, that's it.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:45 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,420,530 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
Probably not. We lived in a very old house for several years in my teens. There were some odd things that happened

Did you ever live or work somewhere that unexplained things happened, and if so, can you give us an example? The old house I just mentioned--I had to come home alone for the first time. I was 14 and very scared. I heard something. I looked down the hallway and a door we never used that had been shut for two years was suddenly opened. I darted out of there and walked two miles down the country road to call my mother at a pay phone (these kids today have no idea what it is like not to have a phone at your fingertip!).

Good or not, have you ever had a sense of energy from someone or from a place? The day before my mother died in hospice, my sister and I walked into her room and there was the distinct smell of my grandfather. It stopped me in my tracks. I guess he was letting her know it was okay to join him. I am not a religious person but I think there is stuff going on sometimes that cannot be explained!

Have you felt a presence from or had a dream about a deceased family member or friend? Dream, yes

Foodie Question(s):
Hershey kisses, mini peppermint patties

Have you tried any of the candy bar inspired ice cream treats, like Snickers, etc. ? Long time ago when I had kids growing up--very good, but no need to have them in my home!

Just to:
Very sick with a stomach virus! Day four today, progress has been made. Made some chicken soup! Hopefully feel better by the weekend and enjoy the fall weather and the Farmers' Market.

Enjoy your day

Old 10-27-2022, 07:39 AM

99,966 posts, read 4,509,273 times
Today's Question(s):

Would you live somewhere you really liked even though it was said to be haunted? Yes I would.

Did you ever live or work somewhere that unexplained things happened, and if so, can you give us an example? Unfortunately not.

Good or not, have you ever had a sense of energy from someone or from a place? Many times. especially from people, both good and bad.

Have you felt a presence from or had a dream about a deceased family member or friend? Yes, dreams.

Ever heard of anything that seemed spooky, but turned out to have an ordinary explanation? Nothing comes to mind.

Foodie Question(s):
A Zero bar and a Mounds bar.

Have you tried any of the candy bar inspired ice cream treats, like Snickers, etc. ? No.

Just to:
What did you do so far this week and what are you likely doing this weekend? I did laundry, shopped at Trader Joe's, read a book, voted, had a blood test, started The Watcher on Netflix, and took a few naps.

Thank you, bjh!

Old 10-27-2022, 07:44 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,771 posts, read 81,718,245 times
Today's Question(s):
Would you live somewhere you really liked even though it was said to be haunted? No, I have had a few experiences before, and would not like a steady diet of it.

Did you ever live or work somewhere that unexplained things happened, and if so, can you give us an example? Not lived or worked, just stayed overnight, twice at 100+ year-old hotels, once at a relative's house.

Good or not, have you ever had a sense of energy from someone or from a place? Yes, there have been a few people including one co-worker that seems to generate positive energy.

Have you felt a presence from or had a dream about a deceased family member or friend? Yes, a few times.

Ever heard of anything that seemed spooky, but turned out to have an ordinary explanation? Several times.

Foodie Question(s):
What, if any, candy did you buy this month? Sugar-Free York Peppermint Patties

Have you tried any of the candy bar inspired ice cream treats, like Snickers, etc. ? Yes, a few of them.

Just to:
What did you do so far this week and what are you likely doing this weekend? Worked from home two days, in the office one day, not much else. This weekend shopping and making dinner for my son's birthday, with him and his fiancé coming over Saturday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics